Thread: "pumping iron"

joe_capone is offline Member

"pumping iron"

i was just watching that movie from back in the 70's mr olympia.. man arnold was something else those days. big lou should have came second and serge newbert shouldnt have beaten lou.

thing is what i notices from body builders theese days.. they got massive quads then they did back in the day.. i duno why they had small legs back then its weird.. how did they control estrogen back then? there was a part where lou went into his room and they were taping him popping pills lool. im thinking are those dbols? anadrols? wtf is he taking...

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    I am certain if you asked lou they were protein pills LOL

joe_capone is offline Member
    lou was a fkn monster man. too bad that time he wasnt a vetran.. arnold and serge were older and more experienced. in my honest opinion.. if lou was the same age as arnold that time.. he would totaly blow him away by a mile.

till this day.. lou is still a monster man. looks like he hasnt lost anything.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Arnold was insane in that movie, he was huge, seeing him in the mirror after doing a set of flat bench fly, sheit he looked like a monster. Great movie, I pop it in the ol' vrc once a week.

I liked Lou in that movie. He was dumb as an ox but he was a monster.

Arnold still deserved that win of course.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fallen Angel
    . He was dumb as an ox .
    LMAO, very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Testsubject
    LMAO, very true.

GRRRRRR NO MORE NO MORE! ::Moans like a girl::

::Throws up three more reps::

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! BRUCE BANNER ANGRY!

:rops the barbell on the rack.::

jjc1431 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_capone
    lou was a fkn monster man. too bad that time he wasnt a vetran.. arnold and serge were older and more experienced. in my honest opinion.. if lou was the same age as arnold that time.. he would totaly blow him away by a mile.

till this day.. lou is still a monster man. looks like he hasnt lost anything.
    knew lou .........the thing or person who ruined his career was his father.a total ***hole.also lou didn`t like weider program with the gear. father thought it was to much for little lou handle.his father was a nyc policeman,retired just to manage lou career and send it down the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by jjc1431
    knew lou .........the thing or person who ruined his career was his father.a total ***hole.also lou didn`t like weider program with the gear. father thought it was to much for little lou handle.his father was a nyc policeman,retired just to manage lou career and send it down the toilet.
    Lou's father was an idiot from what I saw on Pumping Iron. He talked out his ass. He acted like he knew everything about body building competitions but did he ever compete? I feel bad for lou for wasting his time under his father's direction.

GRRRRRR NO MORE NO MORE! ::Moans like a girl::

::Throws up three more reps::

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! BRUCE BANNER ANGRY!

:rops the barbell on the rack.::
    LMFAO!, and yeah his father did not have any idea what was going on, i think he was a restraint to Lou.

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    man i love that movie... i think its cool that one part where (i don;t remeber what he's doing either bench or flys) and you can see how massive his chest is (arnold) thats such a great movie to watch if you're feeling a little down on the gym! puts you right back in the mood!

Viking_Power is offline Associate Member
    Pumping Iron was awesome, I did a mistake though I watched Ronnie's tape for the first time a few month ago and than right after watched Pumping Iron... I really found Arnold small compared to Ronnie. Should of watched Pumping iron first.

VP

LMFAO!, and yeah his father did not have any idea what was going on, i think he was a restraint to Lou.
    Lou's father was an idiot. I think Lou might have gotten second place if he had a proper trainer not some old retired cop who belived he knew everything about bodybuilding.

I did think it was funny how Lou screamed or whined alot during his sets. His incline bench was like.....185lbs if I counted right and he was screaming. True that's a good ammount to incline but he acted like was pumping up 400lbs.

Shortyrock13 is offline Associate Member
    I did think it was funny how Lou screamed or whined alot during his sets. His incline bench was like.....185lbs if I counted right and he was screaming. True that's a good ammount to incline but he acted like was pumping up 400lbs.

even though it was a documentary, the filmmakers asked alot of the guys to exagerate things. This could be one, also the concept of overtraining wasn't really in back then, so it very well could have been 185, but maybe his 20th set for chest that day. He's still diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortyrock13
    even though it was a documentary, the filmmakers asked alot of the guys to exagerate things. This could be one, also the concept of overtraining wasn't really in back then, so it very well could have been 185, but maybe his 20th set for chest that day. He's still diesel.
    Good point, I took that into account that might have been a last set of his but still.......

AHHHHHHHHHHH NO MORE NO MORE!

Good point, I took that into account that might have been a last set of his but still.......

AHHHHHHHHHHH NO MORE NO MORE!
    LMAO, you crack me up bro....... Lou makes me laugh throughout that movie. Remember when he was doing barbell curls and the guys kept feedin him weights.. He looked like such a goof, Im not dissin Lou or anything just saying the guys and little nuts in that movie.

LMAO, you crack me up bro....... Lou makes me laugh throughout that movie. Remember when he was doing barbell curls and the guys kept feedin him weights.. He looked like such a goof, Im not dissin Lou or anything just saying the guys and little nuts in that movie.
    Hey Lou I got a present for you!

::Takes barbell out of Lou's hands and gives him a heavier one.::

AHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

"Come on Lou, come on! YOU DO THE WORK! I AIN'T LIFTING IT FOR YA!"

Thread Information