BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Who Here has *Actually* Hit Their Pecs

I honestly can't see myself injecting a bodypart where I can't use both hands, but i have an upcoming cycle planned that will necessitate ED injections. I'm looking at both quads and both glutes as 4 out of my seven spots (i'd like to have four bodyparts for 8 total sites and rotate on an 8 day spin). I've ruled out calves for two reasons: 1. last time i tried i lost a part of a tooth as a result (no bull****...long story) and 2. that thread regarding the rare but serious risk of injecting the calves.

Pecs seem logical as a place to hit that will satisfy my requirements, but I'm just having a bit of trouble seeing how that won't hurt like a bitch...not to mention that Pulp Fiction scene (you know the one of which I speak) keeps replaying in my head. So, who's hit 'em and what did you think?

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    I just injected fina/test prop into my left pec yesterday with a 25g 5/8 needle and its no more painful than any other site that i've done........if you have any questions about exactly where to do it or anything.........go to www.spotinjections.com

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    i take it delts aren't an option?

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    I find that it hurts less than biceps actually. I do use both hands too. The only thing is, the soreness seems to last a bit longer. I never inject a pec the day I lift chest either, the deep muscle bruise feeling is too much. I typicaly use a 25g 5/8 incher and go slow, but with an insulin pin I just jab it right in there. Piece of cake.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    I do pecs eod Big G.Very easy for me.Never a problem either. Actually pecs and delts are my places of choice.

Testify is offline Senior Member
    I hit my pecs in the rotation. I love them. They are easy and painless. Lots of meat too, so less pain.

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    I find that it hurts less than biceps actually. I do use both hands too. The only thing is, the soreness seems to last a bit longer. I never inject a pec the day I lift chest either, the deep muscle bruise feeling is too much. I typicaly use a 25g 5/8 incher and go slow, but with an insulin pin I just jab it right in there. Piece of cake.
    So you use a 'slin pin for the pecs? My bodyfat will likely be around 9-11% when I start, and I'm a bit wary that a slin pin won't get deep enough. I'll have to take a look at the few I have laying around.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    I do pecs eod Big G.Very easy for me.Never a problem either. Actually pecs and delts are my places of choice.
    Do you do both in the fashion shown on spotinjections? Most people I discuss this with say they do it a different way with delts, going in from the top as opposed to the side.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes, but I only inject 1ml in each pectoral. My bf is probably at or near 9% as well and I haven't had any problems. The pin just needs to be buried in there. .5 inch slin pin BTW. I actualy use slin pinz as much as possible now as even a 25g gets to be a real hassle when I'm running ED injections.

I wouldn't recomend a slin pin Big G.There's agood chance you could wind up going sub q by accident.I'd stick with a 5/8 or a 1'' pin myself.

allsaucedup is offline Member
    i have hit my traps before. was not that bad you dont need a big pin.

Swellin Guest
    Big G, I hit my pecs and delts in rotation with my:quads, bi's, tri's, & trap's.
    The only difficult one is the trap shot...no way to put two hands on it. I just butchered one moments ago.

Back to the pecs...two inches above the nipple...slightly to the inner portion of the chest....5-1" inside of the nipple...LOOK FOR THE VEINS! I almost never hit one in my eft pec...I hit one 50% of the time in my right pec.

As for the delts, sometimes, I go in a little more toward the front & other times I go in directly from the side. Both are just a little bit higher than what is shown on spotinjections...but not much. Notice the way the muscle looks in the mirror. Then look at spotinjections. Look at what part of the muscle he is hitting, and try that. If it doesn't work for you...move just a little bit away from there.

Tri's are the second easiest shot I do (behind quads). Flew, pick the outer side of the horseshoe. "Mark" the spot (with your eye). Now, relax your arm and fold it across your chest...with your fist under the opposite arm pit. Now the tri is completely relaxed and stretched...hit that spot you marked. You will use you arm and you pec for stability...no wiggling around in there. Easy shot.

Edited because I forgot to add:
    I use a 25G 1" for all spot injections. Not big enough to hurt...but big enough to get where it needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Do you do both in the fashion shown on spotinjections? Most people I discuss this with say they do it a different way with delts, going in from the top as opposed to the side.
    There's many options with the pec and delt region.I have decent definition,so I can see exactly were I want to inject that day.I go in at all different angles on the delts and pecs.Less scar tissue this way.Keeps all your options open.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    I use a 23 1" pin for pecs and hit the outer part of the pectoralis major. A little sore but the inflamation makes my pecs look bigger. My glutes, quads, bis and tris also are part of my rotation. I've been injecting daily or eod for over seven months without any problems. If I didn't rotate my ass would be so full of ois it would be impossible to inject into. I hate delts (mine are pretty huge) as they get sore worse than anywhere else on me. The quads are a great place because you have such a large arear to inject into that they offer at least 3 sites each inti my rotation. I would never use a slin pin for anything other than Humalog as it is too hard to push the oil. I don't use anything smaller than a 23 guage 1" because test should be injected deep IM for best distribution.

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    How do u fellas manage to aspirate with the one hand unavalible? Do you use smaller barrels?

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigun
    How do u fellas manage to aspirate with the one hand unavalible? Do you use smaller barrels?
    Fingers aroung the barrel and pull the plunger out with thumbnail side of thumb.

stack-a-licious is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    I just injected fina/test prop into my left pec yesterday with a 25g 5/8 needle and its no more painful than any other site that i've done........if you have any questions about exactly where to do it or anything.........go to www.spotinjections.com

great website for newbie injectors...like myself...

Sorken is offline Member
    Hmm.. if you go too deep with the pin in your pec.. you will be injecting into you heart

I was thinking of trying the pec, don't need right now, cuz im only shooting 2times week

tallnskinny is offline New Member
    ok, how much harder is it to push oil through a 'slin pin than say a 23 guage or 25 for that matter?? i have always used a 22 or 23x 1.5" in the past but am thinking about starting to use pecs next go round and would like to use a 25 x 1" or even a slin pin for pecs and if i can push the oil through without shaking and what not i may use 25's for all injections or 'slin pins for pecs and delts. just wondering whats the difference??
    Will i likly shake or something from pushing very hard or is it just a bit slower?
    Thanks bros in advance.

Swellin Guest
    Forget the slin pin. Use a 25g 1" and you won't have any problems.

As for going into the heart...I have enough meat there that it would require substantially more than a 1" pin to get to it. DocM uses a 1.5" pin for the chest.

animal-inside is offline Senior Member
    BG- you have 3 places to inject on the quad.. a nursing student said they are taught they can go anywhere on it about a hands length above the knee and below the hip. As for the pecs I hit them alot. I fidn the pain poking in stings more then any other site, but thats the only pain i get. No pain the next day. I use a 1" 23 gauge and straght in 2 inch above the nipple. I only go in 3/4 in tho. I would use a 5/8 but I got high bf and go all the way in if i had 5/8 pins

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Ditto.

Thread Information