Fenix12 is offline Junior Member

Checking for blood when injecting

I was re-reading the injection info and it states you must pull back on the plunger to check for blood. I am confused as to how you could insert a piece of metal into your body and not pull out blood? Can someone explain this to me. Also I did an injection and didn't pull back on the stopper to check for blood, what could failing to do this have done to me because I know alot of people who don't do it.

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus

aspirate

exactly. your doing this to make sure your not in a vein or blood vessel.
    you see bubbles your good to go, you see blood no-no

dawgy52 is offline New Member
    I some what diagree. Sometimes you will get a small drop in the syringe when you aspirate I think this might be from the original poke through the skin because if you notice every time you pull the pin out you have a drop of blood there. So I think when you asperate and your pulling and theres a vacume meaning that the plunger wont draw out easily then your in the muscle. If your in a vain or blood vessel the blunger will draw much easier and youll get a rush of blood in the syringe.

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    if you inject into a vein you risk killing yourself, its that simple

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    so aspirate

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgy52
    I some what diagree. Sometimes you will get a small drop in the syringe when you aspirate I think this might be from the original poke through the skin because if you notice every time you pull the pin out you have a drop of blood there. So I think when you asperate and your pulling and theres a vacume meaning that the plunger wont draw out easily then your in the muscle. If your in a vain or blood vessel the blunger will draw much easier and youll get a rush of blood in the syringe.
    Hmmm, I have to disagree. I've given myself hundreds of shots. never once when I aspirate does a little bit of blood enter the syringe unless I'm in a vein (which is very rare)

Thread Information