LeafsFan is offline Associate Member

Half Life question -Why so long to see results?

How come it takes around 3-4 weeks for longer ester tests like Enth and Cyp to kick in?

Say they have a halflife around 11 days, wouldn't that mean that half of the test is released by 5.5 days?

So say I inject 500mg in week1, shouldn't I have 250mg of test flowing 5 days later? Isn't 250mg enough to make a difference in strenght/etc?

Confused

Jackman is offline Banned
    half life means say you put 500mg in you. when you get to the half life only 250mg if in you. in another 11 days you have that 250 cut in half then the other 500mg you have in you. i know its not clear maybe somone else can explain it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackman
    half life means say you put 500mg in you. when you get to the half life only 250mg if in you. in another 11 days you have that 250 cut in half then the other 500mg you have in you. i know its not clear maybe somone else can explain it better.
    Right, but shouldn't a spike of 250mg of test have some sort of effect?

Jackman is offline Banned
    hmm well you naturally have around 100mg of natural test in you a week so i dont think 250mg should have that much of an effect. bump for somone else.

someday is offline Member
    it is working but a spike in testosterone levels isn't gonna put 20lbs of mass on you overnight. You have to give it some time in order to see the results.

If im right then if it hasa half life of 11 days then half of it is out by day 11.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Takes time to build muscle - be patient Bro . Is your stuff legit ?

Do the math with test E (for example) at even 250mg/shot 2x/week. Notice what your plasma test levels will be after 4-5 weeks.
    Assume a 10 day half life and you're shooting every 5 days @ 250mg....
    (250mg).... (250mg + (250mg*0.5))......(250mg + (250mg*0.5) + (250mg*.25)).......(250mg) + (250mg*0.5) + (250mg*0.25) +(250mg*0.125))....etc
    You'll be able to see your serum test levels after 5 weeks compared to the little bump of 250mgs above physiological levels after the first 1.5 weeks, and you'll know why there's a big difference in how it feels and effects you.

GRIPS is offline Associate Member
    compared to how long it take to develope muscle naturally waiting 4week to see some kind of growth is nothing to complain about. If your looking to see quick results use fast acting ester 1-2 day half life. Like prop. test. or eat some d-bol.

Sorken is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    Do the math with test E (for example) at even 250mg/shot 2x/week. Notice what your plasma test levels will be after 4-5 weeks.
    Assume a 10 day half life and you're shooting every 5 days @ 250mg....
    (250mg).... (250mg + (250mg*0.5))......(250mg + (250mg*0.5) + (250mg*.25)).......(250mg) + (250mg*0.5) + (250mg*0.25) +(250mg*0.125))....etc
    You'll be able to see your serum test levels after 5 weeks compared to the little bump of 250mgs above physiological levels after the first 1.5 weeks, and you'll know why there's a big difference in how it feels and effects you.

Great answer !

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    It does, you should notice some water retention within a week. Like somebody else stated above, muscle doesn't grow overnight....it takes some time.

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan
    Right, but shouldn't a spike of 250mg of test have some sort of effect?

Thanks for the explanations guys, much appreciated

I haven't started my cycle yet but I thought that I wouldn't see *any* signs (no extra strenght, no bloat, no increased mass) until about a month into my cycle. I understand now

Cheers!

JoeB is offline Associate Member
    even still. I've always noticed a change within 2 weeks (water retention, libedo)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeB
    even still. I've always noticed a change within 2 weeks (water retention, libedo)
    That's not odd at all. It's a ramping up of plasma test levels until you establish an equilibrium, where degradation due to half-life and addition due to biweekly injections will somewhat balance each other out.
    You'll start to see increasing effects/sides on the way up to that consistent plasma test level.

Thread Information