woodiechopper is offline Associate Member

Minimum Test Blood Levels

What's the minimum test blood levels you need to have to make gains? I see some people getting up to 3,000ng but that sounds like a lot. In January, I was at 1421ng/dL total test and 511pg/mL free. Normal ranges are 260-1000ng and 50-210pg, respectively.

Should I be shooting to maintain at 1400ng or above? It seems like the best approach would be to measure the output (test levels in the blood) rather than the input (amount of test you take) and then calibrate for the right amount to take since everyone's body is different (particularly with age).

Quote Originally Posted by woodiechopper
    What's the minimum test blood levels you need to have to make gains? I see some people getting up to 3,000ng but that sounds like a lot. In January, I was at 1421ng/dL total test and 511pg/mL free. Normal ranges are 260-1000ng and 50-210pg, respectively.

Should I be shooting to maintain at 1400ng or above? It seems like the best approach would be to measure the output (test levels in the blood) rather than the input (amount of test you take) and then calibrate for the right amount to take since everyone's body is different (particularly with age).
    Gains are simply going to increase in proportion to the rise in test (to a certain point). You can't put a number to it, since it's not a threshhold event. It'd be ideal to follow total and free test via bloodwork, but that's not practical for most. Even being slightly above normal free test levels can lead to "gains".

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Based on studies I have read - you get the best anabolic effect at >300mg of TE per week... I can't recall where I read this but it had something to do with an effect on satelite cells occuring only as doses went <300mg/wk...

So absolute minimum for bodybuilding desired effects, from my research, would be TE @ 300mg/wk...

Thread Information