hellnhavoc is offline New Member

Leg day and the pain it brings

I was just wondering if im the only one who almost throws up on leg day. And im also wondering if you guys feel extremely exhausted afterwards and have a desire to take a nap.

palequail is offline Banned
    if you are training correctly...Yes.....feeling like crap after should be normal...that is how you grow.

marrok is offline Junior Member
    Your not the only one, often times I have had a tough leg day leaving me moving around slower than my grandparents.

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    I throw up almost every time...sometimes twice!!! Like palequail say's "this is normal" and if your not then something is wrong. I always take 600mg of ibuprofin directly after as this helps with swelling and pain. Peace

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    That post workout nap is awsome! You just know that it is productive rest. Too bad I dont have time for it anymore.

My friend and I videotaped one of our squat sessions. In the best part of the video, I am going for 15 with 345. I'm shaking, whining, practicaly crying while having a rather large trainer at Worlds screaming obcenities in my face.

Meanwhile my buddy is sitting on a box squat cube hurling into a bucket.
    Good stuff.

marrok is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    Good stuff.
    Nothing quite like moral support from your training partner.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hellnhavoc
    I was just wondering if im the only one who almost throws up on leg day. And im also wondering if you guys feel extremely exhausted afterwards and have a desire to take a nap.
    Yep. Sounds like you're doing it right.

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Way back when i first started training in 9th grade I met a guy from a rival football team and his legs were freaky huge. Mine thighs were like 19 inches @ 6 feet tall and my calves were smaller than my knees. All I could see was me getting dominated by this guy the second game of the year. I stole some money and bought a 200 lb weight set and had my grandpa make me some squat racks out of wood.

My first workout I could only squat with 80lbs for 3 sets of 10. In Bill Starrs book "The Strongest Shall Survive" he said you could add 20 lbs per week to your squat and I didn't know that was a lot so I did it. By the end of summer I was squating 200 for four sets of 10, followed by stiff-legged deadlifts with the same weight and rep scheme. I rested 45-60 sec between sets.

The thing I remember most about that summer was that I would work legs every 3 days at around 10 am, throw up afterward, and then pass out for about an hour. By the next day, my legs felt like they were bruised. Every step I took I was in agony. This went on for 3 months. The day after training I was sleepy all day.

By the time two-a-days came my thighs were 24 inches and my forty went from 5.2 to 4.8 sec and I didn't sprint at all that year.

I'm 37yo, getting back into it, and it's much worse now than then.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    love to nap after lifting especially legs and back - the big muscles crave the rest - or it could be I am just old LOL

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Good stuff.

........sounds like me.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Good stuff.

........sounds like me.

You know DB - people pay good money for this type of comedy

Paranoid is offline Associate Member
    Legs sessions are brutal, especially when heavy squats are involved. I find that while I'm on gear its not nearly as bad and my recovery is a lot quicker. Never actually threw up, but I came close on several occasions.

Thread Information