Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    One example:

Former teamate of mine, his name is Randy Chevrier, he's now in the NFL.

When we were in CEGEP football, Kent State was bugging him for a scholarship, he refused and went to McGill here in Montreal. The recruiters made fun of him saying "bah canadian schools suck, you'll go no where". Well he has a great education with a degree equivalent to an IVY league school and still he went pro, school first!

Another teamate from the same team. That guy scored 1450 in its SAT, a ****ing genious, Harvard was all over him, they offered him an academic scholarship covering 80%. So he would have to pay about 10k for 4 years, and his family could afford it without no problems actually his family could afford Harvard at full cost. But, the dumbass decided to go to Kentucky, because it was Div 1A, I had 2 formers teamates that went to KY, they came back and cant get a ****ing job in their field as their degrees are considred as crap.

Another ex teamate went to Northern Illinois, came back, his degree is considered as **** and now works a job not even related at all to his education.

Lot of my ex teamates who decided to go to a school because of its football and came back home, had problems getting jobs.

Me, when I accepted to go Big 1A, I didnt cared about the school I wanted to play football in the big team, well I ****ed it up and came back and got an education to one of the best school in the country. If I would have stayed I would have graduate from "Mickey House University".

Think about the school, the education first. football is only a game and for the coaches you only a pawn in their careers

kdawg21 is offline Associate Member
    Div 1-AA, graduated, and now I am trying to get into law school. Pick a school based on the education you get, if you dont make it to the next level, at least you will have a degree
    Last edited by kdawg21; 08-12-2004 at 01:03 AM.

lamb88ert is offline New Member
    ****, alot of smaller ohio schools being mentioned, i was thinkin about training another year or two and possibly tryin to walk on at a local school like Mount or Kent, mount union is pretty pricey but they kick @$$ on the field.....

Unknown$$ is offline Associate Member
    D-1 but took year off for school...goin back next year!!

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    Also, dont forget about the SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have the chance to play let's say at Brown in 1AA or Kent State in the big 1A I hope you will pick the best school

Too many times I saw my teamates turning down great academic schools because they wanted the big 1A (well I changed, I was like them before)

School first, football second, because football will most likely not put food on the table!
    Both Brown's academics and their athletics BLOW...i hope this helps*

*I joke, as I have a personal vendetta against Brown for personal reasons and also against their 'no class requirments' philosophy. But yes, you make a very valid point all things considered.

FlyNlo is offline New Member
    Its rare that a Juco is gonna be all that great... Some in Cali get real good cause a bunch of the kids who couldnt get into USC,UCLA, the ORE schools and UW get dropped into those Jucos til they get their grades up... A good D2 school would mop the floor with about 95% of all Jucos... this argument shouldn't even be happening right now
    The difference between the players throughout the different levels of competition is skill... if you're good they're going to find you.

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    UCLA 4 years.

2davidbostonjr1 is offline Junior Member

d3

Quote Originally Posted by boistheman
    WHAT DIVISION IS EVERYBODY IN, I PLAY AT A D-2 SCHOOL IN NC, BUT iM BOUT TO GO D-3 CAUSE i THINK iM INELIGEABLE THIS YAER CAUSE OF GRADES. ANYWAY JUST WONDERING.
    i play D3 reppin that oac any body eles play in the oac sry guys i havent been on here in awhile i ****ed up my knee and havent had my comp and a lot of other **** on my mind .. hows everyone's eles season going ??

IrISShEagles is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    why is everything about "getting into the league" nowadays??

D3 and **** PROUD!!! and we'll beat the bajesus out of ne juco team in the country

DCB

one would hope

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information