Thread: Humalog Peak??

GATOR_98 is offline Associate Member

Humalog Peak??

Hey boyz, I'm new to the slin usage.....I have tried to educated myself as best I can and this site helps alot. I have a question about Humalog.....what is actually happening in your body during the peak of it's activity(approx.
    1 hour after injection)? Everyone talks about intake of Creatine/Glutamine and Dextrose Immediatley PWO....and the insulin acts as a shuttle to transport nutrients to te depleted muscles....but isn't it more bennificial to feed the muscles at the peak of insulin activity?

revie is offline New Member
    humalog is the fastest working insulin available, it starts to work in the body in about 5-15 minutes. its duration time is about 3.5 hours-4.5 hours.
    the peak time of humalog is between 30-90mins.
    after 2 hours, the humalog does not do alot of work.
    the peak is virtually everything. most powerful 30-90min range.

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    Have a look at Einsteins graph which he made last week and this will give you visual display of the activity times as well as the literature

GATOR_98 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigun
    Have a look at Einsteins graph which he made last week and this will give you visual display of the activity times as well as the literature
    yes, but I'm more interested in knowing when insulin is peaking....isn't that the best time to feed your body with nutrients(creatine , glutamine etc.)? Or maybe, the reason we consume everything right after injection is to make sure it's completely digested and already into our blood stream when the insulin is peaking? I don't know.....any info is much appreciated.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GATOR_98
    yes, but I'm more interested in knowing when insulin is peaking....isn't that the best time to feed your body with nutrients(creatine , glutamine etc.)? Or maybe, the reason we consume everything right after injection is to make sure it's completely digested and already into our blood stream when the insulin is peaking? I don't know.....any info is much appreciated.

Hmmm that is a good question

NewBreed is offline Associate Member
    I tkink,number two,so everything is where it should be and the slin does the rest.
    If you want sides,like hunger,nausea etc,then you dhould eat,whe it peaks and you will feel it,when it peaks*lol*

I had that experience a few days ago,when I burned about 3000ckal in bit more than 3 hours,took a shot of Actrpid and gh+my p/w drinks and a few hours later I was so in hypo,that I had to eat 500g of Blueberry-Joghurt in about 1min,than a big bowl of pancake ,of which I drank tha half of it,befor I could cook it,plus dextrose drink,fruitjuice,Proteinshake,breads and baguettes with cheese and ham,ketchup,mustard,...
    Kitchen was a battlefield.

revie is offline New Member
    listen dog, if you use humalog,
    humalog's peak time is 30-90mins after injection.
    it begins to work 5-15mins after injection.
    its duration in the body is about 3,5 hours...

Thread Information