BigRed54 is offline New Member

GH EXPERTS! Heard of Geref 1.0mg by Serono?

Anyone heard of Geref 1.0mg by Serono? A friend of mine is taking it and he heard its something like GH. I was curious if its even worth a crap. Can someone enlighten me on this product?

Yeah, it's the first legit growth hormone releasing hormone (GHRH) to come out. Lots of people have been waiting for this to become more readily available.

The dosing that would be beneficial makes the cost almost ridiculous. the following study uses 30 micrograms/Kg/day. That's roughly 3mgs for a ~220Lb person. I've seen Geref for $25/mg. Do the math on that....

J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1996 Mar;81(3):1189-96. Related Articles, Links

Once daily subcutaneous growth hormone-releasing hormone therapy accelerates growth in growth hormone-deficient children during the first year of therapy. Geref International Study Group.

Thorner M, Rochiccioli P, Colle M, Lanes R, Grunt J, Galazka A, Landy H, Eengrand P, Shah S.

Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville 22908, USA.

The efficacy and safety of 1 yr of GH-releasing hormone [GHRH-(1-29)] therapy in GH-deficient children were determined. One hundred and ten previously untreated prepubertal GH-deficient children were treated for up to 1 yr in a multicenter, open label study with 30 micrograms/kg GHRH-(1-29)/day, sc, given at bedtime. Eighty-six of the 110 patients were eligible for efficacy analysis. The main outcome measures, monitored every 3-6 months, were linear growth enhancement (height velocity), bone age progression, and safety measures including clinical chemistry. The mean height velocity for the group increased from 4.1 +/- 0.9 cm/yr at baseline to 8.0 +/- 1.5 and 7.2 +/- 1.3 cm/yr after 6 and 12 months of therapy, respectively. At 6 months, 74% of the children were considered to have a good response to GHRH. The ratio of the change in bone age to height age was not significantly different from unity at 12 months (1.04 +/- 0.58; P = 0.63). No adverse changes in general biochemical or hormonal analyses were noted. No change in fasting glucose concentration or excessive generation of insulin-like growth factor I occurred, and overall GHRH was well tolerated. We conclude that GHRH administered as a once daily dose of 30 micrograms/kg GHRH.(1-29), s.c., was effective in increasing height velocity in GH-deficient children.

The statements in bold make absolutely no sense to me, since increasing GH release should have the exact opposite effects of what was reported.

I've also seen studies using as little as 1microgram/Kg/day with alright results.

Thread Information