joevette is offline Banned

1st slin shot & a question

Hey bros, I just shot my first slin shot. I started at 4ius with 40grams of dextrose and 75 grams of protein, then 1 hour later 20grams dextrose and 75 grams of protein. I'm a little parnoid about going hypo, so I've been checking my bg levels every 10 minutes.

Here's the question: I checked my bg once and it was 70. Then I inserted the same test strip in again and it read 84, and again it read 90, and once more at 95! What's the deal? Do I need to wait a certain amount of time after putting the blood on the strip before I test it? I've read the instruction manual and it din't address this.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    did you take a bg test before you took the slin,meanng like the day before to see where your normally at.. wouldnt worry about gong hypo wth only 4ius and the amount of carbs/pro you have ingested

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joevette
    Hey bros, I just shot my first slin shot. I started at 4ius with 40grams of dextrose and 75 grams of protein, then 1 hour later 20grams dextrose and 75 grams of protein. I'm a little parnoid about going hypo, so I've been checking my bg levels every 10 minutes.

Here's the question: I checked my bg once and it was 70. Then I inserted the same test strip in again and it read 84, and again it read 90, and once more at 95! What's the deal? Do I need to wait a certain amount of time after putting the blood on the strip before I test it? I've read the instruction manual and it din't address this.
    i believe he is referring to innacurracies in the BG meter he is using. I'm not sure specifically what yours is, but differen't ones have different accuracies. that seems like a large fluctuation to me for the same reading. How long was the duration in between each reading for the different results on that strip?

What brand are you using?

i believe he said,,,every 10 min.

It's a prestige IQ, from gpz, the same one einey uses I believe. The measurements were taken at about one minute intervals.
    And yes, I took a measurement yesterday right before bed. It had been 5 hours since my last pro/carb meal and my bg was 116. Today my bg ranged from 133 ten minutes after my dextrose meal, and 70 at the peak of activity right before my next meal. Then back up to 110. I'm doing IM humalog btw.
    Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    i believe he said,,,every 10 min.
    Ten minutes inbetween each different measurement, about 1 minute for the measurments on the same strip.

i dont take any readings myself,i just go by feel.but that seems like quite a big dip....down to 70

Well, that's what I would expect. That's why I timed my ppwo meal right then. Then I was back up to 110.

Also, I don't trust my "feel" after a workout. I ussually have alot of the same hypo symptoms even without slin. Lethargic, sometimes dizzy, etc.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by joevette
    Also, I don't trust my "feel" after a workout. I ussually have alot of the same hypo symptoms even without slin. Lethargic, sometimes dizzy, etc.

Going by feel is no bueno... youre right joe test your levels with a monitor. That way you know for certian that your BG are off...

cyflex is offline Associate Member
    bump

cyflex is offline Associate Member
    bump

Foxy Sphinx is offline Associate Member
    Ive always just gone by feel. Gone up to 29iu in one inject tops. I just ingest protein shake with an amount of table sugar equivalent to whatever slin amount I shoot as im shooting the slin. Ive never gone hypo at any point yet, not even at 29iu. Ive used both humulin-r and humalog. I prefer log as im sure everyone does.

shut up I swear you make more mad the more I see you post about slin and HGH

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    shut up I swear you make more mad the more I see you post about slin and HGH

I 2nd that.

Im glad I am not alone and I know more agree... so back to joevettes topic please. Just trying to keep the peace

Thread Information