Tony42 is offline New Member

HGH Injection and Eat Times

Im reading a lot of conflicting information regarding HGH injection times and eating after a HGH injection.

1. I read some post that say to inject at night before bed to supplement your own GH release during sleep and then other post says early day and afternoon only so you don't interfere or suppress your natural production.

2. And I read conflicting information on injecting and eating. I read not to eat and hour before or after your injection because eating will raise your blood sugar and your body will release insulin and HGH and insulin will compete at the same receptor site. Then I read to eat a simple carb right after an injection? Which is it?

Anyone have some definitive answers to these two arguments.

-Tony
    Last edited by Tony42; 03-08-2005 at 02:29 PM.

dutchman718 is offline Junior Member
    i dont eat before and i wait an hour after, If not my blood sugar gets too high (i feel supe hyper....not good!!)

frank_frank is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony42
    Im reading a lot of conflicting information regarding HGH injection times and eating after a HGH injection.

1. I read some post that say to inject at night before bed to supplement your own GH release during sleep and then other post says early day and afternoon only so you don't interfere or suppress your natural production.

2. And I read conflicting information on injecting and eating. I read not to eat and hour before or after your injection because eating will raise your blood sugar and your body will release insulin and HGH and insulin will compete at the same receptor site. Then I read to eat a simple carb right after an injection? Which is it?

Anyone have some definitive answers to these two arguments.

-Tony

1.I inject 4IUs a day and i do a morning shot and an afternoon shot.. ya ive read both but this seems to be working for me so ..

2.i dont do anything special.. sometimes i eat right b4 or right after..

nsashbl is offline Associate Member
    I have done 2iu 2x/ed and 4iu in the am. Don't notice a difference. I do make sure my bg is no higher than low 80's before I shoot. Then I eat just after.

Quote Originally Posted by nsashbl
    I have done 2iu 2x/ed and 4iu in the am. Don't notice a difference. I do make sure my bg is no higher than low 80's before I shoot. Then I eat just after.

what would happen if BG was a lot higher than low 80s and u shot?

Quote Originally Posted by frank_frank
    what would happen if BG was a lot higher than low 80s and u shot?
    It's just not good in the long run. Your bg can be driven higher, and thats not a good thing. High bg is why so many fat asses become type 2 diabetics. I also try to stay away from simple carbs.

It's just not good in the long run. Your bg can be driven higher, and thats not a good thing. High bg is why so many fat asses become type 2 diabetics. I also try to stay away from simple carbs.
    doesnt shooting reduce blood sugar levels after the GH is released though? im sorry but im still confused a little

My doc said the gh can make your BG higher, or make your insulin less effective. I tested this yesterday. Shot when bg was 74. Waited an hour and bg was 76, No difference. I do know that if you keep bg high, your end up type 2. I know 2 guys that it hapopened to as they got older. They both were gh users and not carefull.

Robinson is offline New Member
    Yes if you shoot gh you're insulin is less effective and bg will rise (hyper). Also because of that you keep making more and more insulin. Could lead to diabetes in the long run.

Therefore many believe not to eat +- one hour before and 2 hours after a shot.

My doc said the gh can make your BG higher, or make your insulin less effective. I tested this yesterday. Shot when bg was 74. Waited an hour and bg was 76, No difference. I do know that if you keep bg high, your end up type 2. I know 2 guys that it hapopened to as they got older. They both were gh users and not carefull.

how long were they running GH incorrectly?

brooklynheight is offline New Member
    would using r-ala help?

MacDad22 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson
    Yes if you shoot gh you're insulin is less effective and bg will rise (hyper). Also because of that you keep making more and more insulin. Could lead to diabetes in the long run.

Therefore many believe not to eat +- one hour before and 2 hours after a shot.
    Then it seems that it would make sense to shoot this at night before bed. And about an hour after breakfast maybe? Does anyone now how long this sensitivity to insulin / insulin resistance last? How does the dose affect this? If so does it make sense to maybe take smaller doses three times a day ie 1IU per shot vs. 1.5IU 2x a day?

MacDad

Thread Information