Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    TheNextBigThing is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    379

    Is there a test?

    Don't worry, I searched and really couldn't come up with an answer. Basically, I just need to know if there is any type of testing that could show IGF use? There are now tests for GH but I have heard nothing of IGF. Also, GH is detectable for over eighty days, does anyone know how long IGF is detectable for (if it even can be detected)? Thanks for the help.

  2. #2
    rodge's Avatar
    rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    holland.
    Posts
    2,847
    i don't think that they can detect lr3 igf-1 yet cause they test for bound igf-1 and since lr3 bounds very poorly to igf binding protein,well its just guesing from my side.

    -rodge

  3. #3
    TheNextBigThing is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by rodge nl.
    i don't think that they can detect lr3 igf-1 yet cause they test for bound igf-1 and since lr3 bounds very poorly to igf binding protein,well its just guesing from my side.

    -rodge
    That does make sense, thanks for the reply. Does anyone else have any ideas?

  4. #4
    Nicky B's Avatar
    Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    your fridge
    Posts
    1,617
    They can test your igf-1 levels and if you get flagged then ask for a retest. Then 1-3days later they will retest you and you be clear for reason that rodge just sayed and because you normal igf-1 levels comeback quickly.

  5. #5
    TheNextBigThing is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky B
    They can test your igf-1 levels and if you get flagged then ask for a retest.
    So there is a test for IGF and if I am on it when I get tested it will show up as a positive for me using a banned substance?


    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky B
    you normal igf-1 levels comeback quickly.
    Yesterday 02:39 PM .
    If I do a cycle and get tested a week later, I would be fine?

    I am just trying to clear some things up so I don't ruin my career, so thanks for baring with me.

  6. #6
    TheNextBigThing is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    379
    Anyone know anymore about this subject?

  7. #7
    smiler is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextBigThing
    Anyone know anymore about this subject?
    just curious...what do you do?

  8. #8
    Nicky B's Avatar
    Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    your fridge
    Posts
    1,617
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextBigThing
    So there is a test for IGF and if I am on it when I get tested it will show up as a positive for me using a banned substance?




    If I do a cycle and get tested a week later, I would be fine?

    I am just trying to clear some things up so I don't ruin my career, so thanks for baring with me.
    It wouldn't be a urine test. As far as I know they need a blood sample to test for it.

  9. #9
    TheNextBigThing is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by smiler
    just curious...what do you do?
    I play football.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky B
    It wouldn't be a urine test. As far as I know they need a blood sample to test for it.
    Well, that is good news. I really don't see them blood testing me anytime soon. Just out of curiosity did you ever get tested after taking IGF?

  10. #10
    Nicky B's Avatar
    Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    your fridge
    Posts
    1,617
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextBigThing
    I play football.



    Well, that is good news. I really don't see them blood testing me anytime soon. Just out of curiosity did you ever get tested after taking IGF?
    Yes I have

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •