Muscle_4_Hire is offline Associate Member

Reconstituting IGF... Can't get my numbers straight

I'm having a hell of a time understading these conversions as I am trying to prepare to reconstitute this IGF-1 I have. This is recombinant IGF by the way. The instructions say to reconstitute it in sterile water at a concentration of no less than 100mcg per mL. So, with this 1,000mcg vial, that means 10mL of sterile water? Will it fit?

Also, I should note that I will be using distilled water pushing through a whatman filter into this concentration to be stored in the fridge. The lypholized IGF already has .9% benzyl alcohol in it.

So, should I just inject 10mL of sterile water into the vial of 1,000mcg IGF?

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Do what the instruction say, but use BW, damn you are the first person I've heard of using rhIGF-1, instead of LR3 IGF-1

JohnnyB

Yea, I'm the lab rat on this one. I'm testing IGF LR3 vs. rIGF. Basically, I want to experience the localized proliferation of muscle cells that I've read about on here and on PubMed. Had to buy this vial off a lab, I'll report back what I notice. So far, I've done the IGF LR3 and I can feel my cells splitting... Sounds weird, but it happens, especially when I do heavy squats and shoot into my legs. However, I feel it mostly in my lower body, which has something to do with my genetics for lower and lack thereof for upper.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    It's been used before, but it's worth for BBing went down with the availability of LR3. I'm not to sure about the localized growth theory. The onlt reason for injecting the worked muscle is, what we call the pump, is blood and fluid that carries IGF-1 Binding Protein in it. What happens is the IGF-1 BP keeps the IGF-1 at the wound site, to start the healing process. But it's only active for 10-20 minutes, not enough time to do anything dramatic.

LR3 gets into the blood system, with a half-life of about 6 hours, you get over 6 hours of LR3 going to the wound site, to help the healing process. LR3 binds poorly to IGF-1 BP, but it does get bound, it may be small amounts, but it is staying at the wound site and being replenished each time it travels there through the blood.

I think the localized growth is exaggerated with rhIGF-1 or it could be an individual thing, cause there are people that say they get localized growth when injecting LR3 into the wroked muscle. I don't understand how, but I can't say they're not telling the truth, because they very well could be experiancing that result. I hope it works out for you, let us kniw if it works or is urban (BBing) myth.

JohnnyB

Yea, thats good info. I mean I can tell you right now you can buy these growth factors and their receptors at online labs that would, from my research, equate to the localized growth seeked by many BBers. It feels weird to say this but I've noticed localized growth with LR3. Now, I first thought it was just injection site damage until I waited 2 to 3 weeks after the certain injection and still feel new tissue growth, but feels a little bit harder than the rest of the muscle. Also, when I stretch that muscle out, I can feel the injection site from weeks ago still a little sore. Its like I had formed new tissue that had not assimilated, if you will, into my working skeletal muscle. Odd theory, but its something I'm testing out right now.

Thread Information