Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member

Help the Doc out...

Hey guys battling with a Tendonitis injury in my left arm. Desperately wanting to get back into the gym

Going to be running

2iu gh ED
    1iu Igf-1 ED

(Not sure of the length, just see how my injury goes)

Question is whats better Spot injection (IM) or SUB Q for my injury...??

Also if anyone has had similiar injurys and used gh or igf-1 please chime in with your results and what you found worked best.

Thanks in advance

Dr Pepper

No one...??

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    sub-q are fine. I never saw any difference from spot injections

Thanks for the reply mate. Doses look ok for an injury?

Str8Jakked is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pepper View Post
    Hey guys battling with a Tendonitis injury in my left arm
    Well, which is it Tendonitis or an injury- they are two different things.

Also, why do you think that GH or IGF-1 will be a quick fix for either?

Well iv had an ultra sound, X-ray, MRI, CT scan and a nerve conductivity test (or what ever that's called). All the tests bring up is mild tendonitis... Iv seen about 13 different doctors and none of them can work it out to be anything other than tendonitis. Had cortisone, worked for a bit but doesn't fix it completely. Is been an 8 month process that I haven't been able to train any upper body. So I assure you I'm not looking for any quick fixes rather I'm trying to use up every available option that I have...

So...???

Str8Jakked is offline Associate Member
    Well, I can tell you from experience that contrast baths (hot and cold alternating) and rest followed by slowly upping the weight in various exercises seemed to do the trick for people that I have trained who have had the same issue.

Could you give me a bit more info on the contrast baths?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You know I am following in your footsteps doctor for the same reason.
    https://sites.google.com/a/smsconlin...-cold-therapy-
    1. Place the Injured Area in Hot Immersion for 4-5 Minutes
    2. Remove and place immediately in Cold Immersion for 1 Minute
    3. Repeat the Hot/Cold Cycle 4-5 Times
    4. After Last Cold Immersion, Dry Thoroughly
    5. If Range Of Motion exercises have been prescribed, do them immediately following or during the cycle of Contrast Bathing.

I'm also trying about anything. Ice does seem to help the most. I have not tried the hot/cold yet but am going to give it a shot. I have been getting some relief from Ice and muscle stimulator lately but only mild change. I have laid off upper body for 3 weeks with no change. Tonight I jumped back on lightly but mostly doing the good old rotator cuff exercises using cable machine. I remember it helped with my right side a couple years ago. Dont try to use any heavy weight. Reps is the key.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYlCYJCGszU
    Last edited by lovbyts; 09-04-2011 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    You know I am following in your footsteps doctor for the same reason.
    https://sites.google.com/a/smsconlin...-cold-therapy-
    1. Place the Injured Area in Hot Immersion for 4-5 Minutes
    2. Remove and place immediately in Cold Immersion for 1 Minute
    3. Repeat the Hot/Cold Cycle 4-5 Times
    4. After Last Cold Immersion, Dry Thoroughly
    5. If Range Of Motion exercises have been prescribed, do them immediately following or during the cycle of Contrast Bathing.

I'm also trying about anything. Ice does seem to help the most. I have not tried the hot/cold yet but am going to give it a shot. I have been getting some relief from Ice and muscle stimulator lately but only mild change. I have laid off upper body for 3 weeks with no change. Tonight I jumped back on lightly but mostly doing the good old rotator cuff exercises using cable machine. I remember it helped with my right side a couple years ago. Dont try to use any heavy weight. Reps is the key.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYlCYJCGszU
    Thanks mate for that link, was a good read. Def will give it a shot. Hopefully the gh helps aswell. Haven't looked it in a way that I could start training again just with light reps. Iv just stopped all upper body all together. The thing is I'm just scared of making it worse. But it's been so long now and there's still just a little niggling pain there. Do u think i should give light weights high reps a shot? What do u mean by muscle stimulater?

Thanks mate for that link, was a good read. Def will give it a shot. Hopefully the gh helps aswell. Haven't looked it in a way that I could start training again just with light reps. Iv just stopped all upper body all together. The thing is I'm just scared of making it worse. But it's been so long now and there's still just a little niggling pain there. Do u think i should give light weights high reps a shot? What do u mean by muscle stimulater?
    I know the feeling. Ill let you know in the next day or two if I'm making mine worse or not by doing light reps after 3 weeks off. I'm mostly doing the shoulder exercises I posted for now and a lot of warming up/stretching.

EMS unit, electronic muscle stimulator. http://www.lgmedsupply.com/ They use one on me in PT and I have my own. I'm also trying a couple different supplements. HA powder (Hyaluronic Acid) and supper Cissus. Hopefully one of these will help add a little padding back in-between the bones.

I have a ice pack at work I can use for heat also but it sounds like I need to have both. I will start the hot/cold tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I know the feeling. Ill let you know in the next day or two if I'm making mine worse or not by doing light reps after 3 weeks off. I'm mostly doing the shoulder exercises I posted for now and a lot of warming up/stretching.

EMS unit, electronic muscle stimulator. http://www.lgmedsupply.com/ They use one on me in PT and I have my own. I'm also trying a couple different supplements. HA powder (Hyaluronic Acid) and supper Cissus. Hopefully one of these will help add a little padding back in-between the bones.

I have a ice pack at work I can use for heat also but it sounds like I need to have both. I will start the hot/cold tomorrow.
    Do u think it's worth me looking into getting an EMS? What are they worth?

Il look into those two supplements you mentioned. If you let me know how u go with those light reps it would be great to hear.

Thanks mate

The ems units are not expensive anymore. The one I have is quite strong but also big, it's a briefcase type. Most now almost fit in your pocket but I doubt they last as long as mine or have AC connections. They are useful if you plan on doing much therapy on the future or just want to play with the muscle stimulator like I do sometimes. LOL

So far so good, I dont feel any worse for wear today then I did yesterday. If anything maybe a little better? I sort of expected for it to be camping up but it's not. I forgot my 2nd ice/hot pack so I cant do the hot/cold therapy tonight.

Hey mate am on my second day of the gh/igf...

also second day of the contrast therapy, i know the results from gh/igf are not showing yet but the contrast therpy is making my arm feel really good. I just went out and bought heaps of ice cube trays. Filled one bucket with ice and water and another with boiling water. Alternated my arms between both for about 10 secs each and did that about 8 times. Feels great so far.

No upper body training yet, going to give it 6 weeks with the gear and therapy

have you tried it yet, hows the training?

Also mate one other thing, is this what your talking about?

http://www.sportstek.net/muscle-stim...Fc0F4godnguCyw

Good to hear on the contrast and again I forgot my 2nd ice/hot pack. DAMN... Only time I have time is at work.

Yeah that is basically what I am talking about. I'm not sure now good the little ones work but it's a lot easier to use than my monster. LOL

Thanks for the nudge...
    Last edited by lovbyts; 09-06-2011 at 06:26 AM.

No worries mate, keep me updated on how u go with the contrast

BigMyke is offline Junior Member
    Ive had tendonitis in both arms at different times and believe it or not upping light forearm workouts and getting more blood into the area seemed to help not only heal the affected area but continued dedication to my forearm workouts kept the tendonitis away. Dont know where yours is located but this helped me greatly. My feeling is getting
    blood into an injured area will help it heal much more quickly than just rest alone. Also deep tissue massage is another way (very painful tho) to getting blood into the affected area. Ive noticed that GH has helped me recover much quicker through my last few surgeries but only used it after any chance of infection from surgery was over.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMyke View Post
    Ive had tendonitis in both arms at different times and believe it or not upping light forearm workouts and getting more blood into the area seemed to help not only heal the affected area but continued dedication to my forearm workouts kept the tendonitis away. Dont know where yours is located but this helped me greatly. My feeling is getting
    blood into an injured area will help it heal much more quickly than just rest alone. Also deep tissue massage is another way (very painful tho) to getting blood into the affected area. Ive noticed that GH has helped me recover much quicker through my last few surgeries but only used it after any chance of infection from surgery was over.
    Thanks mate! Yeh iv heard building up forearms strengthens tendons in your arms so I might start doing some light forearm exercises. Thanks heaps for your help.

If Anybody has a link to any research on this it would be very much appriciated.

Thanks

Ive only gotten to do the contrast therapy one time so far but something made a difference the next day. I'm not sure if the HA, Cissus or PT is starting to help but it's been better or not as bad the last couple of days. I have also been VERY busy the last couple of days where I am very active with my hands/arms working on things and they have not hurt at all until a couple of hours after. I think part of it my be my job, hours of computer related sitting, typing and doing nothing. I need to take more breaks and work the arms.

Ive been doing the contrast therapy the last few 5 or 6 nights and it seems to be helping. I dont have a ice bucket and hot water to put it in for the extreme cold/hot submersion so I use an ice pack for 15 minutes then a hot pack for 15 and switch back and forth about 5x.
    I have been starting most ever workout with cable rotator cuff exercises also and in-between a few exercises.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    i hate bad tennis elbow two years ago and the only thing that helped out was ice and therapy. the PT's did a procedure called ASTYM, and what it literally does is break up scar tissue in the area and promote blood flow which is necessary for healing. i was almost at the point of platelet rich plasma injections, but the ASTYM and stretching helped out tremendously. i can still feel it in my elbow after i hit weights hard to where i have to have a firm grip and am now trying to use straps more for grip. the painful massage also helps, same principle as ASTYM, break up scar tissue and promote blood flow. start doing something quickly because i let mine linger on for about 6-8 months before i went to a doc. also, if you have not sought out cortisone, it may be a quick fix, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    i hate bad tennis elbow two years ago and the only thing that helped out was ice and therapy. the PT's did a procedure called ASTYM, and what it literally does is break up scar tissue in the area and promote blood flow which is necessary for healing. i was almost at the point of platelet rich plasma injections, but the ASTYM and stretching helped out tremendously. i can still feel it in my elbow after i hit weights hard to where i have to have a firm grip and am now trying to use straps more for grip. the painful massage also helps, same principle as ASTYM, break up scar tissue and promote blood flow. start doing something quickly because i let mine linger on for about 6-8 months before i went to a doc. also, if you have not sought out cortisone, it may be a quick fix, good luck!
    Thanks mate I will defiantly look into the astym! Have no idea what it is but il find out. Yes cortisone was the best compound ever created!! I have had a couple injections and it's made it a lot better. Iv been doing and using so many different things to heal it and I'm very excited to say that I think it's fully healed. But il still be waiting another month until I start doing any upper body at all. In total about 10 months of no upper body, what a killer! Lol. If my injury wasn't healed by the last cortisone injection I had the doctor was going to put me on PRP so I'm glad I'm feeling good now. But il look I to what u said.

Tha ms heaps mate for ur reply!

Thread Information