Thread: Labrum Tear

soulj4h is offline New Member

Labrum Tear

Hello. Im new to this forum, and was looking for some advice.

I have a Level 1 labrum (SLAP) tear of the left shoulder. I was wondering if there were any type of steroids /supplements that could help me in my situation.

Ive never used steroids before, so I'm a total newb.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks.

dreuxscott1 is offline Associate Member
    i have my labrum in my right shoulder with alittle tear and i had surgery to repair the tear on my left shoulder..i dont know as far as steroids to help with a tear because with the roids they usually only really lubricate the joints and i dont see how that would help with a tear...if u can get the surgery get the surgery...ive always had a really bad left shoulder but its been almost 2 years since the surgery and my shoulder is the best its ever been....

I tried surgery with rehab, and all that accomplished for me is 6 months of wasted time unfortunately. I went through rehab, and a week after I was released, it reinjured.

I really shouldnt say it tore though, it was more frayed then torn.

Im just really unmotivated to go through a second surgery and months of rehab. It costs too much money and too much time, and was hoping to try something else before I opt for surgery again.

bump.

Please, any advise would really be helpful.

I feel like im starting to really fall into depression because of this. It really sucks not being able to do any athletic activities. Its starting to also hinder my performance at work.

seth405 is offline New Member

labrum tear

Quote Originally Posted by dreuxscott1
    i have my labrum in my right shoulder with alittle tear and i had surgery to repair the tear on my left shoulder..i dont know as far as steroids to help with a tear because with the roids they usually only really lubricate the joints and i dont see how that would help with a tear...if u can get the surgery get the surgery...ive always had a really bad left shoulder but its been almost 2 years since the surgery and my shoulder is the best its ever been....
    I am new to this site and am not sure how to reply the way i want to yet. I tried to reply directly to dreuxscott1 about the shoulder and it said I dont have permission. If you know how to email people directly from this site let me know.

My question to dreuxscott1 is:

I have a labrum tear in my left shoulder. The first doctor (sports medicine) said that I must have surgery if i want to return to my normal heavy lifting lifesytle and that there were no other altenatives. I took him a mri of my shoulder at the visit. I then went to get a second opinion and the other doctor said he thinks I should try everything to keep from having surgery. The injury was 6 months ago. My shoulder has no pain at all when I work out but it does seem unstable. It has gotten better. i can now do shoulder presses with 155 and incline only with 225. I weigh about 180 muscular. When I do flat benches it does not heart but I can feel awkardness movement in my shoulder. I wanted to know what you were able to do before the surgery. Were you able to lift and do certain things? I am debating whether to have the sugery or not. The doctor wants to staple my labrum down. I have no pain but mentally I feel a little handicapped. I have great insurance and it would be free to me. I can still lift and everything but I dont know if I will ever be able to go all out. Or it might heal over time.

What is your advice? thanks.

doublefister is offline Associate Member
    You might want to consider HGH. Should have you healing faster and its good for your joints and bones. I have a separated ac joint in my right shoulder and have been HGH for 2 months now and I am already having more mobilty in my right shoulder. It will still take some time to heal but its better than it was. Doctor said the separation was small so no need for surgery, just needed to take it easy with the weights which I have done.

Try it for 6 months at least and see if you get some results.

Also, I would take it easy with bench and shoulder presses. All you will do is make it worse which is what happened with me. I basically pushed through the pain till my shoulder separated and I dont think you want that happening. Now I have to do high reps with 30lb dumbells when doing bench and same with shoulder presses. Not fun since I was doing 90's in bench and 80lb in shoulder press. But its about safety and preventing injury. Up to you to decide how long you want to continue lifting for.
    Last edited by doublefister; 06-26-2006 at 11:41 PM.

fossilfuel7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doublefister
    You might want to consider HGH. Should have you healing faster and its good for your joints and bones. I have a separated ac joint in my right shoulder and have been HGH for 2 months now and I am already having more mobilty in my right shoulder. It will still take some time to heal but its better than it was. Doctor said the separation was small so no need for surgery, just needed to take it easy with the weights which I have done.

Try it for 6 months at least and see if you get some results.

Also, I would take it easy with bench and shoulder presses. All you will do is make it worse which is what happened with me. I basically pushed through the pain till my shoulder separated and I dont think you want that happening. Now I have to do high reps with 30lb dumbells when doing bench and same with shoulder presses. Not fun since I was doing 90's in bench and 80lb in shoulder press. But its about safety and preventing injury. Up to you to decide how long you want to continue lifting for.
    Hey df.....Was your shoulder injury something that bothered you for a long time on and off until it finally got so bad you were forced to go to the doctor to see what was wrong??

That is sort of how my tendonitis problems happened in a couple of different areas and I will be starting GH to resolve these nagging tendon problems.

Thread Information