SLUMPBUSTR is offline Associate Member

igf-1 spot injections

ive read that there could be a benifit to spot injecting igf-1 since it binds very quickly. im looking to increase the mass of my intire tricep. does this mean i would need to inject into all three heads or doesnt not matter just as long as im in the tricep? thanks

BigBull13 is offline Associate Member
    I took some last month, I put it in my bicep and saw amazing results. I think that all you have to worry about is getting it in your tricep. Another thing what does the igf-1 look like.

kinda looks like water to me. maybe a lil cloudier. its clear

bigbull...did you go intramuscular into the bicep or just subq on the bicep???

After you work a muscle, there is an increased level of IGF receptors. If you shoot that muscle (IM), you'll have the greatest potential for the IGF-1 you're shooting to bind the desired receptors, if you're looking for site-specific growth. I don't know whether or not you'll see a difference by switching tricep heads, but you can try switching it up.

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    Would this in theory work with hGH then Einstein?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigun
    Would this in theory work with hGH then Einstein?
    Potentially, but I don't see it being worth it with GH. You can shoot it IM, that's not what I mean, but the main effects of GH come from it increasing IGF-1 synthesis in the liver. GH, itself, does bind to GH receptors on muscle to cause an increase in expression of IGF-1 intramuscularly too, but I'd save the injection sites for something better suited to IM. In short, I doubt you'd notice any difference going site-specific with GH, even over a long period. I may be wrong though. Scar tissue-less injection sites are at a premium though, so subQ is my choice when there's an option.

Solrock is offline Member
    I spot injected IGF-1 in tris and delts for entire IGF-1 cycle and had great growth in those areas. I did the IGF-1 cycle about 3 months ago, and am 3 weeks into my AAS cycle, and i will tell you, I am having phenominal growth in my delts and trie... like nothing i have ever had before. Can't wait to add IGF-1 into this cycle!

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I'm using igf-1 now, have only been injecting in the quads and have seen good devolopment in all areas.

JohnnyB

what do you guys think would work better, or does it not really matter. assuming you train at night.
    1) inject in one tricep the morning before you train and then the other that night after you train your triceps.
    or
    2) injecting one tricep that night after you train and then the other the next morning while its still recovering.

so what do yall think. option (1) or (2)

simplecanibus is offline Associate Member
    i would say number 1

Quote Originally Posted by SLUMPBUSTR
    what do you guys think would work better, or does it not really matter. assuming you train at night.
    1) inject in one tricep the morning before you train and then the other that night after you train your triceps.
    or
    2) injecting one tricep that night after you train and then the other the next morning while its still recovering.
    Option 2, if I'm stuck with only those 2 options. 3rd, and my favorite, option would be to not split it into 2 doses, but just shoot the whole dose at one time post workout. There's no real good evidence to show for how long after a workout the IGF receptors are upregulated. The morning after an evening workout seems logical too though.

thanks einstein

Combining slin and IGF-1 in the same pin is fine, since you want to take them both post w/o. It saves an injection. The slin MAY have some site-specific effect, as some people have mentioned getting fat deposits at the injection site after going subQ at the abdominal area over time. The main reason I'd do it is because I'm saving an injection.

If you run slin and igf-1 together start at a low dose, igf-1 can improve insulin sensitivty. I've been thinking of this option myself.

JohnnyB

ok...i swear i wrote this earlier but i guess it just didnt show up or maybe i deleted it. anyways:
    is it ok to take your slin with your igf-1 if your shooting intramuscular. cause i personally have never heard of people using insulin that way

Quote Originally Posted by SLUMPBUSTR
    ok...i swear i wrote this earlier but i guess it just didnt show up or maybe i deleted it. anyways:
    is it ok to take your slin with your igf-1 if your shooting intramuscular. cause i personally have never heard of people using insulin that way
    Slin IM is fine. it's just more commonly done subQ for ease and to save injection sites. however, if you're going IM with your IGF-1 anyway, and you also want to shoot your slin post w/o.....mix them.
    Like JB said, if you haven't run them together, start at a lower dose to get e feel for how you react to the combination.

I surely has site-specific effects from IGF-1...more noticeable in some spots than others. I think others that have used will say the same. I don't think effects will be limited to the injected muscle (although previously there was a paper to suggest this may be the case). I always use a separate pin for each injection....even when shooting IGF-1 bilaterally. In theory, yes, the slin/IGF-1 combo should have site-specific effects, especially if used post workout in the muscles just worked.

mazika is offline Associate Member
    Bigun,, spot injection doesent help with GH bro. Gh doesent have any effect on muscle growth really its after it hits the liver things start happening. So untill it travels to the liver then back out to the muscles there wont be anything happening.

Quote Originally Posted by mazika
    Bigun,, spot injection doesent help with GH bro. Gh doesent have any effect on muscle growth really its after it hits the liver things start happening. So untill it travels to the liver then back out to the muscles there wont be anything happening.
    Actually, there are GH receptors on skeletal muscle. It's thought that GH also binds to these receptors and causes expression of IGF-1 (muscle-specific IGF-1Ea) intramuscularly. That's somewhat debatable though.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Im still leary of the IGF thing, I want to try it so so bad. I think im going to wait for a while once I have a few more cycles and age under me. Cant wait though!
    Thanks for the great info Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    Im still leary of the IGF thing, I want to try it so so bad. I think im going to wait for a while once I have a few more cycles and age under me. Cant wait though!
    Thanks for the great info Einstein
    I have low hgh/igf-1 so I think it works great.

JohnnyB

Thread Information