Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: tennis elbow!

  1. #1
    canuck80 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5

    tennis elbow!

    Had it for 2 months now, and i'm down to working out twice a week, with a week here and there off. I was planning on going hard this fall and now i'm not sure if I should just stop. How long does it take for this to heal? Should I get a cotizone inject?
    I have a brace but it does little. For the last 2 months I only do exercises that don't irritate it which limits me and I ice it as much as possible. I know Deca helps joints what about tendons? Also I read in the GH section that guys tendon injuries were 100% healed from that stuff?

  2. #2
    canuck80 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5
    Also I have already been on Glucosamine/condrotin for almost a year because my knees are not the greatest either.

  3. #3
    thefoxman is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10
    Tennis Elbow licks as**************************!!!
    I had it in my Left and right. It took about 2 months for it to heal. I was at the point where I couldn't even do squats because there was too much pain, or even start my car. What you gotta do is go and see a physiotherapist, he will give u some stretches along with ultra sound. Also take ibuprofen and Ice it for 30 min then heat for 30 min ALL DAY. Stretch it out 2 -3 times a day. GO for a DEEP tissue massage!!! that will help . In the meantime hit your LEGS HARD!!! and lower back, Gms or hypers

  4. #4
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    14,215
    .... if you're doing skullcrushers, you may want to ditch them (for awhile at least)..and maybe try wearing neoprene sleeves for benching until the elbows get better..
    ....I'm sure DocSust can offer additional advice....
    Last edited by almostgone; 10-04-2005 at 01:55 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  5. #5
    Doc.Sust's Avatar
    Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    a van down by the river!
    Posts
    11,248
    Quote Originally Posted by thefoxman
    Tennis Elbow licks as**************************!!!
    I had it in my Left and right. It took about 2 months for it to heal. I was at the point where I couldn't even do squats because there was too much pain, or even start my car. What you gotta do is go and see a physiotherapist, he will give u some stretches along with ultra sound. Also take ibuprofen and Ice it for 30 min then heat for 30 min ALL DAY. Stretch it out 2 -3 times a day. GO for a DEEP tissue massage!!! that will help . In the meantime hit your LEGS HARD!!! and lower back, Gms or hypers
    good adice. look for a chiro that does active release technique. it is painful but it will strip the muscle and let you get back to the weighs very quick.michael johnson olympic sprinter is a big advocate along with all of westside barbell and elite fts.(all top ranked powerlifters) always ice after a workout for twenty minutes(or when achey) and rest. f the cortisone, temporary relief and it will cause more damage tothe ligaments and tendons in the long run!!!! yes GH has great properties, but it is an expensive investment and i am sure it is a long term investment until you can get to the point of full recovery. the pain is there for a reason, it is telling you there is a problem. if all consevative treatment fails go to an orthopedic.

  6. #6
    Doc.Sust's Avatar
    Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    a van down by the river!
    Posts
    11,248
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    .... if you're doing skullcrushers, you may want to ditch them (for awhile at least)..and maybe try wearing neoprene sleeves for benching until the elbows get better..
    ....I'm sure DocSust can offer additional advice....
    VERY GOOD IDEA A.G.!!!! stay away from this movement. it will only cripple your elbows!!!!also i know that brace doesn't do much.but when lifting whereit as much as you can. also check out inzer advance designs. google it and they have a web page. they sell super strong elbow braces made for lifting and they shouldn't be more than $30. the material is super strong, buts all other braces to shame. keep me posted.

  7. #7
    canuck80 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5
    great thanks guys, i will ice the hell out of it and talk to my chiro.

  8. #8
    needmorestrength's Avatar
    needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    7,079
    Usually its a physiotherapist that does the AR (active release).. As Doc said it is painful but it is very succesful in releasing the tenonds from inflammation and letting them return to their normal position! I would suggest time off until it heals. It can lead to more serious damage such. Meanwhile check out http://www.activerelease.com/

  9. #9
    Doc.Sust's Avatar
    Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    a van down by the river!
    Posts
    11,248
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Usually its a physiotherapist that does the AR (active release).. As Doc said it is painful but it is very succesful in releasing the tenonds from inflammation and letting them return to their normal position! I would suggest time off until it heals. It can lead to more serious damage such. Meanwhile check out http://www.activerelease.com/
    in the states there are alot of chiro's like myself doing physio therapy. there are also physical therapist as well. alot of our methods and practices overlap, put her in the US most people need to be reffered to a PT for there insurance to work and not to a chiro. health care here is a bit different. you have a unified health care system for everyone form the poor to the rich,in the US our people aren't as lucky so we have alot of red tape to cut through .
    Last edited by Doc.Sust; 10-07-2005 at 09:16 AM.

  10. #10
    needmorestrength's Avatar
    needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    7,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    in the states there are alot of chiro's like myself doing physio therapy. there are also physical therapist as well. alot of our methods and practices overlap, put her in the US most people need to be reffered to a PT for there insurance to work and not to a chiro. health care here is a bit different. you have a unified health care system for everyone form the poor to the rich,in the US are people aren't as lucky so we have alot of red tape to cut through .
    My bad.. Most chiropracters here just do the simple "release joints technique", cracking of the back.. we are fortunate over here.. either way that site directs those in need to local practitioners of AR

  11. #11
    liftergirl is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    in the states there are alot of chiro's like myself doing physio therapy. there are also physical therapist as well. alot of our methods and practices overlap, put her in the US most people need to be reffered to a PT for there insurance to work and not to a chiro. health care here is a bit different. you have a unified health care system for everyone form the poor to the rich,in the US are people aren't as lucky so we have alot of red tape to cut through .
    Actually, just found out that some of my patient's new insurance plans cover chiro as well....news to me!!!

  12. #12
    Doc.Sust's Avatar
    Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    a van down by the river!
    Posts
    11,248
    Quote Originally Posted by liftergirl
    Actually, just found out that some of my patient's new insurance plans cover chiro as well....news to me!!!
    chiro has been covered by alot of innsurance for years, but with only really great plans and not as many HMO'S.. in the last decade that has changed , and with most average insurance chiro is covered for a certain amount of visits per year.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •