jef
    jef is offline Member

Holy Crap...My Back Hurts/ Doc. Sust you there?

Here's my Questions:
    1. I can barely walk...I'm on week 5 of my cycle @ 500mg/w. I don't think I'll be able to lift for a week maybe two to get this feeling better. Should I stay on at 500mg/w or back it down to 200-300 to save on my gear?

2. If I herniated a disk, would I definitely know and have felt it or is it more likely a strained and inflamed muscle?

How did it happen?
    Last Tuesday did Swole Cat's leg workout and ended with straight legged deads.
    Wednesday did 45 minutes of abs. May have gone to heavy on rope crunches and strained my lower back.
    Thursday did back and had a good set of dead lifts...no back pain though. Notice that day that my back was a little sore before lifting. Thurs afternoon raked my yard.

Took a few days off from lifting this week thinking it would be better. Felt good this morning and went back in and now it hurts even worse!@#$%

Thanks for your help.
    JC

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    you did straight leg deads tuesday, and thursay regula deadlifts. not enough recuperation time if you are not used to it, alot of people in the powerlifting world do deadlift or a deadlift like movement once a wk or every other wk. doubt if it a herniation, just a severe lumbar sprain strain. you have to ice ALOT 20 minutes for every 2 hours your awake. motrin 800mg 3 times a day. even beter go to your primary care DR. and get some heavy duty anit-inflamatories/painkillers. rest no lifting heavy, you have to heal. as far as the cycle goes, not sure, personaly i wouldn't alter it, IMo it would throw your test levels off. ask the boys in the AAS forum there oppinionson that one. also when the pain starts to decrease, seek out a chiro for some adjustment and some deep tissue massage therapy. do you have health insurance?

jef
    jef is offline Member

no insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    you did straight leg deads tuesday, and thursay regula deadlifts. not enough recuperation time if you are not used to it, alot of people in the powerlifting world do deadlift or a deadlift like movement once a wk or every other wk. doubt if it a herniation, just a severe lumbar sprain strain. you have to ice ALOT 20 minutes for every 2 hours your awake. motrin 800mg 3 times a day. even beter go to your primary care DR. and get some heavy duty anit-inflamatories/painkillers. rest no lifting heavy, you have to heal. as far as the cycle goes, not sure, personaly i wouldn't alter it, IMo it would throw your test levels off. ask the boys in the AAS forum there oppinionson that one. also when the pain starts to decrease, seek out a chiro for some adjustment and some deep tissue massage therapy. do you have health insurance?
    I don't have insurance...it couldn't get that expensive could it? Hopefully not over 100-150.00. I set up an appt for tomorrow at 9am but don't want to go if it's not going to help me. They were really nice on the phone and told me to do some exercise ball stretches etc...How long should I not lift for? Is motrin over the counter to where I could add them up to 800mg for 3x day?

motrin is advil, over the counter drug. any drugstore will do, how long should you take off for, another wk at least, it all depends , we all heal differently.takr it light and ease your way back into lifting. keep the appt, it can only help, explain your lackof insurance, if people come to my office without insurance i usually give them a real good deal(alot less than i would charge innsurance companies) to help them out.

matt foley , motivational speaker, glad you got the joke, your the first to ever comment on it.

jef
    jef is offline Member
    What's the best way to ice? With a bag of ice directly on my skin OR in a pillow case or towel?

for me i use just a plastic bag, but i have a high threshold to cold, i wouldn't recomend that to anyone, try the pillow case first, i it is too cold than use towel, trial and error is the best way to find out what works for you

Thread Information