reddragon4954 is offline Member

Tanning w/ bronzers

I go tanning and I use a lotion that has a few bronzers in it. I was wondering how long after you tan do you have to wait until you can take a shower?

I have heard 4 hours, but I dont know?

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reddragon4954
    I go tanning and I use a lotion that has a few bronzers in it. I was wondering how long after you tan do you have to wait until you can take a shower?

I have heard 4 hours, but I dont know?
    The bronzers just help you to see where you slapped the crap on. I always wait a few hours, then put more on.

reddragon4954 is offline Member
    Well the stuff I put on goes on pretty cleanly, and does not look dark.
    I thought the whole point of using bronzers was that it gets you darker faster and helps keep you that way longer, right?
    BUt I have heard that in order to get the longer lasting effects of the bronzer you must wait a few hours before washing the stuff off.

BuffDJ is offline Associate Member
    I have heard a lot of different times but I use a lotion with quad bronzers and wait about 3 or 4 hours before I shower and have a great tan.
    Buff

brooks is offline New Member
    The product your thinking of that takes 4 hours before showering is DHA. DHA is a chemical that reacts with your skin telling it to get darker to protect itself. DHA needs about 4 hours to preform the reaction on the surface of your skin. By showering early you are not allowing the reaction to fully take place. You basically just selling yourself short.

A bronzer speeds up tan. It is more or a pigment dye. Lotions like this should be dark at the results more immediate.

A tingle has a "burning" like sensation. This tingle increases blood flow and circulation within the epidermis. By sending blood to the outer layer of the skin one tans easier and faster. Tingles vary in intensity so you have to find one that you like.

Many lotions have combined some of these for a maximum tan. Tanning really varies by the user so everyone is different. Find what works for you.

torontodude is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brooks View Post
    The product your thinking of that takes 4 hours before showering is DHA. DHA is a chemical that reacts with your skin telling it to get darker to protect itself. DHA needs about 4 hours to preform the reaction on the surface of your skin. By showering early you are not allowing the reaction to fully take place. You basically just selling yourself short.

A bronzer speeds up tan. It is more or a pigment dye. Lotions like this should be dark at the results more immediate.

A tingle has a "burning" like sensation. This tingle increases blood flow and circulation within the epidermis. By sending blood to the outer layer of the skin one tans easier and faster. Tingles vary in intensity so you have to find one that you like.

Many lotions have combined some of these for a maximum tan. Tanning really varies by the user so everyone is different. Find what works for you.

What about going to the gym after and sweating, is it the same thing like showering after?

brooks is offline New Member
    Yes. Sweating has the same effect when using DHA. The shorter your tan session the less you should sweat. Stand up beds usally have the best fans and and air circulation and reduce sweat. Also the new expensive beds have air-conditioning and thus you dont sweat. For comp you should try Pro-tan.

Thread Information