Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte
  • 1 Post By here2grow

Thread: Shoulder cortisone shot

here2grow is offline Junior Member

Question Shoulder cortisone shot

A doctor gave me a cortisone shot about 12hours ago in the subdeltoid bursa and its feeling better already. I asked the doctor who injected me when can I start weight lifting again and he said tomorrow.
    Is this true? Because Ive seen online others say wait 48h, Wait 1 week or some say take 3 weeks off after a cortisone shot.

I haven't lifted weights in 3 weeks because of pain but this cortisone shot is working great already.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ive always been told it's at least 3 weeks. You dont want to do more damage and I think the injection can temporarily weaken the tendons.
    NACH3 likes this.

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    i had a cortisone shot in my hip and my physical therapist said three days before lifting legs. maybe different body parts are different?

bsh
    bsh is offline Associate Member
    I've had em'. And u should be careful... They work well and LB is right u can cause more damage!

Edit: I believe the last time they said a few day

Thanks guys the cortisone works great.

I finally worked out last night and feel great. I didn't push it to the limit and will start heavy lifting next week.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Ive always been told it's at least 3 weeks. You dont want to do more damage and I think the injection can temporarily weaken the tendons.
    It's a very good Way to hurt yourself more - it masks your pain for a couple wks but I've gotten them done and after I hurt myself more - I'll always steal clear - you'll feel better but if you get it - be sure to take it easy and not push too hard b/c you won't feel it happen until it wears off

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    It's a very good Way to hurt yourself more - it masks your pain for a couple wks but I've gotten them done and after I hurt myself more - I'll always steal clear - you'll feel better but if you get it - be sure to take it easy and not push too hard b/c you won't feel it happen until it wears off
    The pain is back lol As soon as I do flat chest press it kills. Not as bad as before but.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    The whole purpose of a cortisone shot is to reduce the pain and inflammation, allowing you to rehab the injured site. If it hurts, slow down. You should be focusing on doing light weight rehab stuff that targets the shoulder, not worrying about your ****ing benchpress.
    infidel007 likes this.

Light weights, Cable exercise and chest press machine its fine. just flat bench is giving me problems

In the mirror I just seen small lumps in my shoulder looks like knots in the muscle. I will go for a massage soon and get a happy ending.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by here2grow View Post
    Light weights, Cable exercise and chest press machine its fine. just flat bench is giving me problems

In the mirror I just seen small lumps in my shoulder looks like knots in the muscle. I will go for a massage soon and get a happy ending.
    Start using DBs it gives you a better fuller ROM! I haveaseriously messed up shoulder and I will not do reg BB bench anymore(smith machine inclines are great) -

And agree w/Bona - don't worry about your bench if your trying to rehab your shoulder...

Start using DBs it gives you a better fuller ROM! I haveaseriously messed up shoulder and I will not do reg BB bench anymore(smith machine inclines are great) -

And agree w/Bona - don't worry about your bench if your trying to rehab your shoulder...
    Thanks man I did some db press and it was great and im enjoying the cables too.

Yeah if it hurts move on lol and leave that flat bench hahah. I wont be using it again.

Yeah its bad because its bothered me my whole life but on xray and ultra sound everything seems fine. I injured my self when I was 4years old and still my shoulder plays up when I lift... its so weird.

I will try some joint relief supps

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Thanks man I did some db press and it was great and im enjoying the cables too.

Yeah if it hurts move on lol and leave that flat bench hahah. I wont be using it again.

Yeah its bad because its bothered me my whole life but on xray and ultra sound everything seems fine. I injured my self when I was 4years old and still my shoulder plays up when I lift... its so weird.

I will try some joint relief supps
    MSM Condroiten, and glucosamine work well(I have a torn labrum/and RC on both shoulders)
    I
    Also, I don't know how comfortable you are with the smith machine(I use the slanted version on the rev side so it's a more natural movement - up & back slightly - & great for incline stuff) and I use a narrower grip not real wide anymore(having strong tris helps lol) but just take it easy you don't want any types of shoulder surgeries... If PT will do then always opt out of surgery! Just my experience...

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    A doctor gave me a cortisone shot about 12hours ago in the subdeltoid bursa and its feeling better already. I asked the doctor who injected me when can I start weight lifting again and he said tomorrow.
    Is this true? Because Ive seen online others say wait 48h, Wait 1 week or some say take 3 weeks off after a cortisone shot.

I haven't lifted weights in 3 weeks because of pain but this cortisone shot is working great already.

I'd wait a week then go back and start out light and slow.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    I'd wait a week then go back and start out light and slow.
    Nah I'm fine and perfect man I added a few new supps to my list but the main one is MSM daily at 2-3g and noticed a difference within a few days no more pain now

MSM Condroiten, and glucosamine work well(I have a torn labrum/and RC on both shoulders)
    I
    Also, I don't know how comfortable you are with the smith machine(I use the slanted version on the rev side so it's a more natural movement - up & back slightly - & great for incline stuff) and I use a narrower grip not real wide anymore(having strong tris helps lol) but just take it easy you don't want any types of shoulder surgeries... If PT will do then always opt out of surgery! Just my experience...
    Haha I'm trying heaps of different stuff and its helping & thanks man I watched Dave Palumbo Seminar Part 5- How to Cure Joint Pain and Discomfort <-- Check it out on youtube great info and it helped me understand sometimes more is better with supps. So I went straight to the chemist and stocked up & added MSM at 3g to my shakes and its working great.

Plus 3g of glucosamine chrondroitin mix a day.

I feel great now.

I was the type that didn't really think it would work... But its a great combo glucos/chrond/msm I highly recommend it too
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Haha I'm trying heaps of different stuff and its helping & thanks man I watched Dave Palumbo Seminar Part 5- How to Cure Joint Pain and Discomfort <-- Check it out on youtube great info and it helped me understand sometimes more is better with supps. So I went straight to the chemist and stocked up & added MSM at 3g to my shakes and its working great.

Plus 3g of glucosamine chrondroitin mix a day.

I feel great now.

I was the type that didn't really think it would work... But its a great combo glucos/chrond/msm I highly recommend it too
    Yeah I did the same... I was thinking the same as you lol but it's the best remedy I've come across yet(besides deep tissue massage/& I'm getting ART(Active Release Therapy done this w/e! I'll check that vid out too, thx! I've also gotten most of my MSM/Controiten/& glucosamine in two ready to go tabs w/basically the same amounts

Shoulder probs are the absolute worst(it's our most freely moving joint in our bodies) once that ROM gets fvked so does many other variables - neck back anything on that side of body(in my experience tightens and just gets worse)

GL and glad it's helping.... How's the Cortisone shot coming along? Tbh I'd forget about BB I just switched over to DBs and it's a much better ROM & imho IG digs deeper into those muscle fibers!
    Last edited by NACH3; 10-14-2015 at 09:19 AM.

MSM is great i have to admit its underrated lol

Yeah I hope it helps you man, let us know how you go.
    I went to the sports clinic they gave me a massage then she put a few needles in me (Acupuncture) But I wished the needles were laced with gear, Some deca would of helped loll

She told me to stretch and do half body push ups before working out, And Learn/Worry more about proper form & not how much weight I can lift hahah So I took the advice in & doing some warm ups before I train.. But sometimes when the pre-workout kicks I forget about everything lol

Ohhh so true its the worst pain to have, it effects nearly everything, Its so weird a few weeks ago I struggled to put my jumper on even going to the toilet was a hassle & trying to sleep was the worst. That's how much pain I was in & Now it seems like I've never had any problems.
    TBH since adding the 3 combo mix gluco/chor/msm at high dose its way better in under a week too. But it could be the cortisone just working its magic.. but time will only tell but sticking to the supps 100%

I will try upload the results later on of my xray and ultra sound written report, I don't really understand it tbh, Way to many long words for me to understand :P Plus the other doctor I seen at the time... She's from the UK and her accent is very hard to understand, So I just look at her and nod my head and took the injection. My male doctor hates me haha If I say I'm in pain he says steroids straight away even if I have a STD he will blame it on my high test cycle haha

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    That's hilarious... I get all weird in front of docs sometimes... Especially thus yr - my GP asks every time I'm in there - are you on testosterone ... I just say 'are ha kidding" I'd be twice my size lolol

And I Defo have docs like that where I just nod my head and say nothing lol

MSM is great i have to admit its underrated lol

Yeah I hope it helps you man, let us know how you go.
    I went to the sports clinic they gave me a massage then she put a few needles in me (Acupuncture) But I wished the needles were laced with gear, Some deca would of helped loll

She told me to stretch and do half body push ups before working out, And Learn/Worry more about proper form & not how much weight I can lift hahah So I took the advice in & doing some warm ups before I train.. But sometimes when the pre-workout kicks I forget about everything lol

Ohhh so true its the worst pain to have, it effects nearly everything, Its so weird a few weeks ago I struggled to put my jumper on even going to the toilet was a hassle & trying to sleep was the worst. That's how much pain I was in & Now it seems like I've never had any problems.
    TBH since adding the 3 combo mix gluco/chor/msm at high dose its way better in under a week too. But it could be the cortisone just working its magic.. but time will only tell but sticking to the supps 100%

I will try upload the results later on of my xray and ultra sound written report, I don't really understand it tbh, Way to many long words for me to understand :P Plus the other doctor I seen at the time... She's from the UK and her accent is very hard to understand, So I just look at her and nod my head and took the injection. My male doctor hates me haha If I say I'm in pain he says steroids straight away even if I have a STD he will blame it on my high test cycle haha

Thread Information