Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Beefkake31's Avatar
    Beefkake31 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    978

    PCT (MODS, VETS, & EXPERIENCED ONLY)

    Ok guys I really need a definite answer, I've gotten too many different responses and sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section (if it really hassss to be removed then by all means do so, but I would appreciate it in here since I don't think anyone really looks at the other sections of the forum)

    Ok my cycle is going to be ....

    (1st cycle ever.....did dbol for 2-3 weeks once at about 25 mg a day)

    Week 1-10 (or 12) -- Testosterone Enthanate (500 MG a week)
    Week 1-4 ---------- Dianabol (30 MG a day)

    Simple right? ...but what is sooo confusing to me still is this d.amn pct and the anti e's during cycle also.

    Now........

    1. There is Arimidex and Femara. Femara is supposed to be more effective but someone on this forum told me it takes 60 days to reach a steady state in the blood levels (now is this true and can anyone confirm this?). So which one would probably be a better choice? Also, would it even be a choice for my cycle? Maybe for when I see symptoms only? Would I have to use it during cycle and/or after? And last but not least at what dosage? .... That is my Arimidex/femara issue

    2. Nolvadex ...I will be running that ed at 10 mg (if 20 is better, please tell me now?) and will be using it all the way until my PCT is over with?. Should I bump my dosage for PCT? And is there anything else that I need to do with the Nolva or change up?


    3. Clomid .... For my cycle above, during pct should I run the clomid for 3 weeks or 4 weeks? Do you think I should even use it since people go through so much hell while on it? Are there any alternatives if I don't?

    4. HCG .... Do you guys think I should use HCG for my cycle above? and if so at what times during my cycle and at what dosage? Please explain how I should do it the whole way through if I do need it.

    Remember, I want the fastest recover of my testosterone production and getting back to normal and minimal loss in gains. So tell me if I am going to need HCG for my cycle and these 4 things I mentioned above I need to be fully informed of and know when to take/combine/exclude/etc.

    If you will notice I highlighted the question marks so you will notice I need each and everyone of these questions answered specifically ....each one. Too many times I have gotten a plain response or a broad view that is why I am asking again because they have never truly been answered. It is highlighted so a mod or vet (or someone very experienced even) can look at each one and write the answer for it. I'm sorry if I am asking for too much here guys but I would sincerely appreciate it and it's better safe than sorry and I am tired of the same general and broad responses that had nothing to do with my question and that's why I thought I would ask the mods and vets only (along with anyone extremely experienced). And yes I have read Pheedno's PCT thread and also Swoles argument against some of the things. I just need the highlighted question marks answered for my specific cycle. I know it might take like 10 minutes to write the answers to my questions but Again thanks a lot guys and any responses to this thread will really be appreciated and is very important to me.

  2. #2
    p0werlift is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkake31
    Ok guys I really need a definite answer, I've gotten too many different responses and sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section (if it really hassss to be removed then by all means do so, but I would appreciate it in here since I don't think anyone really looks at the other sections of the forum)

    Ok my cycle is going to be ....

    (1st cycle ever.....did dbol for 2-3 weeks once at about 25 mg a day)

    Week 1-10 (or 12) -- Testosterone Enthanate (500 MG a week)
    Week 1-4 ---------- Dianabol (30 MG a day)

    Simple right? ...but what is sooo confusing to me still is this d.amn pct and the anti e's during cycle also.

    Now........

    1. There is Arimidex and Femara. Femara is supposed to be more effective but someone on this forum told me it takes 60 days to reach a steady state in the blood levels (now is this true and can anyone confirm this?). So which one would probably be a better choice? Also, would it even be a choice for my cycle? Maybe for when I see symptoms only? Would I have to use it during cycle and/or after? And last but not least at what dosage? .... That is my Arimidex/femara issue

    2. Nolvadex ...I will be running that ed at 10 mg (if 20 is better, please tell me now?) and will be using it all the way until my PCT is over with?. Should I bump my dosage for PCT? And is there anything else that I need to do with the Nolva or change up?


    3. Clomid .... For my cycle above, during pct should I run the clomid for 3 weeks or 4 weeks? Do you think I should even use it since people go through so much hell while on it? Are there any alternatives if I don't?

    4. HCG .... Do you guys think I should use HCG for my cycle above? and if so at what times during my cycle and at what dosage? Please explain how I should do it the whole way through if I do need it.

    Remember, I want the fastest recover of my testosterone production and getting back to normal and minimal loss in gains. So tell me if I am going to need HCG for my cycle and these 4 things I mentioned above I need to be fully informed of and know when to take/combine/exclude/etc.

    If you will notice I highlighted the question marks so you will notice I need each and everyone of these questions answered specifically ....each one. Too many times I have gotten a plain response or a broad view that is why I am asking again because they have never truly been answered. It is highlighted so a mod or vet (or someone very experienced even) can look at each one and write the answer for it. I'm sorry if I am asking for too much here guys but I would sincerely appreciate it and it's better safe than sorry and I am tired of the same general and broad responses that had nothing to do with my question and that's why I thought I would ask the mods and vets only (along with anyone extremely experienced). And yes I have read Pheedno's PCT thread and also Swoles argument against some of the things. I just need the highlighted question marks answered for my specific cycle. I know it might take like 10 minutes to write the answers to my questions but Again thanks a lot guys and any responses to this thread will really be appreciated and is very important to me.



    ****, lots and lots of anti-e's im looking at for your cycle. it sounds like youve done pretty good research, and the cycle above is a pretty good first cycle.

    run the cycle for 12 weeks, not 10, Test E doesnt kick in till around mid week 4, so if you ran it for 10 weeks, that would only leave you with 5 1/2 weeks of GOOD strength/weight gain.

    Why are Pct's and anti-e's confusing to you? the problem im seeing is, your over exagerating the use of these substances in your cycle. adex/femara isnt needed for this cycle if your already running nolva with it at 10 mg. nolva does alot of things, other than control estrogen levels, such as improving HDL/LDL levels while on cycle.

    ALWAYS run PCT after cycle is finished. if you dont, you will no doubt lose all the weight you gained and strength while on cycle, and you mostl likely will fall into a deep depression the following weeks after your cycle is done, causing you to neglect diet and training even more. coming from experience, running no pct after a cycle is the stupidest thing ive ever done, and i will never travel down that road again.

  3. #3
    wolfyEVH's Avatar
    wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,450
    all you need is nolvadex (only run when you feel symptoms of gyno) If so, then run it at 40mg/day for a few days then go down to 20mg a day for the rest of the cycle

    do the basic PCT of clomid and nolva(read pheedno's PCT stickies in the PCT forum)

    no need for the rest of the stuff

  4. #4
    thunder20's Avatar
    thunder20 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    265
    if you're worried about bloat and hair loss then try finastride and letro from ARR otherwise nolva and clomid is all you need

  5. #5
    Dude-Man's Avatar
    Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Nowhere, USA
    Posts
    5,978
    1. use a low dose of femara.
    2. 10 throughout the cycle, bump to 20 for pct.
    3. 3 weeks of clomid should be enough.
    4. you won't need HCG .

    pm me if you have any more questions.


    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkake31
    Ok guys I really need a definite answer, I've gotten too many different responses and sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section (if it really hassss to be removed then by all means do so, but I would appreciate it in here since I don't think anyone really looks at the other sections of the forum)

    Ok my cycle is going to be ....

    (1st cycle ever.....did dbol for 2-3 weeks once at about 25 mg a day)

    Week 1-10 (or 12) -- Testosterone Enthanate (500 MG a week)
    Week 1-4 ---------- Dianabol (30 MG a day)

    Simple right? ...but what is sooo confusing to me still is this d.amn pct and the anti e's during cycle also.

    Now........

    1. There is Arimidex and Femara. Femara is supposed to be more effective but someone on this forum told me it takes 60 days to reach a steady state in the blood levels (now is this true and can anyone confirm this?). So which one would probably be a better choice? Also, would it even be a choice for my cycle? Maybe for when I see symptoms only? Would I have to use it during cycle and/or after? And last but not least at what dosage? .... That is my Arimidex/femara issue

    2. Nolvadex ...I will be running that ed at 10 mg (if 20 is better, please tell me now?) and will be using it all the way until my PCT is over with?. Should I bump my dosage for PCT? And is there anything else that I need to do with the Nolva or change up?


    3. Clomid .... For my cycle above, during pct should I run the clomid for 3 weeks or 4 weeks? Do you think I should even use it since people go through so much hell while on it? Are there any alternatives if I don't?

    4. HCG .... Do you guys think I should use HCG for my cycle above? and if so at what times during my cycle and at what dosage? Please explain how I should do it the whole way through if I do need it.

    Remember, I want the fastest recover of my testosterone production and getting back to normal and minimal loss in gains. So tell me if I am going to need HCG for my cycle and these 4 things I mentioned above I need to be fully informed of and know when to take/combine/exclude/etc.

    If you will notice I highlighted the question marks so you will notice I need each and everyone of these questions answered specifically ....each one. Too many times I have gotten a plain response or a broad view that is why I am asking again because they have never truly been answered. It is highlighted so a mod or vet (or someone very experienced even) can look at each one and write the answer for it. I'm sorry if I am asking for too much here guys but I would sincerely appreciate it and it's better safe than sorry and I am tired of the same general and broad responses that had nothing to do with my question and that's why I thought I would ask the mods and vets only (along with anyone extremely experienced). And yes I have read Pheedno's PCT thread and also Swoles argument against some of the things. I just need the highlighted question marks answered for my specific cycle. I know it might take like 10 minutes to write the answers to my questions but Again thanks a lot guys and any responses to this thread will really be appreciated and is very important to me.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    2,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Man
    1. use a low dose of femara.
    2. 10 throughout the cycle, bump to 20 for pct.
    3. 3 weeks of clomid should be enough.
    4. you won't need HCG .

    pm me if you have any more questions.
    I agree with 1 and 3.

    I'd use the Nolv at 2omgs/week for the length of PCT, and I'd include HCG at 500iu/day for 2-3 weeks.

  7. #7
    Dude-Man's Avatar
    Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Nowhere, USA
    Posts
    5,978
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    I agree with 1 and 3.

    I'd use the Nolv at 2omgs/week for the length of PCT, and I'd include HCG at 500iu/day for 2-3 weeks.
    I'm under the impression that HCG is really only needed in longer cycles or with more suppressive compounds? Don't you think he should run some nolva throughout the cycle to help his cholesterol levels?

  8. #8
    dirtdawg's Avatar
    dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Man
    I'm under the impression that HCG is really only needed in longer cycles or with more suppressive compounds? Don't you think he should run some nolva throughout the cycle to help his cholesterol levels?
    thats my understanding as well

    Nolvadex is a must but not only this make sure you have an aromatase inhibitor in use as well. Nolvadex is an used for its antagonist properties. What will happen is that the nolva will block the increase of estrogen from binding to the er but once nolvadex is stopped then the excess estrogen will strike vengeance upon thee. This is the purpose of using an aromatase inhibitor is to prevent this problem.

    "I am not convinced that even arimidex or like can help prevent the production of estradiol, or its side effects, caused by hCG use. This is because the estrogen production happens within the balls rather than in peripheral tissue" (Doc Mark)

    In most cases it is not needed for the average newbie cycle and I personally can only think of its use dedicated to trenbolone and nandrolone .

    If you are sensitive to gyno or acne. Stay away.

  9. #9
    Dude-Man's Avatar
    Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Nowhere, USA
    Posts
    5,978
    he's running femara as his AI.


    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdawg
    thats my understanding as well

    Nolvadex is a must but not only this make sure you have an aromatase inhibitor in use as well. Nolvadex is an used for its antagonist properties. What will happen is that the nolva will block the increase of estrogen from binding to the er but once nolvadex is stopped then the excess estrogen will strike vengeance upon thee. This is the purpose of using an aromatase inhibitor is to prevent this problem.

    "I am not convinced that even arimidex or like can help prevent the production of estradiol, or its side effects, caused by hCG use. This is because the estrogen production happens within the balls rather than in peripheral tissue" (Doc Mark)

    In most cases it is not needed for the average newbie cycle and I personally can only think of its use dedicated to trenbolone and nandrolone .

    If you are sensitive to gyno or acne. Stay away.

  10. #10
    dirtdawg's Avatar
    dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Man
    he's running femara as his AI.
    i posted it because i dont think hcg isnt needed for short cycles

  11. #11
    Beefkake31's Avatar
    Beefkake31 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    978
    Good info so far guys, this is why I felt I needed to go into great detail of questions because as you can see even the more experienced and educated members find differences to which is right and wrong to do.

    I've been told HCG is good even if the cycle is 10 weeks long to be used every 4 days at 500 i.u. to keep the testes full and ready for pct for faster recovery, do you guys agree? I mean if i do this , will it hurt me in anyway?

    I made up my mind im going to go with 10 mg of nolvadex during cycle and 20 mg pct.

    I still didn't get an answer to the 60 day thing for the femara but I'm guessing I should just run Femara instead of arimidex during cycle. Now if I run the femara during cycle, what dosage is good?

    And from my understanding from you guys is that I should just use the clomid for 3 weeks then instead of 4. I was thinking maybe I could have just upped the nolva and dropped the clomid since they are almost the same thing since I've heard so much bad about clomid mentally.

    Anyways, I'm almost certain of everything now even though I would like some more responses from mods,vets, and experienced bro's still. As I am still a little confused on the HCG , if it won't hurt, I think I will give it a go during cycle every 4 days.

    So what do you guys think.

  12. #12
    Beefkake31's Avatar
    Beefkake31 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    978
    And I would also like some feedback on peoples experiences on a dbol and test cycle recovery wise after the cycle. How harsh was it?

  13. #13
    TheMudMan's Avatar
    TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Man
    I'm under the impression that HCG is really only needed in longer cycles or with more suppressive compounds? Don't you think he should run some nolva throughout the cycle to help his cholesterol levels?
    It is only needed in longer or harder cycles too much use of HCG could have him desensitize his testes to LH........... a cycle like this I would use 4g of tribulus throughout so it will help keep LH and FSH levels up.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    2,393
    What about HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin )? For starters, it increases (stimulates) endogenous (natural) testosterone production by mimicing LH, and which stimulates the Leydigs cells to produce Testosterone. It's ideal for post-cycle, when you want to raise testosterone levels by as many mechanisms as possible, and while you are also taking other drugs to fight estrogen. I've found personally that 500IU every other day or even every day, post-cycle works best for me. Incidentally, this is the PDR (and Dan Duchaine's) reccomendation. In one study I looked at, 6000IU of HCG elevated test levels for 6 days. That's why a lot of people recommend taking it every 3-5 days. I'd have more stable blood levels, though if I shot it more frequently .remember, it's non-estrified and a water-based injectable, after all. In that same study I read, 1500IU of HCG shot test levels up between 250 and 300%. Again, though, I'd be more comfortable with the more stable and slow increase. Also, keep in mind that HCG suppresses FSH and LH production and has been anecdotally linked to gyno. Thus, it (in combination with Nolvadex ) is ideal for post-cycle recovery.when gyno is not as much of an issue (due to the nolvadex and the cessation of other compounds), but restoring natural test levels is.



    (Taken from my Ancilliaries profile on BB4L)

    For the Full Article, click here.

  15. #15
    Beefkake31's Avatar
    Beefkake31 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    978
    Ok so one more time for all the guys that have helped.

    Week 1-5 Dianabol 35 mg/a day
    Week 1-12 Testosterone Enthanate 500 mg/week
    Week 1-17 Nolvadex 10mg/a day (20mg week 14-17)
    Week 14-17 Clomid 300/150/100
    Week -1-14 Arimidex .25 mg (continue weeks 14-17?)
    Week 1-17 4g's of Tribulus a day
    Week __ - __ HCG If I get atrophy, would it be a good time then to take the HCG?

    And I continue the Arimidex weeks 14-17 for pct at .25 mg also, correct?

    If you guys think there should be changes please tell me now or else I think this will be it.
    Last edited by Beefkake31; 02-21-2005 at 09:33 AM.

  16. #16
    Hed
    Hed is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,381
    I still think hes lookin at too much PCT stuff. Dude, you are running a simple cycle, dont overexagerate the PCT stuff you need. A simple clomid/nolvadex PCT setup will work fine.

  17. #17
    Beefkake31's Avatar
    Beefkake31 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    978
    Quote Originally Posted by Hed
    I still think hes lookin at too much PCT stuff. Dude, you are running a simple cycle, dont overexagerate the PCT stuff you need. A simple clomid/nolvadex PCT setup will work fine.
    All I know is if it won't affect me in a negative way or hinder my goals then why not do this? Better safe than sorry and better to have a speedier recovery. Too many times I have heard people not recovering well and having problems. I think the problem is that people don't look into PCT as much as they need to be doing. the roids itself is the easy part. If I can do all of this and have a better recovery then the clear answer would be to do it. Ya I'm not doing an insane cycle, it is pretty simple but it will still shut me down hard so it doesn't matter.

  18. #18
    Beefkake31's Avatar
    Beefkake31 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    978
    Plus, I don't want to have too much water retention or high blood pressure also.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    2,393
    Femara (AKA Letrozole ), is more effective than Arimidex in it's ability to pass thru the cell membrane of lipid (fat) cells and inhibit the activity of aromatase -- Arimidex is just over 80% effective at inhibiting aromatase, Femara is around 95-97% Levels of estrogen are totally undetectable in any patients taking Letrozole, and it has even been used to increase testosterone to normal levels (from sub-normal ones) and increase LH, FSH and SHBG (Epilepsy Behav. 2004 Apr;5(2):260-3). Other than that, both of these drugs stop the process of aromatization, rather than just blocking (competing for, if you prefer) the receptors as Clomid and Nolvadex do. An effective dose of Letrozole is .25-2.5 mg/day (I use .25mg/day), but be forewarned, it can kill your sex drive, and could decrease IGF levels. On the other hand, I've seen studies where it increases IGF levels. Also worth noting is that there's a rebound effect when you come off Letrozol. What can I say? Letrozole's effects on serum lipids (cholesterol, both HDL and LDL) are, in the words of one researcher: "inconsistent. "And compared with Aromasin and Arimidex, In non-cellular systems, letrozole is 2-5 times more potent than anastrozole and exemestane in its inhibition of the aromatase enzyme and activity, and in cellular systems it is 10-20x more potent! Letrozole (2.5mg daily) also achieved a much greater suppression of the plasma concentrations of both estrone and estrone sulphate (estrogens) than anastrozole (1mg daily) and a greater inhibition of in vivo aromatization also (sorry for the geek-speak.it's over for now.). ( J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2003 Oct;87(1):35-45.) Exemestane can also cause androgenic sides (Clin Cancer Res. 2003 Jan;9(1 Pt 2):468S-72S.)(1. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2000 Jul;85(7):2370-7 2. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 1997 Nov-Dec;63(4-6):261-7). I've used Letrozole, and it cleared up my minor gyno lumps, to the point that they are totally gone now.

    How about Aromasin? Well, its totally different than everything else we've looked at so far. Aromasin (exemestane) it is a aromatase inactivator (AI)...It actually makes estrogen receptors useless. Instead of just inhibiting production (as an anti-aromatase would do) it cuts off production totally. Aromasin can effectively prevent about 90-95% of estrogen conversion. Oddly, this compound can actually increase IGF levels (Anticancer Res. 2003 Jul-Aug;23(4):3485-91).Worth noting is that Aromasin may possibly be less harsh on blood lipids (having no effect: J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003 Dec;88(12):5951-6. ) than some of the other compounds mentioned here (with the exception of Nolvadex which may actually improve HDL & LDL in some cases: Br J Cancer. 2004 Aug 2;91(3):476-81.). Though it has also been shown to have an undesirable effect on blood lipids in some cases.

    Lets talk about Arimadex (Anastrozole), now. From the research I've done, this seems to be one of the best ancillaries around and I'll tell you why. First off, 'dex is an aromatase inhibitor (AI.remember what that is?). 1mg per day of this stuff (J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2000 Jul;85(7):2370-7, "Estrogen Suppression in Males") was shown to decrease estrogen by 50% and increase testosterone levels by 58%. LH and FSH also went up slightly. The test increase didn't happen at a dose of .5 per day, but estrogen suppression was the same. Anastrozole also raises IGF1 and shows a trend towards increasing IGF2 (J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2002 Apr;80(4-5):411-8) BTW, literature provided by the original maker of Arimadex states that stable blood plasma concentrations of the compound are achieved after 7 consecutive 1mg daily doses. All of that plus the usual blood lipid changes we've seen with most of the anciliaries we've looked at! Anyway, that's a pretty hefty decrease in estrogen, even at .5mg/day.

    For my money, if I wanna stop aromatization during a cycle, I'm gonna use Arimadex at .5mgs per day or Letrozole at 1mg/day. They are perfect during-cycle ancillaries. Unfortunately, you need to take Anastrozole for a week to get a steady level of it in your blood (same thing goes for Exemestane), wheras you need to take Letrozole for 60 days to get a steady blood plasma level. Though Anastrozole has a ½ life of 41-48 hours, and exemestane has a ½ life of 27 hours, Letrozole has a whopping 2-4 day (!) ½ life (Clin Cancer Res. 2003 Jan;9(1 Pt 2):468S-72S.).

  20. #20
    Beefkake31's Avatar
    Beefkake31 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    978
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    Femara (AKA Letrozole ), is more effective than Arimidex in it's ability to pass thru the cell membrane of lipid (fat) cells and inhibit the activity of aromatase -- Arimidex is just over 80% effective at inhibiting aromatase, Femara is around 95-97% Levels of estrogen are totally undetectable in any patients taking Letrozole, and it has even been used to increase testosterone to normal levels (from sub-normal ones) and increase LH, FSH and SHBG (Epilepsy Behav. 2004 Apr;5(2):260-3). Other than that, both of these drugs stop the process of aromatization, rather than just blocking (competing for, if you prefer) the receptors as Clomid and Nolvadex do. An effective dose of Letrozole is .25-2.5 mg/day (I use .25mg/day), but be forewarned, it can kill your sex drive, and could decrease IGF levels. On the other hand, I've seen studies where it increases IGF levels. Also worth noting is that there's a rebound effect when you come off Letrozol. What can I say? Letrozole's effects on serum lipids (cholesterol, both HDL and LDL) are, in the words of one researcher: "inconsistent. "And compared with Aromasin and Arimidex, In non-cellular systems, letrozole is 2-5 times more potent than anastrozole and exemestane in its inhibition of the aromatase enzyme and activity, and in cellular systems it is 10-20x more potent! Letrozole (2.5mg daily) also achieved a much greater suppression of the plasma concentrations of both estrone and estrone sulphate (estrogens) than anastrozole (1mg daily) and a greater inhibition of in vivo aromatization also (sorry for the geek-speak.it's over for now.). ( J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2003 Oct;87(1):35-45.) Exemestane can also cause androgenic sides (Clin Cancer Res. 2003 Jan;9(1 Pt 2):468S-72S.)(1. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2000 Jul;85(7):2370-7 2. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 1997 Nov-Dec;63(4-6):261-7). I've used Letrozole, and it cleared up my minor gyno lumps, to the point that they are totally gone now.

    How about Aromasin? Well, its totally different than everything else we've looked at so far. Aromasin (exemestane) it is a aromatase inactivator (AI)...It actually makes estrogen receptors useless. Instead of just inhibiting production (as an anti-aromatase would do) it cuts off production totally. Aromasin can effectively prevent about 90-95% of estrogen conversion. Oddly, this compound can actually increase IGF levels (Anticancer Res. 2003 Jul-Aug;23(4):3485-91).Worth noting is that Aromasin may possibly be less harsh on blood lipids (having no effect: J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003 Dec;88(12):5951-6. ) than some of the other compounds mentioned here (with the exception of Nolvadex which may actually improve HDL & LDL in some cases: Br J Cancer. 2004 Aug 2;91(3):476-81.). Though it has also been shown to have an undesirable effect on blood lipids in some cases.

    Lets talk about Arimadex (Anastrozole), now. From the research I've done, this seems to be one of the best ancillaries around and I'll tell you why. First off, 'dex is an aromatase inhibitor (AI.remember what that is?). 1mg per day of this stuff (J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2000 Jul;85(7):2370-7, "Estrogen Suppression in Males") was shown to decrease estrogen by 50% and increase testosterone levels by 58%. LH and FSH also went up slightly. The test increase didn't happen at a dose of .5 per day, but estrogen suppression was the same. Anastrozole also raises IGF1 and shows a trend towards increasing IGF2 (J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2002 Apr;80(4-5):411-8) BTW, literature provided by the original maker of Arimadex states that stable blood plasma concentrations of the compound are achieved after 7 consecutive 1mg daily doses. All of that plus the usual blood lipid changes we've seen with most of the anciliaries we've looked at! Anyway, that's a pretty hefty decrease in estrogen, even at .5mg/day.

    For my money, if I wanna stop aromatization during a cycle, I'm gonna use Arimadex at .5mgs per day or Letrozole at 1mg/day. They are perfect during-cycle ancillaries. Unfortunately, you need to take Anastrozole for a week to get a steady level of it in your blood (same thing goes for Exemestane), wheras you need to take Letrozole for 60 days to get a steady blood plasma level. Though Anastrozole has a ½ life of 41-48 hours, and exemestane has a ½ life of 27 hours, Letrozole has a whopping 2-4 day (!) ½ life (Clin Cancer Res. 2003 Jan;9(1 Pt 2):468S-72S.).
    Ok hooker I think I will go with the Arimidex then instead of Femara. Will .25 be enough instead of .5 with my 35 mg of dbol and 500 mg of test? And you are saying just take Arimidex one week prior to my cycle starting, correct?

  21. #21
    Beefkake31's Avatar
    Beefkake31 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    978
    Ok so one more time for all the guys that have helped.

    Week 1-5 Dianabol 35 mg/a day
    Week 1-12 Testosterone Enthanate 500 mg/week
    Week 1-17 Nolvadex 10mg/a day (20mg week 14-17)
    Week 14-17 Clomid 300/150/100
    Week -1-14 Arimidex .25 mg (continue weeks 14-17?)
    Week 1-17 4g's of Tribulus a day
    Week __ - __ HCG If I get atrophy, would it be a good time then to take the HCG?

    And I continue the Arimidex weeks 14-17 for pct at .25 mg also, correct?

    If you guys think there should be changes please tell me now or else I think this will be it.

  22. #22
    Beefkake31's Avatar
    Beefkake31 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    978
    BUMP.... does the post above look good? ^

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •