numero uno is offline New Member

Question accutane question

ive been trying diferent creams for the last 4 months and my back acne still there, im thinking start with accutane but dno if go to afect my cicle ,how much to take and for how long, my dortor said its no for my, then ill buy it on the net.any information welcome, thanks

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    try nizoral shampoo I took hookers advice and it's better than the cremes my doc prescribed or tell the doc you would like an antibiotic they work well also.

numero uno is offline New Member
    thanks 4 d advice, but what about accutane? people is talking wonders about it

Impitious is offline Junior Member
    Get some Benzoyl Peroxide [sp?] for your back.

You put it on and leave it for 5 minutes and then rinse it off. It worked absolute miracles on my back and shoulders.

Try not to jump into taking something like proactive or acutane. They have some pretty serious side effects and they make your acne flare up pretty bad from what I've heard for a few months before it starts to get better.

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    Bro...some people are gonna tell u to wait and try everything first..well let me tell you

I listened..and i wish i hadnt

I tried everything under the sun, tetracyline, minocycline, vebramycine, stevomycine, benzamycine just to name a few, and not to mention all the OTC creams and bullshit.

NOTHING WORKED!

I went to accutane, been on it for 4 months and its working wonders..

Id suggest getitng on accutane but its a drug thats pretty harsh on you.

I wouldnt use it if your cycling, especially while running orals.

But its pretty much an acne cure...

You didn't flare up really bad when you started taking it?

Because right now, I get a few scattered random pimples and red marks but nothing that I can't take care of.

I'm worried that if I start taking it that I'm going to flare up really bad. =\
    My biggest fear is to go back to where my face looked like someone rubbed me in sugar and put me in an ant colony...

400mtrackstar is offline Junior Member
    When I was on it my skin and lips dried out like crazy like most people. Take at least 5000iu vit e a day. Yes I said that right 5000iu and it will help out alot with the lips and skin.

I'm on week 10-11 of accutane right now and this $HIT WORKS....

I'm almost completely clear and everyone else on this board that has taken it has said the same thing. If your doc says he won't prescribe it then he can go sit on a weewee and just look for another doc that will. Tell the new doc that you've tried everything, all the creams, doxycycline, tetracycline and every other drug and nothing worked. If he doesn't prescribe it then he can go sit on two weewee's and just go to another doc till you get it. Good luck.

Did you flare up before it started getting better?

jsimon is offline Associate Member
    I was on accutane it worked well. I get a few small ones here and there but besides that im acne freeee

bolin is offline Associate Member
    I had an acne problem on my chest and my doc gave me dalacin c. I 've been on it for 4 months now and its getting better..... but the spots that went healed left like purple marks on my chest.... I even have two small 'holes' from them..... If I take accutane will these go?? my doc told me that if the acne remained he would give me accutane?

Thread Information