transform is offline Associate Member

How often should you use tanning beds

Im thinking of using tanning beds at my gym next year. I tan fairly easily so i was thinkin of usin it every 4 days or so. Is that too often and how long should you use them for before taking a break (ie. 5 or 6 weeks?). Thanks

Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member
    You can go everyday if you want, its just bad for you. I go 2-4 times every two weeks. Its up to you how dark you want to be. Good Luck bro

thanks man

moranitotongano is offline Associate Member
    Theres other heathier options. Have you tried the sunless tan cream? Tanning beds will make you look like a shriveled up raisen.

Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member
    http://forums.steroid.com/phpads/adc...esearch.com%2F

Haven't used this stuff yet, so i am not sure about it, but Melanotan II Might work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by moranitotongano
    Theres other heathier options. Have you tried the sunless tan cream? Tanning beds will make you look like a shriveled up raisen.
    Nah, id prefer the option that could damage my health instead because it seems tough or something j/k

Iv got sallow skin though (meaning i tan very easily and dont get burned), so i wouldnt need to use them that much.

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    I use the standup 2 or three times a week. I can't stand laying in that bed in a puddle of sweat and your not sure that they even clean that $hit well enough. Plus it burns my ass. I'm not looking to be one of those shriveled up old leatherface men that think they look good with a nice orange "Oompa Loompa" tint to their skin.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Erased out of respect
    Last edited by goodcents; 07-01-2006 at 12:31 PM.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    I go on 3 times a week for 12 mintues a go. The beds are fitted with 200w bulbs.

If your just starting out i would begin with about 4-6 mintues and take it from there, slowly increase it when your not seeing the same results.

I don't take breaks, i probably should, but i don't.

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    Use it every 2nd day at most. Your skin continues to tan for 48 hours so going every 24 hours is just stopping the tanning process and starting it over again.

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    It's best to come every 2-3 days, this is perfectly healthy if not overdone and will give outstanding color
    perfectly healthy? who the hell do you think you are saying that? there is a risk of exposing yourself to any kind of sun...im not saying dont get a good tan and whatever else you have to do but dont tell someone that its perfectly healthy...

i have relatives that have died from melanoma (skin cancer) and they had a perfect "healthy" tan without even over doing it...no flame...actually yeah its a flame because you are an idiot

im not farmiliar with your posts but i have lost all respect for you

I go every ten days. I prefer to keep my skin looking healthy and have a little bit of a base. I'll leave the real tanning to the sun.

ShnouzedUp is offline Banned
    10 min, every other day works best for me i love it! relaxin stuff

Last edited by goodcents; 07-01-2006 at 12:33 PM.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    I used to tan once a week or twice a week and i felt better.. now i am perfectly happy using the lotions with tints in them

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    Wow, I was bored and went through some old post and see this. Kind of harsh to call someone an idiot It's kind of like saying if a guy dies of a heart attack and he was taking steriods that it must be what killed him We are exposed to the sun all the time, why do you blame a tanning bed for it?I hear this "urban legend" crap all the time! I never said that you can't get cancer from tanning beds, I'm sure you could if over done.
    Please show maturity in the future when addressing someone (hell it's the internet don't look for stuff to piss you off, I'm sure you have enough local stuff to go off about )
    p.s. I still stand behind what I said, it just got blew out of proportion to what I meant.
    its proven that it causes cancer...dont call it perfectly healthy when its just not...people are going to do stuff regardless but dont call it healthy

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anabolios
    its proven that it causes cancer...dont call it perfectly healthy when its just not...people are going to do stuff regardless but dont call it healthy
    For some people who have preexisting skin conditions.. psorisis, exema etc.. it actually helps out..

I know cancer.. but it helps these conditions.. i know a few people that if they didn't tan - they wouldn't leave their houses

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolios

Nothing is "perfectly" healthy I guess, but like mizfit said, it does help some people with "SAD" disorder and with some skin proplems(acne etc.)
    On a different matter, I do think the avatar you have is cool I will leave you to your opinion, it's like alot of things, we just don't see eye to eye on this (respecting your opinion )

Deleted the negative statements I said, just was fired up (seeing things through others eyes, makes you "see" better )
    Last edited by goodcents; 07-01-2006 at 12:37 PM.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I go twice per week for 12 mins. I alternate between stand-up and bed. I feel it works best this way and had my tanning guy tell me this as well.

Anyways, just wanted to add a comment for all those people saying you get leather face and get all wrinkly etc. Well I have read MORE than one article about this and actualy talked to some people about this. Tanning in MALES does not cause the skin to age or give an older appearance (wrinkles etc). I cannot tell you why but several studies have been done to prove this. They say it ages women about 2-3 years on average but it ages men on average ZERO years. And when I see the pro bodybuilders etc who tan heavily I believe it to be even more proof, compare their faces to the bodybuilding/fitness/figure women who also tan and the men never have the wrinkles/aged looking skin that the women do.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    I go twice per week for 12 mins. I alternate between stand-up and bed. I feel it works best this way and had my tanning guy tell me this as well.

Anyways, just wanted to add a comment for all those people saying you get leather face and get all wrinkly etc. Well I have read MORE than one article about this and actualy talked to some people about this. Tanning in MALES does not cause the skin to age or give an older appearance (wrinkles etc). I cannot tell you why but several studies have been done to prove this. They say it ages women about 2-3 years on average but it ages men on average ZERO years. And when I see the pro bodybuilders etc who tan heavily I believe it to be even more proof, compare their faces to the bodybuilding/fitness/figure women who also tan and the men never have the wrinkles/aged looking skin that the women do.
    Well that is cracking news. Any links bro?

I will get you something. One of them was in one of my magazine subscriptions so I will find that as well.

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    I will get you something. One of them was in one of my magazine subscriptions so I will find that as well.
    I am interested in this info as well...this may make me tan year around.

mick-g is offline Associate Member
    Depends alot on what type of tanning bed you are using. Is it a 10min bed a 20min bed, and is it the high pressure lamps or the regular tube ones, and how many lamps does it have? I have a tanning bed at home with lamps that are 100watts each and 28 lamps total with a face tanner that is 400watts. It is a 20minute bed and i go in it once every 2-3 days. I also depends alot on your complexion. Are you light, dark, or medium complexion and do you burn easily? Ther are alot of factors that go into your question that you have to find out first.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I go to a stand-up bed, that is a 5 minute bed. I LOVE it.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Damn Bino thats some interesting stuff. Thad be a good read if you could ever find it agian.

i live in a statewide tanning bed, its called Arizona. but when i neglect myself of the masterful sun for the day i will chill in the fake bake for around 12 minutes. you would be suprised at how much of the color you get comes from the short times than just chilling in there for a long extended period of time. i tan pretty easy and i tanned 1 time at 8 minutes then took a break and tanned for 20 and i felt i got darker from the shorter time. and i did start out pasty white from the winter time.

ALright boys let me tell you finding these is not easy. Of course there are conflicting research in every field these days but I have read this a few different times.
    Remember I never said you cant get skin cancer from tanning, of course you can. Its just the old wrinkly leather face myth I am trying to debunk here.

Honestly guys, like I said before when you look at female and male bodybuilders who both use tanning booths whose skin looks more aged. WOMEN EVERY TIME.

So here is one link.

http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi....x?cookieSet=1

It was written by Zoe Draelos, from the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology.

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    3 days a week on a platinum bed. I used to tan everyday but i did seem to take a toll on my skin.

One more thing, when the hot chick tells you she JUST changed the bulbs a few hours ago do not try to be a big man and still go in for the same amount of time even when she warns you not to.

I dont know what I was thinking but I think I regret it now. I gotta sleep in a bed of lotion tonight.

XmotorX is offline Junior Member
    Lol. I've done that too. It hurts!

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    One more thing, when the hot chick tells you she JUST changed the bulbs a few hours ago do not try to be a big man and still go in for the same amount of time even when she warns you not to.

I dont know what I was thinking but I think I regret it now. I gotta sleep in a bed of lotion tonight.
    lolz i'm glad the hot chick wouldn't let me go in for as long as i wanted today.

juiceboxxx is offline Banned
    I go 3 times a week.EOD 20mins/eod

I go on the level 2 bed at my salon so its not very powerfull but still strong.

I give my body that 1 day to rest in between.

Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    lolz i'm glad the hot chick wouldn't let me go in for as long as i wanted today.
    Why did I have to act like a hot shot? KILL ME.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    Why did I have to act like a hot shot? KILL ME.
    best advice i can give you is vaseline. it is by far the best sunburn remedy. you're greasy as hell, but if you keep your burnt skin coated all the time while it's red it will turn almost anything into a tan. you have to keep it on all the time though.

jport1540 is offline Associate Member
    never!!! I was lucky enough to be born with fare skin, I am as white as snow!! Not to mention I am on accutane....sux to be me!!

Thread Information