OT8268 is offline Associate Member

How Long until Propecia Starts Working....?

I just took my 3rd pill of propecia and I have not noticed a difference yet, more hair might have fallen out actually, how long usually till it starts becoming effective?

Rich8888 is offline Member
    Bro...I am into my 3rd-4th year of taking propecia. Perhaps everyone is different with regard to results of the drug. However, for me I have not been able to actually discern a noticible difference in hair growth or hair retention. I could tell however, that the loss that I was experiencing had slowed and maybe even stopped..as a matter of fact when I went back to my doctor after the first year and he took pictures of my head and compared them to the pix he took when I first went on the drug...there was a significant increase in hair growth......but the difference is subtle..bro, ur not gonna see growth like planet of the apes..relax it's all good..

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    OT..If you would have seen a difference after only your third pill, I would have told you that you were having hallucinations. Propecia can take up to months to actually have an effect, and as far as regrowth is concerned, it may take even longet depending on your response to the medication.

I would have hoped your Doctor would have explained this to you prior to your treatment. If you got the Propecia off of an online medical site, than let you give you some free medical advice.

1.) Don't think you will grow back your hair as it was before you started losing it. It won't happen.

2.) Propecia shows minimal hair regrowth in most patients, and the texture and thickness are very rarely the same.

3.) If you are using AAS then you are only going to likely add to your hair loss as many of these drugs can accelerate hair loss.

Patient is the key with this drug regimine so you had better be in it for the long haul. And if you do show any results, it will eventually diminish if you stop the drug therapy.

Go to the Propecia website and it will go into greater detail so you can know what to realistically expect. Good Luck! Doc M

dtdionne is offline Junior Member
    ot, i was on propecia for just under 4 years and some experience a shedding period after the first month or so. Propecia startes to lower dht levels in you body in about 4 days. here are some great resourses for hairloss:

www.hairlosstalk.com
    www.minoxidil.com - i am trying their xanadrox product and spiro product now in place of propecia.

i think propecia has been determined to reduce type 1 dht in the scalp by 40%, and propecia is systematic. there are topicals like the one im trying that claim to reduce all types of dht in the scalp by 99% and they aren't systematic. im not sure i believe them but i figured it was worth a try.
    there is a new pill call dueseride or something like that that claims to me much better then propecia.

Maybe I should have been more specific, I dont have a current hair loss problem, I am on my first cycle of test prop, and I noticed hiars coming out during my showers, I am wondering how long until it slows up the hair loss while on prop

BUMP

Thread Information