xlcojones is offline Junior Member

Unhappy body hair...problems please help!!

I dunno if this has happened to any of u guys from waxing/shaving, but for some reason my lower stomach had so many ingrown hairs and bumps that it looks digusting! Do you know of something i can put on it to make it better?!?! And i was planning to go to the beach this weekend...it looks like im staying home

-J-

Big_BoneZ is offline Associate Member
    try to shave... it will bring out in grown hair, but may grow thicker and it sucks after you done waxing..... you really should consult your DOC, if you are considering accutance

whats accutance??

UltimateFighter is offline Associate Member
    Accutane is for acne. ingrown hairs have nothing to do with acne.

Got Gear? is offline Member
    I went to my doc for this cause I got it on my face (usually use electric but tried a blade). I was 2 weeks into a cycle and thought I was breaking out BAD!!

Doc said NOPE! And gave me some sort of cream.
    Throw away your razor, wipe down the effected area with alcohol 3x a day. This will help. By doing this and using that cream 95% of it was gone after 3 days.

Big Rhino is offline Junior Member
    Checkwww.herbsfirst.com look on there they might have something to help.

RHINO

destroying angle is offline Junior Member
    You should try Tend Skin it works for me. Order on line search for Tend Skin.

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    man ingrown hairs suck balls!i get under my chin and neck area from fuckin shaving ,they pissme off !!! razor burn and shit too !!!!anyone knows how to elimainate it or help ?

web03 is offline Associate Member
    i usually use the "skintimate" sensitive chick shaving cream. If i start breaking out real bad I use the alcohol trick several times a day

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    i find that the nivea balm for men aftershave cools me down and prevents razor burn on most parts of my body. if you use a heated compress before you shave it will open your pores and lift the hairs better to prevent burn. there are so many different ways to prepare yourself to shave that it is ridiculous...just search on google and im sure you will find a ton of methods.

I went to my doc for this cause I got it on my face (usually use electric but tried a blade). I was 2 weeks into a cycle and thought I was breaking out BAD!!

Doc said NOPE! And gave me some sort of cream.
    Throw away your razor, wipe down the effected area with alcohol 3x a day. This will help. By doing this and using that cream 95% of it was gone after 3 days.
    __________________________________________________ __________

do you happen to know the name of the cream????

Vaj10 is offline Associate Member
    get your self tendskin.... this stuff works wonders... do a search on yahoo or something, you will probably find a handful of websites that sell tendskin.

this stuff got rid of my ingrown hairs, acne, even, i even put it on my neck after i shave in the morning for the razor burn.

ISUPGT is offline New Member
    I used to get ingrown hairs all of the time. Every time I shaved, my neck would have em all over. Big N, I started using an electric razor some time ago and I haven't had any since. I think it has something to do with how an electric doesn't cut quite so close. I don't know, works for me.

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    get a loofa sponge it works. you can get em at a place that does waxing

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Next time, shave "with the grain," in the direction the hair grows, and that should prevent redness/ingrown hairs. Shave against the grain, and you may just end up with trouble.

durbin22 is offline Member
    Originally posted by destroying angle
    You should try Tend Skin it works for me. Order on line search for Tend Skin.

I second that.

David B. is offline Member
    Originally posted by Big_BoneZ
    try to shave... it will bring out in grown hair, but may grow thicker and it sucks after you done waxing.....
    This BS that shaving makes hair grow back thicker has got to stop. The only reason it APPEARS thicker is because it's all the same length when it starts to grow back. If you stopped depilating long enough to let it all come back to normal, you'd see that shaving didn't permanently change anything.

--dave

alevok Guest
    I have little hair problem of my own. What do you guys recommend, waxing or shaving?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails body hair...problems please help!!-morningafter.jpg  

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Here are a few suggestions to help alleviate "Razor Burn" and "Razor Bumps". The steps are somewhat involved, but if this is a persistent problem than the extra effort is definitely worth it.

1.) Instead of shaving quickly at the sink, try shaving in a hot, steamy shower. The steam helps the skin become more supple and softens the hair growth. (I use a fog free mirror in the shower)

2.) Use a gel instead of a foam shaving cream. Gels tend to condition the skin to a greater extent providing a smoother surface and a more comfortable shave. Gels are massaged into the skin whereas foams just sit on the surface.

3.) Use a sharp blade and rinse it frequently during shaving. A dull blade is often the culprit in "Razor Burn".

4.) **MOST IMPORTANT** Shave with the grain of the hair, not against it. Razor bumps are often inflamed follicles that are caused by shaving against the grain of the hair shaft. Although this leads to a smoother shave, it often results in ingrown hairs and red, painful bumps. This is really intensified on the neck/throat area due to the fact that the hair growth in this area is often in an irregular growth pattern which makes it difficult to shave with the grain.

5.) If you use a balm or aftershave, alcohol free ones are the most recommended. The alcohol can dry out the skin.

6.) If your face is prone to breakouts, then I would also recommend using a mild medicated face scrub to exfoliate your face after shaving. I would then follow this up with a medicated/conditioning face wash to help insure your face and pores are clean and exfoliated. I would follow this all up with a light, oil free moisturizer. Nuetrogena has an excellent line of facial moisturizers.

I hope this helps because something minor like razor bumps can get really old very, very quickly!!

Doc M
    Last edited by Doc M; 06-07-2003 at 01:49 AM.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Good info Doc M!

nj juice is offline Member
    That much hair is disgusting, laser removal would be the best choice.

Thread Information