Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    GTT
    GTT is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    44

    What gear with Proscar

    Guys,

    I am about to use Proscar and Minoxidl to try and halt and improve my receeding hair due to steroid use .
    Now, can i use any steroids with this or are there certain complications?

    Ive got loads of Sus and decca.

    help guys- my hair NEEDS YOU!!!!

  2. #2
    GTT
    GTT is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by GTT
    Guys,

    I am about to use Proscar and Minoxidl to try and halt and improve my receeding hair due to steroid use .
    Now, can i use any steroids with this or are there certain complications?

    Ive got loads of Sus and decca.

    help guys- my hair NEEDS YOU!!!!

    just to reiterate guys-- proscar is similair to Propecia.

    ive heard there can be issue with DHT conversion using Decca

  3. #3
    Rich8888's Avatar
    Rich8888 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    558
    you are fine.....no worries when using either....

  4. #4
    sp9's Avatar
    sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Land of milk and honey.
    Posts
    3,585
    Have read that proscar and Deca do not mix.

    Proscar is going to help with anything that raises test levels, won't help with anything that is already past the conversion point to DHT like winny. It's a sure bet for test injections, DBOL , but the jury is out with Deca. Also some people post that they have no hairloss with EQ others say they do have hair loss. I was on test only taking Avodart which is stronger than proscar at DHT suppression and I saw no hair loss. I am very prone to MPB.

  5. #5
    Bigun's Avatar
    Bigun is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,146
    What do u do then when your on the old classic like dbol & deca or test and deca, use proscar/avodart or not?

  6. #6
    GTT
    GTT is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigun
    What do u do then when your on the old classic like dbol & deca or test and deca, use proscar/avodart or not?

    Dude, that was exactly the Dilemma i have. About to start Sus and Decca combo.

    Dam Decca- not only does it go against the norm of Steroids but it also sits in your blood stream as Metabloites for like a year and a half.
    Now its also gonna mess with my mission to save my hair!!
    Dam you!!!!

  7. #7
    Bigun's Avatar
    Bigun is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,146
    This has been my predicament for a long time friend. A budy of mine went ahead and used proscar with the deca and had no problem. PM me if you have any luck trying it please

    Bigun

  8. #8
    sp9's Avatar
    sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Land of milk and honey.
    Posts
    3,585
    Yes please what bigun said. We need more feedback on that one. I am sticking with straight test for now myself.

  9. #9
    GTT
    GTT is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    44
    Im gonna have to try it arnt i.
    I`ll keep you guys posted on this.

    I figure if it makes me bald- i`ll just get a tan and try and look trendy that way ;;; :E

  10. #10
    Bigun's Avatar
    Bigun is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,146
    Good luck with it!

  11. #11
    IwannaBeBig's Avatar
    IwannaBeBig is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    On the outskirts of Hell
    Posts
    103
    i was using proscar with omnadren and deca and i still lost some, it wasn't to bad, but i thinned. what sucks is though when you comb it to go out you see it when you have gel in it. but fuck it if i loose it all i'll shave it to and get a tan, vin diesel gets alot of ass. hollywood helps though. also i was told to cut the pill into 4's and take a fourth every day, how about you guys?

  12. #12
    GTT
    GTT is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    44
    Exactly- thank god for Vin Diesel.

    Yeah i too heard that you split the 5mg Proscar tabs into 4- this is becasue 1mg per day is recommended dosage for Baldness treatment and Propecia is 1mg.
    Plus you save a fortune buying the 5mg tabs instead of the 1mg propecia

  13. #13
    Eating_Machine's Avatar
    Eating_Machine is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In the fridge or by the stove.
    Posts
    33
    Deca stays in you for a long time but I started finasteride 3 months after the last shot and didnt notice any problems.

    Ive been on Minoxidil and finasteride for just a little over 3 months and my hair has improvesd to the point that people comfront me and want to see my hair without me asking them to inspect it. It was no secret that i was thinning and now some people swear to me that its back to "normal".

    There have also been articles out suggesting that winny is not any worse for your hair than testosterone and that Winny is not the equivalant to pumping straight DHT into your bloodstream, so finasteride might actually be helpful in halting that hairloss in very good responders to the drugs.

    Im gonna get off everything in a couple of months just to see if my hair is just growing back naturally after quitting cycles. Im keeping my fingers crossed, as I would like to be as "natural" as possible nowadays.

    Good luck.

  14. #14
    GTT
    GTT is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Eating_Machine
    Deca stays in you for a long time but I started finasteride 3 months after the last shot and didnt notice any problems.

    Ive been on Minoxidil and finasteride for just a little over 3 months and my hair has improvesd to the point that people comfront me and want to see my hair without me asking them to inspect it. It was no secret that i was thinning and now some people swear to me that its back to "normal".

    There have also been articles out suggesting that winny is not any worse for your hair than testosterone and that Winny is not the equivalant to pumping straight DHT into your bloodstream, so finasteride might actually be helpful in halting that hairloss in very good responders to the drugs.

    Im gonna get off everything in a couple of months just to see if my hair is just growing back naturally after quitting cycles. Im keeping my fingers crossed, as I would like to be as "natural" as possible nowadays.

    Good luck.

    Interesting.
    -so how long has your hair been thinning for?

    Ive noticed that EVERY time ive done a cycle ive noticed my hair has become thinner, this has been worsening over the 3 years ive done steroids off and on.
    Runs in my family to an extent--eg my dad has thin hair--but hes 65 lol and he had a full head of hair at my age

    I didnt think hair grew back naturally after youve stopped cycles?

  15. #15
    Eating_Machine's Avatar
    Eating_Machine is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In the fridge or by the stove.
    Posts
    33
    I asked an established "hair doctor" a few questions about steroid cycling and hair regrowth.

    Specifically, I asked him, "Is it possible that I may regrow my hair after a steroid cycle ends and my own natural testosterone levels return to normal?"

    The answer was, "Yes it is possible."

    Its all pretty much the luck of the draw in terms of genetics, how early you catch the hair loss and how weel you respond to treatments.

    Dont wait 8 months after your last cycle to start a hair program in hopes that your hair will grow back naturally. Its always easier to ween yourself slowly of the medications like finasteride and see if it affects loss than to try and save "dead hair".

    I am not sure how long I have been thinning for. I do know that my last cycle was way longer than usual and my first hint that it was effecting my scalp was the itchness of it. Hindsite is always 20/20 though, as I didnt know what was going on at first. Then I started to get comments from my family about my hair getting thin on top. So I guess its been 5 months since I noticed but it most likely started earlier than that.
    Last edited by Eating_Machine; 11-12-2003 at 03:57 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •