**Middleweight** is offline Associate Member

Vitamin A for acne????

I was thinking about taking 10,000 iu of vitamin a per day. I heard that it's good for acne. Someone told me accutane has a high dose of vitamin a and that's what clears up the skin. The thing I'm not to sure about is toxicity. Is it 10,000 iu too much per day??
    thx!

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by **Middleweight**
    I was thinking about taking 10,000 iu of vitamin a per day. I heard that it's good for acne. Someone told me accutane has a high dose of vitamin a and that's what clears up the skin. The thing I'm not to sure about is toxicity. Is it 10,000 iu too much per day??
    thx!
    Accutane is a derivitive of vitamin A. Vitamin A is good for your skin. I do not know what the effects of 10,000iu of vitamin A are.

Are you having an acne problem? Provide more info.

enzo is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by **Middleweight**
    thx!
    high levels of vitamin a can cause liver damage, thats why drs generally monitor lft's when on a course od roaccutane uk(accutane us) normal rda's will do very little to impove the nature of acne, please tell me what level your acne is and where it is and i mght be able to help i'm a pharmacist cheers enzo

**Middleweight** is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo
    high levels of vitamin a can cause liver damage, thats why drs generally monitor lft's when on a course od roaccutane uk(accutane us) normal rda's will do very little to impove the nature of acne, please tell me what level your acne is and where it is and i mght be able to help i'm a pharmacist cheers enzo
    My acne is very mild. It's only on my shoulders and back. The thing is I never had it before. I'm going into my second week of clomid right now. <---not really helping my acne. I wanted to take vitamin a to help combat the acne. I tried vitamin b5 pano. but it always game me the ****s.
    Appreciate all the help!

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    i always thoguht vitamin e was good for your skin.. ?

Sheek is offline Junior Member
    I was pescribed a Vitamin A topical (liquidto apply directly to acne). You should try that, it drys out the skin abit but it works.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    egh i use nutrogeana they have pretty decent products.. but as i was dieting i found that when you lower sugar intake acme seems to decrease..

Will_194 is offline New Member

Vitamins for skin

Vitamin A, or more appropriately, Zinc and Vitamin E are both good for Acne, they are also mild anti-e's so can help with gyno, however you should also get some good sebum control moisturiser so that it doesn’t dry your skin out too much. Also watch the liver with doses like that, you should only need about 2500IU/day. You're best off having a glass of carrot and apple juice each morning that’s got enough fresh vitamin A to cure all that ails you.

Vascularity is offline New Member
    I am amazed none mentioned vitamine B5 Pantoten acid, which have been found to be amazingly effective against acne that otherwise been impossible to get rid of. "Fronload with about 5 grams" for the first week, and use 1gram per day after that as maintenance.

Thread Information