Thread: Hit a nerve

nwjt is offline Associate Member

Hit a nerve

I've hit a nerve while pinning my quad twice now. I do change locations etc. What I do is continue pinning after asperating. Seems like I hit it about half way in, so I just keep going in.

Is this ok, can I do any serious damage by hitting a nerve? Hurts bad and leg twitches but afterwards no big deal so far.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    It hurts but you will be ok, try hitting other sites in future.

BROKEN is offline Associate Member
    happens almost every time in my left quad.

BennyLom is offline Associate Member
    Happened to me too, but I just moved the needle up an inch and went back in (don't recall if I switched needle but I might have).

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have found a way I have not hit a nerve in over a year now....

Ill tell you for $$$$

No what I started doing is to NOT dart. I dont just stick it anymore. I even put the needle in SLOW.

I start by trying to make sure it's in fresh area and push lightly. 99% of the time it slips in like butter. I keep going slow. IF if start to feel a twinge I STOP, wait 5 sec and continue. The nerve moves or??? but I have never hit a nerve doing this and it's even more painless than darting. I take 30 sec to push in a 1in pin in the quads.

nilrac is offline Member
    Yeah I also pin slowly. First shot in my right quad hurt like a bitch a couple of days afterwards, but I put that down to injection technique as much as anything. I have better joy on the left side of my body, whether it be quads or glutes etc.

Personally I like quads though, as you can use both hands to pin and aspirate . Much easier for a first cycle if you aren't used to injecting. I hear alot of people say glutes always for newbs, but for me it is very awkward. Though I will use them to rotate injection sites.

I am going to try deltoids next though.

Thread Information