Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member

does it make u fatter?

hey guys...ive heard that if ur fat (not obese, just a bit more bodyfat)
    and use steroids it makes u fatter or gives u a bad looking body, is that true?
    to me it sounds like nonsense..but still it makes u wonder.

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    doin steroids will usually add body fat. u will def get better results and b happier with results if u cut down 1st then do juice. it also depends on ur diet, if u eat shlt u'll look like shlt.

wuts your current bf%?

Quote Originally Posted by tycin
    wuts your current bf%?
    hm dunno, how do i find that out?

bodyfat is about -12.72%
    found a bodufat calculator on the net, typed in my wheight n waist size, but the thing is that im 95kg (209lbs ors omething i think) but ive been working out for almost 2years so its not all fat =)

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    i don't agree that steroids will make you fatter.

i have never been disappointed with the ratio of muscle and definition gained from a cycle compared to fat. with high levels of test it is very hard to not put on muscle when you eat a bunch of cals.

run a tren , prop, and winny cycle and tell me if you can put on some fat...almost guarantee that it will be tough.

i don't disagree that one should cut for a few weeks to get diet and training schedule in check before going all out, but nowhere is it proven that cutting first is superior.

if his goals are size, then bulking while he is at his current bf will put more on to his frame that is NOT fat and then he can cut to eliminate it after his cycle.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    Steroids do not make you fatter they make you hold water taking testosterone blocks cortisol and prevents stem cells from turning into fat cells so that is false

Quote Originally Posted by farrebarre
    bodyfat is about -12.72%
    found a bodufat calculator on the net, typed in my wheight n waist size, but the thing is that im 95kg (209lbs ors omething i think) but ive been working out for almost 2years so its not all fat =)
    that shlt is bullshlt, get it tested at ur gym or buy some body fat calipers. check out vxsupplements.com.

oh ok cool, could HGH make u fatter?
    there was this one guy, he went to the same school as i, and worked out at the same gym, i saw him after a couple of months and he was taller than before but man o man ive never seen someone that fat in real life, he looked like on of those american obese kind of guys, and he used to be really lean.

oh ok thnx, but the bf% that i gave u was it to much or not enough?

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    hey guys...ive heard that if ur fat (not obese, just a bit more bodyfat)
    and use steroids it makes u fatter or gives u a bad looking body, is that true?
    to me it sounds like nonsense..but still it makes u wonder.
    No, that's not true. However, those who natrually hold fat more easily than others (endormorphs), will generally put on more fat that others while bulking. In the same way, people who are naturally thin (ectomorphs) will tend to put on less fat with a similar diet as an endomorph. Aside from body type, diet and cardio are the biggest factors in determining whether or not a person gains more or less fat while bulking.

if ur looking for some lean muscle with almost no body fat gained i agree with the tren ,prop,winny cycle. just beware that tren and prop must b shot everyday.

nah i want to bulk, dont like the lean look, wanna have some fat on he muscels , kinda like basket8ace's pic, but with more fat on the body =)

oh ok cool, could HGH make u fatter?
    there was this one guy, he went to the same school as i, and worked out at the same gym, i saw him after a couple of months and he was taller than before but man o man ive never seen someone that fat in real life, he looked like on of those american obese kind of guys, and he used to be really lean.
    gh will def not make u fat bro it will burn fat! the only steroid that will burn fat is tren as well.
    as for if that bf% u said i ahve no idea if thats too much or too little. post a pic and u will get guesses that will b close. 12% isnt very high but its not visible abs.

got 2 pics, but they were shot with a webcam so the quality is really REALLY sucky and i look a bit leaner than in real life oh and i wasnt very serious when i took them pics, i just wanted pics to show some chicks haha, but how do i upload the pics ?

click on go advanced in the reply box then go to manage attachments and upload the from where ever they r saved from.

post them in the pic forum

Quote Originally Posted by tycin
    post them in the pic forum
    hm dunno if i dare to do that kinda scary...
    and the quality sucks..is it ok with u if i just post them in my thread for u to have a quick look ?..
    ill send pics on the pic forum when i use a digitalcamera instead of the webcam

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    and the quality sucks..is it ok with u if i just post them in my thread for u to have a quick look ?..

Post em bro...

hm ok..here are the pics..oh dont laugh please

sure

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    nah i want to bulk, dont like the lean look, wanna have some fat on he muscels , kinda like basket8ace's pic, but with more fat on the body =)
    lol For a second i thought you were calling bask8kase fat. Androgen will NOT make you fat. What you gain from your cycle heavly depends on your diet and cardio.

There are alot of estrogen receptors in fat cells.

The fatter you are when you begin a cycle, the more prone to estrogenic side effects you will be... the more water you will hold, etc...thus, you'll look fatter.

shlt bro i cant tell. need better pics.

Ya man those pics are bad you should take some with a digi cam

yeah i know haha thats why i didnt wanna send them on the pic forum hm hm..did work on the chicks though he =)

hahahaa

yeah i know haha thats why i didnt wanna send them on the pic forum hm hm..did work on the chicks though he =)
    LOL... thats all that really matters anyways!

hahaha amen to that

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Cant tell Just have to see when you get your better pics.

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    There are alot of estrogen receptors in fat cells.

The fatter you are when you begin a cycle, the more prone to estrogenic side effects you will be... the more water you will hold, etc...thus, you'll look fatter.
    This is misleading. Steroids won't necessarily make you look fatter. It depends on what steroid compounds you use, your diet, cardio and whether or not you use anti-estrogens. As we all know, it's entirely possible to get leaner while using steroids whether or not you have more or less fat on your body.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    bodyfat is about -12.72%
    12% is pretty low for someone who has never calculated it before. Do you have any veins anywhere making prominent ridges in the skin? Is there a definite cut between upper and lower pecs, or separating the heads of the deltoids? Are your "love handles" pretty much completely gone? Any outhang at all above your belt when it is cinched up tight? If so I must respectfully opine that you are probably a bit higher.

Gear is most commonly used in bulking cycles. In a bulking cycle, the goal is to add lean mass, i.e. muscle, along with some bone, tendon, ligament, etc, with the understanding that adding some fat is acceptable. You can also use some drugs in cutting cycles, where the goal is to lose fat, while hopefully retaining muscle.

Before a bulking cycle, you should try to get the BF down to 10% or 12% at the most. That way you don't end up looking like a big fat oaf. Cutting is easier before a cycle than it is immediately after one, because those gains made during the cycle are fragile. During recovery, you can lose a lot of muscle gains just trying to hang onto them. A cutting diet can cause you to lose even more muscle at that time.

It sounds like you are interested, which can be a bad or a good thing, depending on your knowledge and patience. I say patience because experimenting with gear when you haven't done your homework is folly. You can easily spend a year studying this topic and still find new facts and ideas relevant to AAS. It is a complex subject and the more knowledgeable folks on this board could be considered accomplished amateur endocrinologists with a knowledge of gear far surpassing that of the average GP/MD. Keep reading. The more you read, the more pointed your questions can be and the more accurate and topical the answers can be.

hm ok..here are the pics..oh dont laugh please
    I would guess around 16% or a bit more but a shot of the waist area will tell a lot. Your 12% figure is a bit off. Those online calculagator thingies are pretty haphazard anyway. Calipers are better, though even that method is very subjective.

aha hm yeah i should probably cut first before i do anything else =)..thnx for the great post bro

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    I would guess around 16% or a bit more but a shot of the waist area will tell a lot. Your 12% figure is a bit off. Those online calculagator thingies are pretty haphazard anyway. Calipers are better, though even that method is very subjective.
    The next time you go to your doctor's office for a check up, ask him if he has a BMIS (Body Mass Indicating Scale) which calculates your body fat percentage using and electric current. Results are based on data placed in the computer by your doctor (age, height, athletic/non-athletic, etcera).

You can buy low-end BMIS's from some stores that sell scales and bathroom items such as Target or Bath and Body Works.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    The next time you go to your doctor's office for a check up, ask him if he has a BMIS (Body Mass Indicating Scale) which calculates your body fat percentage using and electric current. Results are based on data placed in the computer by your doctor (age, height, athletic/non-athletic, etcera).

You can buy low-end BMIS's from some stores that sell scales and bathroom items such as Target or Bath and Body Works.
    Hmmmm I've read about these scales before supposed to be accurate within 5%.

godsgym is offline Junior Member
    i dunno im looseing fat like a mad man and im on a basic cycle i measure once a week and am very impressed with the results thus far...gg

Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    Hmmmm I've read about these scales before supposed to be accurate within 5%.
    It depends on if you buy a good one or not. The basic retail ones they are supposed to be more accurate than calipers. But I haven't tried to compare. The professional ones (doctor's office) are far more accurate than the retail ones.

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    Id say you are at 18-20%bf.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimes
    Id say you are at 18-20%bf.
    Most folks do underestimate their BF. They just can't believe such a huge percentage of their tolerably well shaped bodies are actually fat. Our society teaches us that fat is ugly, and we want to believe that we are really truly un-fat. We are told that fat is unhealthy, and we don't remember that some fat is necessary, that it serves a useful purpose, and that if we had zero fat our skin would break down and cease to function properly, and our muscle would be cannibalized to serve as energy. It took me a while to face the reality. I figured, before I ever started training, that I must be about 18% BF cause my belly wasn't THAT big! I was actually probably over 30%. Newbies don't realize how much fat lies just beneath the skin, blanketing their entire body, or how much is "marbled" intramuscularly. Newbies think in terms of abdominal fat. No gut, no fat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information