Thread: Acne Problems?

fanatic is offline Member

Acne Problems?

This is usaully a very popular subject on here so I thought I'd give some personal experience- hopefully it helps. Anyway, I was sick of my gear-induced acne. I tried every soap and cleanser you could think of and was fed up. So, I made an appointment with a dermatologist.

I was honest with him about my AAS use and he said "regardless of how you got it, its stillan infection and needs to treated." He prescribed me ampicilin 500mg tabs and an anti-bacterial gel. I take the pills twice daily and apply the gel twice also. In one week, I can tell a major difference.

As for sunlight succeptability that usaully accompanies acne meds, this stuff does not (so i can continue to tan).

I asked him about the active ingredient in Nizoral (Ketoconazole). He said that it may help with mild cases but it was an anti-fungal not the antti-bacterial, which is needed to cure the infected oil glands.

ANyway, I hope this motivates people to go to a doctor. It cost me around $100 total (doc visit and meds) and is working great. I know we all self-medicate (obviously, we use AAS lol) but we dont always have to.

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    good post mate

but this should have gone in the lounge
    no open source posting
    keep all source request's to PM'S please

someone once said to me a clever man learn's by his own mistake's. But a wise man learn's by the mistake's of other people.

detailed detection times
    at least 45 day's active use and 100 posts for a source check
    unsure about the rule's please read up
    thread for first cycle choices

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by stocky121
    good post mate

but this should have gone in the lounge

I agree. Excellent post. I'm seeing a dermitologist soon.

Why its steroid related...?

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Good post. I've tried every single gimick including dawn soap, etc. Nothing helped except accutane. Seeing a Dr. to me is the best advise.

tvd220 is offline Member
    and i love getting sixty 40mg tabs of accutane for $10.00 at CVS!!! (Online it was like $80.00 plus shipping for thirty 10mg tabs)

Liftnainez is offline Banned
    good to hear ur getting better bro

tvd220 is offline Member
    yea very happy with accutane so far

Silk22 is offline Junior Member
    Did the same thing a few weeks ago. Face has never looked better, not that it is any thing much to look at anyways.

tvd220 is offline Member
    my face is doing great, but my back is clearing slower

MotorBoatin' SOB is offline Junior Member
    the back is the worst. hard to get to

FullMoonHowlingWolf is offline Senior Member
    Fanatic, good post. If you have a doctor you can trust, it's a good idea to get their help. I use to go to a dermatologist when I had acne problems and told my doctor about using AAS. He prescribed me Minocin and Cleocin-T. He also ran full blood work on me to make sure everything was going all right. How long did your doctor prescribe the Ampicillin? I ask this because it is in the class of drugs called penicillins. I'm not stating your doctor is wrong, but Ampicillin is usually used to treat pneumonia, bronchitis, gonorrhea, urinary tract infections, and infections of the intestines such as salmonella (food poisoning) and run for 7 to 10 days.

LatinoPR is offline Anabolic Member
    I work in dermatology,i was runing my cyle like a year ago,so i start having "acne" in chest and back,my doc. start me in atibiotic for bacterias,but i have little improvment.So he decided to make a biopsy on my back,we call a punch biopsy...guess what,it was not a bacterial,it was a fungal, a yeast was the problem,and its not a acne, it was a foliculitis,we change the medication and no problem at all.
    So not everythig has to be acne,can be other things...Lamisil (in tablet) can be an option...!

I work in dermatology,i was runing my cyle like a year ago,so i start having "acne" in chest and back,my doc. start me in atibiotic for bacterias,but i have little improvment.So he decided to make a biopsy on my back,we call a punch biopsy...guess what,it was not a bacterial,it was a fungal, a yeast was the problem,and its not a acne, it was a foliculitis,we change the medication and no problem at all.
    So not everythig has to be acne,can be other things...Lamisil (in tablet) can be an option...!

I work in dermatology,i was runing my cyle like a year ago,so i start having "acne" in chest and back,my doc. start me in atibiotic for bacterias,but i have little improvment.So we decided to make a biopsy on my back,we call a punch biopsy...guess what,it was not a bacterial,it was a fungus, a yeast was the problem,and its not a acne, it was a foliculitis,we change the medication and no problem at all.

AllGearedUp is offline Associate Member
    Im on my 5th week of test e, 500mg a week. I have yet to get any acne on my face. I have very few on my back. I hope im just a lucky guy and dont have to worry about acne. Im sure i would have gotten it by now, if im gonna at all.
    Latino that pic makes me ****in howl everytime i see it. Its a clasic avatar.

Another member suggested this and I liked it a lot. If acne is a side effect associated with elevated/increased estrogen levels, which is common during PCT if no AI is run, why not run a low dose of Letro to reduce estrogen levels effectively, as Letro is very effetive at this action. The same could be said whilst "on". Run an AI and it may solve the problem?

i run aramidex at just o.25mg daily i only get some back acne when i dont use aramidex i get acne all over!!!!!

needledik is offline Associate Member
    to the doctor i go then, 7 weeks in and acne gradually getting worse..

Quote Originally Posted by needledik
    where are you getting the acen back shoulder face where???????

Quote Originally Posted by needledik
    Something my doc also told me was about mild break outs or weird cases (ie. skin abscesses aka boils). The anti-biotic Cephalexin was mentioned to be effective in these situations. He said, however, that more serious cases are not designed to be treated with this drug, which led to my Ampicillin prescription.

Testostack is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto
    I agree. Excellent post. I'm seeing a dermitologist soon.

Why its steroid related...?
    C'mon.......you know that test for instance, induces acne even naturally during a certain period (been a teenager once?) and that roids playing w/ hormones, play also with that part too.....i doubt that you dunno that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Testostack
    C'mon.......you know that test for instance, induces acne even naturally during a certain period (been a teenager once?) and that roids playing w/ hormones, play also with that part too.....i doubt that you dunno that yet.
    I'm pretty sure he was commenting on my whether my thread should be in the "steroid " or "lounge" forum.

Testostack is offline Anabolic Member
    i thought so too, swifto could have not gone so bad......JMHO....

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic
    I'm pretty sure he was commenting on my whether my thread should be in the "steroid" or "lounge" forum.
    I was. Stocky said this should be in the lounge...And I said it should be here.

I was. Stocky said this should be in the lounge...And I said it should be here.

He's talking about how to rid a side effect from aas, why should it be in the lounge?

TinTin78 is offline Member
    Buy a showerbrush with a long handle and put showercreme on it and scrub away, I have very little pimples. It works very good and you scrub away that dead skin that clog the pores.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm glad this post was not in the lounge, cause i woudl had prolly missed it than.
    Great post and something that def affects most of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellmask
    He's talking about how to rid a side effect from aas, why should it be in the lounge?
    What are you talking about...?

Stocky said this should be in the lounge. I said it should be here as its AS related.

Jeez...

What are you talking about...?

Stocky said this should be in the lounge. I said it should be here as its AS related.

Jeez...

oh my bad homie, Don't get all emotional. JEEZZZ LOL!

Thread Information