Thread: Psa

Harn is offline New Member

Psa

Getting some lab work done prior to my first cycle and wondering if I should get a psa? The reason I ask is I can get all the basic lab work done for free at work but the psa would be a send out so I would have to pay. wasnt sure if everyone gets this done or just if you have problems I know normaly its for men over 40.

Magnum II is offline Associate Member
    Depends on your age Bro. You haven't listed your age on your profile so, no-one knows what to say to you on this count. Basically, IMO, if you're under 35, it probably isn't necessary to get a base-line on you prostate. Just get a physical check-up once per year which will include a recatl exam

If you don't experience symptoms, you're cool for now. If over 35 and using Test, you may want to consider a baseline PSA reading...Chances are very good you won't develop problems if dosages are kept in reasonable ranges but, it's nice to know where you started from.

More importantly, get a full panel blood test to begin with...knowing your beginning hormone levels will be important if you are going to run AS.

Harn is offline New Member
    Ahh thanks Magnum , 38 yo so I guess it would be smart to go ahead and get it done.

Georgie is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harn
    Getting some lab work done prior to my first cycle and wondering if I should get a psa? The reason I ask is I can get all the basic lab work done for free at work but the psa would be a send out so I would have to pay. wasnt sure if everyone gets this done or just if you have problems I know normaly its for men over 40.
    I am on TRT and a PSA test was required along with other bloodwork, of course, to get my testosterone prescription and i'm only 28. Just my 2 cents.

Thread Information