RiotAct is offline New Member

Planning First Cycle (Some Questions)

I posted this here and on ****, just in case anyone happens to see it on both and wonders what's going on.

Anyway, I'm obviously new, so please go easy on me.

I was planning on doing my first cycle and I had a few questions as there are a couple of issues that are making me hesistant:

1) I am 20 years old. I've heard several people suggest that you should not take anything at this age. Of course, I know several people my age and younger who are juicing (some heavily) who have not displayed any issues. Thoughts?

2) I have OCD and Panic Disorder and am taking Lexapro/cipralex and Klonopin/clonazepam for each respectively. Does anyone know:

a) if there are any interactions between these medications and

b) should I just stay away because of the risk of testosterone -related issues ("roid rage " and the like) could have on my brain chemistry (and thus my OCD/Panic)?

3) Has "roid rage" ever been proven? I've read so many conflicting reports that my head hurts. Also, where I only plan on taking a small dose (in other, no "abuse"), would rage even be a factor?

4) Do you have any particular suggestions on what I should take, both during and after my cycle (PCT drugs and the like)? I was thinking about Sust, as I've heard good things about that, but I’ve also heard it can be more troublesome for a newbie than other test.

5) Some people have suggested to me that my workout routine should not change while on cycle. Is there any truth to this? I currently lift 3-4 days a week, 1-1.5 hours/day, hitting my entire body 1.5 times per week. Someone who used to be on cycle told me 6 days/2 times per week. Should I increase that while on cycle? How about post cycle?

6) I could stand to lose some pudge around the a**omen and upper torso (couldn’t everyone? ). Can I expect any results in this area from my cycle?

7) While on cycle, should I increase, decrease or maintain the same level of cardio? How about post-cycle?

8) I’m sure there’s no guideline, but is there a ballpark figure of how much muscle mass can I expect to keep?

9) Any other basic guidelines anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much in advance for any advice.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    First, let me allow it to be known, I’m not an expert and my experience is limited, but I’ll try my best to give advice on my personal experience.
    1) I am 20 years old. I've heard several people suggest that you should not take anything at this age. Of course, I know several people my age and younger who are juicing (some heavily) who have not displayed any issues. Thoughts?
    ---I think your body is mature enough for it. As long as you put everything together good I don’t think you’ll run into any problems.

2) I have OCD and Panic Disorder and am taking Lexapro/cipralex and Klonopin/clonazepam for each respectively. Does anyone know:

---Homones will affect your temperament. Estrogen for me, does more than testosterone . In my experience while using PCT I get depressed and moody. Personally, I would try to make sure you can handle this mentally prior to starting. I’m a very proud and stubborn person and mentally strong, but PCT gets me depressed as hell.

3) Has "roid rage " ever been proven? I've read so many conflicting reports that my head hurts. Also, where I only plan on taking a small dose (in other, no "abuse"), would rage even be a factor?
    ----If you are a dick head without it, you’ll be a bigger dick head on it. I get crabby from ECA more than anything. I think roid rage is the least of a persons concerns when planning a cycle.

4) Do you have any particular suggestions on what I should take, both during and after my cycle (PCT drugs and the like)? I was thinking about Sust, as I've heard good things about that, but I’ve also heard it can be more troublesome for a newbie than other test.
    ----Look at charts, pick something with minimal side effects to start. I would avoid sust, if you want to use test start out with EQ maybe. If I could do it over again, I would have started with Primo or Masteron and avoided the more harsh drugs.

5) Some people have suggested to me that my workout routine should not change while on cycle. Is there any truth to this? I currently lift 3-4 days a week, 1-1.5 hours/day, hitting my entire body 1.5 times per week. Someone who used to be on cycle told me 6 days/2 times per week. Should I increase that while on cycle? How about post cycle?
    ----Keep it the same, so you can see how effective the drugs are. If you think you can handle more after a few weeks, go for it.

6) I could stand to lose some pudge around the a**omen and upper torso (couldn’t everyone? ). Can I expect any results in this area from my cycle?
    ----Depends on the drug, almost all drugs have fat burning properties though. You’ll be able to replace some fat with mucle.

7) While on cycle, should I increase, decrease or maintain the same level of cardio? How about post-cycle?
    ---Depends on the level are cardio. If you are trying to put on mass, I would just quit the cardio to save those calories for putting on muscle.

8) I’m sure there’s no guideline, but is there a ballpark figure of how much muscle mass can I expect to keep?
    ----Again, depends on the drug. Drugs that cause a lot of water retention, like Anadrol you will keep less of the weight. Mild drugs tend to keep better gains.

9) Any other basic guidelines anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.
    ---You can never spend too much time learning about PCT, it will keep your sides minimal and help you retain the mass you put on. Keep PCT on hand and different kinds, AI’s and SERMs. Ask for lots of advice from people who have knowledgeable experience in the area. Don’t trust everything you read. Just because it’s on the internet, does not mean it is true. You also may react to drugs different than others. And have PCT in check!

JAY_WD is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    I posted this here and on ****, just in case anyone happens to see it on both and wonders what's going on.

I was planning on doing my first cycle and I had a few questions as there are a couple of issues that are making me hesistant:

1) I am 20 years old. I've heard several people suggest that you should not take anything at this age. Of course, I know several people my age and younger who are juicing (some heavily) who have not displayed any issues. Thoughts?They may not display any issues now but the 'real issues' will occur later on in their lives depending on how they cycle and their PCT if any.

b) should I just stay away because of the risk of testosterone -related issues ("roid rage " and the like) could have on my brain chemistry (and thus my OCD/Panic)? Not sure, sorry

3) Has "roid rage" ever been proven? I've read so many conflicting reports that my head hurts. Also, where I only plan on taking a small dose (in other, no "abuse"), would rage even be a factor? From my understanding roid rage only comes from steroid abuse. I've never heard of any cases of roid rage from recommended does of test or any steroid for that matter.

4) Do you have any particular suggestions on what I should take, both during and after my cycle (PCT drugs and the like)? I was thinking about Sust, as I've heard good things about that, but I’ve also heard it can be more troublesome for a newbie than other test. IMO newbie cycle 500mg test enanthate or cypionate pw broken into 2 shots of 250mg every 3.5 days. As for PCT, do some searching in the PCT forum. More than enought info there for testosterone PCT.

5) Some people have suggested to me that my workout routine should not change while on cycle. Is there any truth to this? I currently lift 3-4 days a week, 1-1.5 hours/day, hitting my entire body 1.5 times per week. Someone who used to be on cycle told me 6 days/2 times per week. Should I increase that while on cycle? How about post cycle? Workout routine will not make a difference as long as you are training hard and training correctly. IMO stick with compound or multi-joint exercises such as bench press, chins, squats,etc. These movements work more than one muscle group at a time and are essential for building muscle. What will make a difference is your diet. Get your diet down 100% and post in diet forum for someone to check. Your diet will determine how much you gain from your cycle.

6) I could stand to lose some pudge around the a**omen and upper torso (couldn’t everyone? ). Can I expect any results in this area from my cycle? Depends on your diet.

7) While on cycle, should I increase, decrease or maintain the same level of cardio? How about post-cycle? Depends on what you are trying to achieve.. If bulking i would stick to 3-5 times per week light cardio for about 30-45 mins each day at about 70% max heart rate. Any more and you will destroy muscle as well as fat.

8) I’m sure there’s no guideline, but is there a ballpark figure of how much muscle mass can I expect to keep? This depends on your diet and PCT. I know people who have kept 100% of their gains and i know other who have lost nearly 100% of their gains.

9) Any other basic guidelines anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated. Reseach, research and then reserch some more!!! It will pay off in the long run.

See comment above in red

CheddaNips is offline Senior Member
    2) most people (myslf included) will say that they have an extreme sense of well being while on cycle. but i also have noticed that when i do get angry, that it can be pushed way past what it was before. but it takes alot of provoking for that to happen.

millionairemurph is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post

1) I am 20 years old. I've heard several people suggest that you should not take anything at this age. Of course, I know several people my age and younger who are juicing (some heavily) who have not displayed any issues. Thoughts? Are you a doctor? how do you know this? Are you judginh theor physical health by appearance alone?

You should get these things under control before you do anything new

b) should I just stay away because of the risk of testosterone -related issues ("roid rage " and the like) could have on my brain chemistry (and thus my OCD/Panic)?

3) Has "roid rage" ever been proven? I've read so many conflicting reports that my head hurts. Also, where I only plan on taking a small dose (in other, no "abuse"), would rage even be a factor?
    some people get more aggressive. I do not. But people with preexisting disoreds are probably more prone to inflaming their disorder

wait till you are older
    hit every body part 1 time per week
    you should get down to a lower bf % before you cycle as it will make you less gyno prone. Fat = more chance of gyno
    increase during cycle, decrease post imo
    this is diet dependant, and somewhat dependant on compound(s) used and the duration of use. The faster your natural hormones bouce back after cycle the more muscle you will keep. But diet, training, sleep, and diet all affect this.

You are too yung and although i am not a doctor you run at least some risk of complication of your previous ailments. Why risk it? Train naturally with a good diet and i promise you can gain another 30 lbs min in the next 5 years. Then reevaluate where you are. I grew another 2-3 inches and gained 30 lbs from 20-25. Dont do something stupid and stunt possible growth and mess up your head. good luck bro.

good luck bro

millionairemurph is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAY_WD View Post
    See comment above in red
    i tried to get my comment in red how did you do that???

Great advice, guys. I can't thank you enough.

I was simply trying to keep my options open. I'm seeing a nutrionist/trainer this week or next, so I'll see what kind of meal plan we come up with. Yes, diet has been that troublesome for me lately.

How much longer should one wait before trying AAS? I am indeed concerned about negatively altering my metabolism (as millionairemurph alluded to).

Thanks again.

CheddaNips is offline Senior Member
    gotta make sure your diet and training is in check before you start. . also never start before you have all your PCT stuff

sonnygll is offline Member
    I think you are too young myself. Testosterone will not interact with those conditions. If anything it should make them better. I have both of the problems myself. I take Gabatril for the panic disorder and haven't had an attack since I started taking it. Test will make you more confident and assertive, and you won't feel as much anxiety. It will act up a bit during PCT though.

On a side note, I started taking memantine for the OCD. Holy fvcking $hit does it work! It is an approved alzheimers drug, with virtually no sides. It is currently being tested for an OCD treatment at Stamford University. It kills obsessive/intrusive thoughts like you wouldn't believe. It directly targets the glutimate receptors. I get it from an online pharmacy from India.

Thanks again for the advice. I think I will indeed wait at least a few more years.

Also, I hope you are right about the panic issues. As for the new OCD med, I've never heard of it, but I'll definitely look into it. I'll see if I can find any info on those studies.

sonnygll is offline Member
    It's not approved yet for OCD and the studies have not yet been completed. There is only anecdotal evidence for OCD treatment. However, it is very safe. You just have to research it. Just look at sides and drugs interactions and such. I have no problem recommending it though, since frail elderly people with various health problems tolerate it just fine. The main thing to read up on for further information is the role the glutamate receptors have in OCD.

Thread Information