sirbuster is offline Junior Member

dbol and milk thistle

Ok, i just read on another thread that there might be the possibilty that the effects of dbol could be reduced if taken with milk thistle. It was suggested taking them at differnt times was better. Is there any truth to this as i currently take them together.

NATE0406 is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont really see any advantage to taking them at differant times.. but maybe someone else will chime in.

I hope this isn't true, been doin it this way for 2 wks

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    if there is some sort of negation affect, i serously doubt its ENOUGH to make any actual diference.

I have read some of the studies on milk thistle but it was some boring reading, didn't retain much. It would make sense i guess to take it at differnt time if the milk thistle aids in removing toxic compounds

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa View Post
    if there is some sort of negation affect, i serously doubt its ENOUGH to make any actual diference.
    well thats good to know, i would hate to waste

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbuster View Post
    Ok, i just read on another thread that there might be the possibilty that the effects of dbol could be reduced if taken with milk thistle. It was suggested taking them at differnt times was better. Is there any truth to this as i currently take them together.
    i dont think it will hurt gains,,,dont see how it could.

Discipline_1 is offline Associate Member
    I have read some of the studies on milk thistle but it was some boring reading, didn't retain much. It would make sense i guess to take it at differnt time if the milk thistle aids in removing toxic compounds
    so it would make sense to take milk thistle a little after the dbol consumption, i always took it right before as i thought it more or less prepare the liver for the dbol

Rando911 is offline Associate Member
    As I understand the Mild Thistle is best taken a bit after to clense the liver rather than prep it?..

tksmooth30 is offline New Member
    I've only done 2 cycles of D-bol. First I was religous about taking d-bol with Milk thistle, and the second not as much(before bed), I didn't notice a difference between the two, however, I have noticed some hair loss since I started.

GreekDiesel is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbuster View Post
    You can take milk thistle during and after your cycle to aid the liver in processing/removing toxins. Overall, milk thistle should help regulate liver enzymes during cycle and speeds the recovery of the liver after the cycle is discontinued.

Somebody once told me that milk thistle is ONLY advantageous if you liver is healthy to begin with. He said if you enzyme count is down and u begin taking it, you will only aggrivate your liver more.. any truth to this???

Thanks for all the responses
    I have been on for 10 days, the first 5 were at 20mg ed, then i bumped up to 40mged. I don't realy feel any differnt, i've noticed some streingth gain but not what i was expecting. I'll seperate the dbol and milk thistle and see if i notice a change. also taking test e 250mgX2ew

Project is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreekDiesel View Post
    You can take milk thistle during and after your cycle to aid the liver in processing/removing toxins. Overall, milk thistle should help regulate liver enzymes during cycle and speeds the recovery of the liver after the cycle is discontinued.
    Considering the body views dbol as a toxin, wouldn't it be counterproductive?

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    like Tai said, if, and thats a big if, there is a difference, its neglibible..from personal experience no liver protectants are gonna keep your liver enzymes in normal range when youre taking a 17aa steroid ...

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814 View Post
    like Tai said, if, and thats a big if, there is a difference, its neglibible..from personal experience no liver protectants are gonna keep your liver enzymes in normal range when youre taking a 17aa steroid...
    I ran it a couple days without milk thistle and did not notice any differnce. I have actuly discontinued the use of the dbol , I am starting to suspect low dosed/fake gear. I have had better pumps and weight gain off of OTC test boosters.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    your not going to notice a difference or not in just 2 days... you would have to run 2 identical cycles one w/ milkthistle other w/o and maintain exact diet and training regiment and even then its mostlikely the first cycle will be the better of the two.

your not going to notice a difference or not in just 2 days... you would have to run 2 identical cycles one w/ milkthistle other w/o and maintain exact diet and training regiment and even then its mostlikely the first cycle will be the better of the two.
    Point taken, thanks for the input.

Project is offline Associate Member
    Oh c'mon Tai, you know that only anecdotal evidence is worth anything. That experimental design crap is for the distance runners!

Thread Information