musclenict is offline New Member

50yr old, cycle/cyp overdo and now PCT???

been cycling, prop, deca , sus, cyp and dbol for the last two to three years in different stacks depending on what my goal was. ran cyp all year cause of my age , 50yr old, at 100 per week, (went off any and all stacks ) I got off balance and out of control due to a personal bad relationship so was doing cyp all over the place (after looking back at my journal) it was a fuc*ed up major rollercoaster, Now I am off cyp, I waited 18 days to start a PCT hopeing to get my hormones back in check, I am using 70mg clomi and 20 Tomax. right now and not doing any cyp what so ever. am I on the right track here? the beginning of the 18 days off cyp was a bitch the clomi makes me emotional during the day and a bitch come evening the second week into clomi is better, the Tomax I like. advice i(f I am in the right here by going into PCT) would b greatly appreciated.no sex drive at all, I have dropped about 10 lbs but my lifting is great and I look really bigger than when I had the 10 lbs on me. Another question could be... is it ok to go back to my 100mg of cyp per week along with doing clomi and Nolva(tomax)? I simply want to feel like myself again, and boy did I learn my lesson with not paying attention to my cycle journal and letting a bad relationship go on for so long UGH!!

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    i think at 50, your hpta is probably gone for good, especially with such constant and extended suppression. but i don't really know what the chances of bringing it back are

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musclenict View Post
    been cycling, prop, deca , sus, cyp and dbol for the last two to three years in different stacks depending on what my goal was. ran cyp all year cause of my age , 50yr old, at 100 per week, (went off any and all stacks ) I got off balance and out of control due to a personal bad relationship so was doing cyp all over the place (after looking back at my journal) it was a fuc*ed up major rollercoaster, Now I am off cyp, I waited 18 days to start a PCT hopeing to get my hormones back in check, I am using 70mg clomi and 20 Tomax. right now and not doing any cyp what so ever. am I on the right track here? the beginning of the 18 days off cyp was a bitch the clomi makes me emotional during the day and a bitch come evening the second week into clomi is better, the Tomax I like. advice i(f I am in the right here by going into PCT) would b greatly appreciated.no sex drive at all, I have dropped about 10 lbs but my lifting is great and I look really bigger than when I had the 10 lbs on me. Another question could be... is it ok to go back to my 100mg of cyp per week along with doing clomi and Nolva(tomax)? I simply want to feel like myself again, and boy did I learn my lesson with not paying attention to my cycle journal and letting a bad relationship go on for so long UGH!!
    i would finish the pct and then see how u feel after!

thx Edmen, that is the course I am thinking to stay with, then I will go back on my regular dose of cyp. until I decide it is time to start a new cycle.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    thx Edmen, that is the course I am thinking to stay with, then I will go back on my regular dose of cyp. until I decide it is time to start a new cycle.
    I dont understand why you would do PCT then go back onto a HRT does of cyp

Kale

Kale, would u explain your question? r u saying to even do a PCT is not feasible? and if I simply went back to my regular prescribed dose of cyp I should
    bounce back? I am working with the assumption since I was over doing the cyp that to take some time off with a pct would be best to get my system back on track. when I cycle stacks I have always decreased the dosage at the end of a cycle so I never went into a PCT and my body responded great. Thus this is my first time messing up a cycle (overdoing) and using a PCT, I appreciate your insight Kale alot so your advice is treasured. thx

Kale, would u explain your question? r u saying to even do a PCT is not feasible? and if I simply went back to my regular prescribed dose of cyp I should
    bounce back? I am working with the assumption since I was over doing the cyp that to take some time off with a pct would be best to get my system back on track. when I cycle stacks I have always decreased the dosage at the end of a cycle so I never went into a PCT and my body responded great. Thus this is my first time messing up a cycle (overdoing) and using a PCT, I appreciate your insight Kale alot so your advice is treasured. thx
    OK so lets try and clarify your current situation. You have been cycleing but your latest effort was 100mg a week of Cyp for the last year ? Is that right ? Now you are doing PCT, but from what I understand you are saying that when you finish PCT you will start the cyp again at 100mg a week ?

I cycle stacks with the normal frequency instead of doing PCT I usually taper down on my dosages which works great for me (so far). I have a regular prescription of Cyp which I take at 100 per week, if I am using cyp in a stack I take more then decrease down. I have gone off cyp for 4 weeks during off cycle times. then start up at 100 per week of course depending on the cycle stack I am using. Since I messed up with cyp and was doing a rollercoaster of dosages I felt it was time I went of totally and started a PCT. so this is where I am now.
    confused and feeling really aggravated with myself and stupid for getting myself in this mess.

and yes I plan on going back on 100 cyp per week. until I decide to cycle a stack.

Well seriously if I was you and at your age (I am 53) I wouldnt bother with PCT anymore. I am on HRT for life and cycle in between. However if thats not what you want to do then you should run an aggressive PCT for at least six weeks. Then get a blood test and see where your Test and Estradiol levels are at. You then really should stay off for a while and let yourself fully recover, if in fact you do at all. I hope you dont have anybody that is needing a hard pee pee because you arnt going to have one for a while.

I have had that thought also which is why I am here. I thought maybe if I just go back on my regular dose of cyp everything will balance out and forget about the PCT< the PCT came into the picture cause PCT is all over this site. and as far as my hard wood goes I have not had a problem there at all, I just dont have the desire. once again I appreciate your advice which if I am following you is to go off the pct and just stay with my doctor prescribed cyp (which I wont ever go off of at this age and plus. *GRIN)

Hey Kale, explain to me what u mean by "cycling in between"?

OK so I am on 100mg Test Enanthate a week. If I cycle I simply up that dose to wherever I want it to be, say 500mg a week and I then stack it with other things at cycle doses such as dbol and Deca . After 12 weeks or whenever I decide I want to finish the cycle I drop the extra's and taper down to Test dose over a couple of weeks fro 500mg back to mu 100mg a week and I just continue that until I decide to run another cycle.

I have had that thought also which is why I am here. I thought maybe if I just go back on my regular dose of cyp everything will balance out and forget about the PCT< the PCT came into the picture cause PCT is all over this site. and as far as my hard wood goes I have not had a problem there at all, I just dont have the desire. once again I appreciate your advice which if I am following you is to go off the pct and just stay with my doctor prescribed cyp (which I wont ever go off of at this age and plus. *GRIN)
    PCT is all over the site because its mostly young guys here and they have to make sure they maintain there natural test production if the decide to go off steroids for good. Us older guys dont need to worry about that anymore. In fact staying on permanently for us is the elixer of youth.

rodgerj is offline Associate Member
    I don't believe he means 'in-between' so to speak. More so that he does not require a PCT because when he finishes a cycle he is still running the base line HRT does of cyp so there is no TEST level to recover.

On HRT the dose is below 200 mg and it is run permanently so is not considered a cycle....

THAT IS WHAT I USUALLY DO. Damn I think my brain went into freak mode, with this recent fu*ked up relationship and shoting cyp up and down to make it better. Kale I am going to drop the PCT and start my regular HRT of cyp until I decide to cycle a stack again, sound good ???? thanks man It is hard to find someone my age to get some advice from, my workout buds are all in there 20s.

thx roger I seriously went into braindrain mode and simply wanted to get myself feeling like myself again, and thought I messed it all up with my rollercoaster ride of cyp. kept reading about all this PCT and thought mayb that is what I need.

thanks Kale the "age" factor would be a great addition to all the posted PCT information on here.

THAT IS WHAT I USUALLY DO. Damn I think my brain went into freak mode, with this recent fu*ked up relationship and shoting cyp up and down to make it better. Kale I am going to drop the PCT and start my regular HRT of cyp until I decide to cycle a stack again, sound good ???? thanks man It is hard to find someone my age to get some advice from, my workout buds are all in there 20s.
    Sounds good. You should hang out over here http://forums.steroid.com/forumdispl...sprune=-1&f=72 there are quite a few older guys who habg out there doing what we are doing

rodgerj is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodgerj View Post
    I don't believe he means 'in-between' so to speak. More so that he does not require a PCT because when he finishes a cycle he is still running the base line HRT does of cyp so there is no TEST level to recover.

On HRT the dose is below 200 mg and it is run permanently so is not considered a cycle....
    Perhaps I should have waited till he posted.....

just playin devils advocate you were prescribed 100mg a week so ur body was still producing some kind of test. so who is to say that u didnt shut urself down even more and therefore would need more than 100mg to stay normal. im not ur age but i would think that pct makes sense just to recover what u had. what if u go to the doc and he says ur levels are lower and he needs to increase ur dosages.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT EDMEN2. my brain went there also.

hey Kale ( and anyone else with some thoughts to share ) here is something to ponder with me, why is it now that I have started this PCT of clomi and tomax am I having some incredible gains in the gym? my energy is back and the first week of PCT mood swings are balancing out in this second week? aren't the gains and energy rather odd on a PCT? Now those 18 days off cyp to wait for the PCT were HELL I mean beyond HELL. But now I actually feel good, no sex drive, but I have wood. *grin

hey Kale ( and anyone else with some thoughts to share ) here is something to ponder with me, why is it now that I have started this PCT of clomi and tomax am I having some incredible gains in the gym? my energy is back and the first week of PCT mood swings are balancing out in this second week? aren't the gains and energy rather odd on a PCT? Now those 18 days off cyp to wait for the PCT were HELL I mean beyond HELL. But now I actually feel good, no sex drive, but I have wood. *grin
    I would suspect Estrogen levels.

i would think that those 18 days ur body was at its lowest test wise then as u started to produce ur own thru pct its making u feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by edmen2 View Post
    i would think that those 18 days ur body was at its lowest test wise then as u started to produce ur own thru pct its making u feel better.
    and with that thought I am thinking maybe just ride a pct for 3 to 4 weeks and then jump back into my regular script of Cyp and mayb I will feel like I did when I first started the cyp or at least somewhat. thx edmen2.

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    Well seriously if I was you and at your age (I am 53) I wouldnt bother with PCT anymore. I am on HRT for life and cycle in between. However if thats not what you want to do then you should run an aggressive PCT for at least six weeks. Then get a blood test and see where your Test and Estradiol levels are at. You then really should stay off for a while and let yourself fully recover, if in fact you do at all. I hope you dont have anybody that is needing a hard pee pee because you arnt going to have one for a while.
    I agree, i'm 47 and use a low dose of sust between cycles.

Quote Originally Posted by LATS60 View Post
    I agree, i'm 47 and use a low dose of sust between cycles.
    thx Lats!

Thread Information