Michael Scott is offline Associate Member

Prop instead of Test-E for first cycle, any downsides ?

I'm thinking about running Prop instead of Test E for my first cycle because I really don't want to deal with the sides of Test E, like bloating and acne. I was wondering if there were any downsides to running Prop, I mean other than the daily injections, are the mass gains different or is it that just the total gains are different cause when somebody says they gained 25lbs from 12 weeks of Test E that a lot of that is water weight that somebody wouldn't get from Prop.

Also Prop should prop not be run for 12 weeks either ? Because Test E is run for 12 weeks but it takes 4 or 5 weeks for it to start working. But Prop kicks in a lot sooner. So would an 8 week prop cycle be the most you can gain on, or is it even possible to gain on prop for longer, like 10 or 12 weeks.

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    everything will be the same. test is test. if you dont mind injecting i think prop is better for a first cycle. run it as long as you want. 10 weeks would be good though.

Would it make sense that an 8 week cycle of Prop should yield the same results as a 12 week cycle of Test E due to the 4+ week period that it takes the E to kick in ?

NATE0406 is offline Anabolic Member
    yes you can run prop. but i wouldnt reconmend to a noob just because of all the injections. but yes you can run prop for 8 weeks with great results.

bruteman is offline Junior Member
    be forewarned it is the most painful feeling ever. i done a cycle of it. just started a cycle of enanthate for the first time, but havent been on it long enuf to notice any effects. but, that prop hurts like a MF.

I heard that the pain depends on the prop you end up with. Hope I get lucky, although actually I probably prefer the pain so I know my stuff isn't bunk.

Does anybody know when the gains start to slow down on Prop, on average

awms is offline Senior Member
    I am also looking to do prop for my first cycle....I like the fact that I can start and stop the cycle when ever I want so If I get bad sides or want to go longer then 8 weeks because I want to gain more then I can! and I also like that ther is less bloat.....but the pain of injection is what I am most scared of! and I have never shot in my life.

SoCoSpartan is offline Junior Member
    Well it all depends on who you get it from as far as pain goes. I've used diff labs and my last cycle with my EX Lab hurt a shit load more than my current supplier. I'm taking about taking a bat to the injection site pain...felt like someone took a mallet to wherever I injected. Half the time I couldn't even train properly. My last supply hurt but not near as much.

I've been reading up on some logs and I've noticed a lot of people are injecting prop EOD. I thought you needed daily injections, or is EOD good enough ?

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCoSpartan View Post
    Well it all depends on who you get it from as far as pain goes. I've used diff labs and my last cycle with my EX Lab hurt a shit load more than my current supplier. I'm taking about taking a bat to the injection site pain...felt like someone took a mallet to wherever I injected. Half the time I couldn't even train properly. My last supply hurt but not near as much.
    What are the factors that go into the degree of pain experienced from a prop injection (other than factors such as low pain threshold)?

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    the pain is due to
    A) being allergic to the prop ester
    B) too much BA
    C) unsterile gear
    D) not massageing the muscle
    E) virgin muscle

personally, i use prop ED (homebrew myself), if i shoot the muscle that i am lifting the same day (ex. shoot in bicep on bicep day) i find that the site of injection doesnt hurt later in the day (it doenst hurt right afterwords either) however if i dont exercise w/ the site, it hurts and feels like a bruise...

and you can shoot EOD but since the life is 3 days, you need to inject every 1 and 1/2 days, so night then morn... etc... i think ED shots are better, you get better gains and less sides... and it kind of becomes habit and reminds you that your on cycle...

Thread Information