Montgomery is offline Associate Member

Dense mass in muscle after shot

Hey all, I'm currently doing a test prop cycle. It's a lighter one at 65mg ED. This one vial is giving me grief. A couple of shots have resulted in the following issue. Right after the shot, everything is fine, but about 2 days later I develop this really dense, hard mass under my skin. It's like someone put a golf ball into my muscle. The thing is, though, it's 4 inches or so away from the injection site. Weird eh? The first one went away after about a week, but this one has lasted that long and is still big and hard. I injected into my mid-deltoid and the lump is between the bicep and the deltoid. The area is red and it's always really hot to the touch. I can't see how it could be an infection because I'm really careful and I sterilize everything and alcohol swab everything. I always aspirate also. Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks all,

Montgomery
    Last edited by Montgomery; 06-17-2008 at 10:40 AM.

Any help appreciated guys.

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    Pro can be an irritant...sounds like the BA content in that prop is high bro...as far as being an infection if the compound is in there long enuff it can abcess...watch it carefully and if it doesnt subside i would get a round of antibiotics..

Thanks bigmax. How long is too long to wait before getting the antibiotics? I don't think it's an infection because it's just a really hard, dense lump. It feels like a bone almost.

darr is offline Member
    wait aweek or two then start takin med,s if is not getting better tmo!!

Civic0 is offline Associate Member
    had the exact same problem with prop this week . . . however, i would get the occasional prop lump and then 3 inches or so away from injection site fliud will fill the area. . .

This started on Saturday, the pain is almost all gone . . . but the fluid just started to retain today...going to the doc and taking things from there...

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    I've had that a few times. It goes away.

I was suspicious it was just blood/fluid pooling so I iced it for about half an hour last night and this morning it was noticeably smaller and less dense. I'm fairly sure it's going to go away on its own now. Thanks for all the help guys.

Thread Information