cLk
    cLk is offline New Member

Testosterone and alopecia

Hello all I am just about to begin my first cycle, Testosterone Enanthate (or Cypionate , not sure yet) and I have a question:

I am a healthy 26 year old man with a full, healthy head of hair. My father has Alopecia, which I believe caused him to lose his hair when he was in his 40s.

Will taking a 12 week cycle of 600 mg/week Test E or C increase the chances of my getting Alopecia, or losing my hair?

Is this proven to be the case in every situation, or do I have to just start my cycle and be on the lookout for hair loss?

I'm basically wondering if taking a cycle will cause irreversible hair loss considering Alopecia runs in the family.

Thanks very much for your input.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    mpb runs on the mothers side i believe.

if you have no signs of mpb i think you'll be alright. get some duta or fina, spiro and nizoral if you want to be totally safe.

you should be fine.

spiromik is offline Junior Member
    yeh i just went to the DR's and got propecia...

cLk
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    mpb runs on the mothers side i believe.

if you have no signs of mpb i think you'll be alright. get some duta or fina, spiro and nizoral if you want to be totally safe.

you should be fine.
    Thanks for the input. Where can I find more information on all of these things you mentioned, as well as when and how much to take?

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by cLk View Post
    Thanks for the input. Where can I find more information on all of these things you mentioned, as well as when and how much to take?
    a quick google search can put you in the know.

i myself do not know how to dose the 2 since i am not prone to mpb and have never had to run them.

someone else may be able to chime in here

mark_butler@rogers.c is offline New Member
    http://www.hairloss-research.org/steroids.html

Here is a informative article. One piece of advice when purchasing Proscar/Propecia, ask for 5mg of Proscar and cut into four's, it is cheaper. 1mg daily is a hair loss dose. If anyone has any other info on hair loss i would be interested. I haven't done a cycle in 15 years but remember very clearly losing hair during the cycles. Now after a 6 week cycle i am encountering the same problems. I completely understand why this happens I just have trouble understanding why it happens so fast with me. My family doesn't suffer with mpb. I thought hair loss was a problem over a longer period of us?

Thanks

cLk
    So, do you recommend I wait for hair loss (checking on pillow, etc) before I take the Proscar/Propecia, or just take it as a precaution?

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    I would take 1mg ed of propecia for shits and giggles and order yourself some nizoral 2% on e-bay and shampoo with that. Who wants to find out the hard way?

cLk
    Thanks Kratos. So when do I stop taking the propecia and shampoo, when the test shots are over or when the PCT is complete?

propicia until 1 week after the last test shot. You could use the shampoo thru pct.

cLk
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    I would take 1mg ed of propecia for shits and giggles and order yourself some nizoral 2% on e-bay and shampoo with that. Who wants to find out the hard way?
    This is my first cycle, will propecia reduce my gains significantly?

shouldn't reduce your gains at all, dht is not made in muscle, muscle destroys dht, dht never reaches receptors in the muscle in any apreciable amout. DHT does make you a little more agressive and therefore lift harder/stronger. I'll keep my hair thankyou, any reduction in gains will be minimal. Can make you a little more prone to gyno as DHT is like an anti-e in breast tissue, so make sure you have your titty meds.

FlyByU is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    shouldn't reduce your gains at all, dht is not made in muscle, muscle destroys dht, dht never reaches receptors in the muscle in any apreciable amout. DHT does make you a little more agressive and therefore lift harder/stronger. I'll keep my hair thankyou, any reduction in gains will be minimal. Can make you a little more prone to gyno as DHT is like an anti-e in breast tissue, so make sure you have your titty meds.
    Everyone I've known who has taken finasteride can't lift as much weight as they could before taking it. Although there are only small levels of DHT in skeletal muscle, it is plentiful in nerve tissue and when you lower DHT too much it impairs neural drive and thus strength and speed. You're right about being more prone to gyno when taking finasteride because DHT inhibits the aromatase enzyme. When you lower it, there will be more estrogen floating around. This is pretty much why it causes impotence in a lot of users. Far more people suffer from this side effect and other side effects than the drug manufacturer Pfizer makes out!

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyByU View Post
    Everyone I've known who has taken finasteride can't lift as much weight as they could before taking it. Although there are only small levels of DHT in skeletal muscle, it is plentiful in nerve tissue and when you lower DHT too much it impairs neural drive and thus strength and speed. You're right about being more prone to gyno when taking finasteride because DHT inhibits the aromatase enzyme. When you lower it, there will be more estrogen floating around. This is pretty much why it causes impotence in a lot of users. Far more people suffer from this side effect and other side effects than the drug manufacturer Pfizer makes out!
    Scary facts and true that when on propecia the sex drive, libido and erection power is noticably lower than when off it, but the manufacturer claims are that it goes away as soon as you cease the medication, i have still to hear from people who suffered long term or permanent problems in that area from propecia.

If you have your titty meds in place i dont see the problem in even using proscar 5mg as a super precaution to stop hairloss, why not it is safe to use for extended periods of time as in years! so why not for a 3 months cycle + 30day PCT? If 1mg finasteride does the job to block hairloss caused by your natural test levels which are for a healthy man around 80mg/week around, then shouldnt you use more protection when you are doing a cycle of 500mg per week or more?

sitries is offline Associate Member
    5mg.a.day.would.seriously.****.with.ur.sex.drive.
    more.isnt.always.better!
    1mg.is.fine!

I doubt you are gonna see libido problems on 600mg of test no matter how much finasteride you take. But that's why I said stop 1 week before pct, so you don't have zero wood durring pct. You have your prostate to think about too, not just your hair. I say use it. Anywhere from 1-5mg is not out of bounds but 1mg should be sufficent to block a good amount of DHT from doing it's dirty deed.

cLk
    Wow.. thank Kratos, Flyby and KAEW for the insightful discussion.

I'm new to this, so I have some research to do to understand exactly what all that means, but essentially (if I want to keep my sex drive) I should take as a precaution to hair loss:

1-3 mg proscar (daily)
    optional: nizoral 2% shampoo (daily)

and if experiencing sensitive breasts or gyno:

Nolvadex (daily)

one question: propecia, proscar and finasteride are all the same thing, correct?

i got a Q - dht puts hair follicles in the anagen phase, thinning out your hair, but if your hormones return to normal will some of the hair go back into the growing cycle? Anyone ever had DHT hair loss that was, to some extent , temporary? My guess would be that spme portion will be deactivated permanently and the rest will grow back in time

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RapaciousShark View Post
    i got a Q - dht puts hair follicles in the anagen phase, thinning out your hair, but if your hormones return to normal will some of the hair go back into the growing cycle? Anyone ever had DHT hair loss that was, to some extent , temporary? My guess would be that spme portion will be deactivated permanently and the rest will grow back in time
    Some will me temporary and some will be permanent, that depends on genetic factors and the parts of your head that are pre-depositioned for hair loss, for example if its strong in your family to have a baldspot or receding hairline, and you do start to recede or get the bald spot after a cycle then chances are 99% that you have put the irreversable process into motion! It might go slow or it might go fast u never know, but once you start it then its started.

It can be somewhat reversed or stopped. Minoxidil although doctors are still not 100% how i works is rumored to vary from increasing bloodflow tot he hair, to keeping the hair in a growth phase, knowing that minoxidil cause some shedding at first and takes a about 3 months to fully kick in with results its advisable to use Rogaine way before your cycle and all the way through it and after it, generic rogaine is very very cheap, this way if it does its job then you trick your hair to stay in growth all the way, if this is combined with finasterinde/propecia and Nizoral for an all out attack then worst case is you will prevent hairloss to a significant extent!!

Another approach which is the closest to "reversing" hairloss is a medication called Betnovate scalp lotion, its a skin steroid which is sold with no prescription worldwide but i dont know about the states though! If you use it day and night it will force dormant hair cells to re-activate and all the ones that are already out to grow, it is very potent thats why you shouldnt use it long term, it is given to people who have done hair transplants but dont like the sides of rogaine, so they use Betnovate and it works wonders it will reverse the hairloss but cant be used long term.

If you can get your hand on betnovate+minoxidil+finasteride+propecia then man you can actually battle hairloss with WMD's!! And since 3 of those work extrenally then i personally see that scientifically they should be able to combat DHT even from substances like Winny in which propecia cannot internally! BUT dont take my word on the winny i will personally get somebody to experiment on that and tell u guys about the result!

skinnykenney is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up too hard

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    http://www.hairloss-research.org/steroids.html

Here is a informative article. One piece of advice when purchasing Proscar/Propecia, ask for 5mg of Proscar and cut into four's, it is cheaper. 1mg daily is a hair loss dose. If anyone has any other info on hair loss i would be interested. I haven't done a cycle in 15 years but remember very clearly losing hair during the cycles. Now after a 6 week cycle i am encountering the same problems. I completely understand why this happens I just have trouble understanding why it happens so fast with me. My family doesn't suffer with mpb. I thought hair loss was a problem over a longer period of us?

Thanks
    i tried that with a pill splitter and still had problems getting them exact and I also have a child and that stuff is not good at all for them!!!!!
    cut them in half and do 2.5mg EOD it works just as good and still saves alot of money!!!

cLk
    Is it safe to start a Test E cycle without Proscar/Propecia, and only take it once I see signs of hair loss? Or will it be "too late"?

Basically I'm wondering how quickly Proscar starts taking effect.

yeah by the time your hair starts to fall out you've phuked yerself imo.

Thread Information