juiceball44 is offline Associate Member

Sore nips during cycle

I just started my cycle and frontloaded with some deca and test. its been a couple weeks and my nips are sore. I started taking anastrozole (arimidex ) but they are still sore. should i continue taking my gear i'm shoting 2x a week or stop?

How much anastrozole (arimidex) should I be taking, when is it going to start working and should I stop my cycle?
    Last edited by juiceball44; 12-16-2008 at 12:19 AM.

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    Aromitase inhibitors only prevent new estrogen from forming. If you've got the sore nips the estrogen is already there, and can linger in the body for many weeks. You might want to look into nolvadex , to prevent the existing estrogen from binding with receptors.

The same thing happened to me on my last cycle. I was just talking to my doctor about it today. I wish I had aborted the cycle immediately and started nolva. I kept going and now I've got a lump under my nipple that may be permanent.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    no nolva when taking 19nors (deca and tren ) as it can make your gyno worse. you can keep taking the arimidex at 1mg ed or eod until the swelling/pain/sensitivity subsides. estrogen levels should drop within a week. aromasin would work as well but it takes longer to get stable in your blood.

I would suggest you to administer it with Arimidex for more than a week as Amorphic said and if you find any improvement then continue. Else if it does not go away then stop the cycle and start Nolva as Coop77 said, this is the only solution you can find to it. How many days its been you have started taking Arimidex ?
    Last edited by bladerunner9; 12-16-2008 at 07:47 AM.

ZEUS3 is offline Associate Member
    I had gyno, then started taken nolvodex without any anabolics 1 tab per day for 30 days then it went but it took about 20 days to notice any differance on my nipples

ZEUS3 is offline Associate Member
    my source said it was ok to use oxymetholine with the nolvodex but im not sure about injectable test hope that helps rather than ending cylcle

AcePowerZ is offline Member
    I would continue with the cycle and continue the Adex 1mg a day. See it through till the end. Good luck

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Adex will help to stop the conversion of test to estrogen which would basically starve the gland from estrogen which in the end would shrink or help to stop the growing.

Novladex while using any 19nor's will increase PgR which can make the gyno worse.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by legobricks View Post
    Adex will help to stop the conversion of test to estrogen which would basically starve the gland from estrogen which in the end would shrink or help to stop the growing.

Novladex while using any 19nor's will increase PgR? which can make the gyno worse.
    what's PgR, i know that using nolva increases receptor sensitivity, but that looks like an enzyme or factor shorthand

It has been almost a week and its starting to feel better but if I squeeze its still slightly sensitive. btw its only 1 nip that has been sore the other is fine, the sore one is slightly more puffy but my nips always get puffy when I bulk than look normal when I cut down

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    what's PgR, i know that using nolva increases receptor sensitivity, but that looks like an enzyme or factor shorthand
    Short for Progesterone Receptors

Quote Originally Posted by juiceball44 View Post
    It has been almost a week and its starting to feel better but if I squeeze its still slightly sensitive. btw its only 1 nip that has been sore the other is fine, the sore one is slightly more puffy but my nips always get puffy when I bulk than look normal when I cut down
    If its already subsiding then you should be good to go as the time passes. Usually for me 1 nipple gets ultra sensative or i get a lump which goes away PCT. Keep up the Adex till the sensativity goes down then drop the adex down.

awesome guys, thanks. hopefully it will be completely gone in a few days

LEGO, are you saying that taking nolva with 19nors will increase the number of progesterone receptors? just wondering as i've never heard this, if so can you post me a source?

trenerefic85 is offline Beware of my advice
    how does nolva increase pgr

trenerefic85 is offline Beware of my advice
    LEGO, are you saying that taking nolva with 19nors will increase the number of progesterone receptors? just wondering as i've never heard this, if so can you post me a source?
    Uh yeah cmon

Quote Originally Posted by trenerefic85 View Post
    how does nolva increase pgr
    Quote Originally Posted by trenerefic85 View Post
    Uh yeah cmon
    i like your title bro, lol, btw what did you mean by the above posts^^^

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ info on nolva and pgr
    btw this is the only study i could find and it relates to progesterone receptors in females with breast and endometrial carcinomas ...2 very specific facts (females and cancer) that should be noted. No direct studies i could find on healthy males for obvious reasons - to say this study applies to healthy males using aas would be a stretch scientifically. Use your judgement id say but with other options avail why risk it imo ...and i used to use nolva/proviron in test/deca cycles years ago. Now adex is my choice for on cycle estro control and has been for a while. Also give winny a try with 19 nors ...great synergy and progeterone antagonist. test/tren /winny one of my fav stacks

Nola M, Jukic S, Ilic-Forko J, Babic D, Uzarevic B, Petrovecki M, Suchanek E, Skrablin S, Dotlic S, Marusic M.

Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital and School of Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia.

OBJECTIVES: Tamoxifen is a nonsteroidal triphenylethylene derivate with a predominant antiestrogen activity, used in the endocrine treatment of breast and endometrial cancer. It is not known which endometrial carcinomas will respond favorably to Tamoxifen and which ones will not. The aim of this study was to find out whether Tamoxifen has an effect on hormone steroid receptors, hormone concentration, DNA content, and proliferative activity in endometrial cancer and to correlate the Tamoxifen-induced changes with pathologic parameters such as clinical stage, tumor differentiation, depth of invasion, and histologic type. METHODS: Thirty postmenopausal women with endometrial carcinoma were treated with 30 mg of Tamoxifen daily for 7-10 days after curettage. Steroid hormone receptors (estrogen and progesterone receptors), levels of follicle-stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone, prolactin, estradiol, progesterone, testosterone , dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, sex hormone binding globulin, and DNA ploidy and proliferative activity were determined before and after therapy. The patients were also divided into favorable and unfavorable prognosis groups according to classical histological parameters. The patients in the favorable group consisted of patients with stage I disease, well and moderately differentiated tumors, favorable histologic type, and a depth of myometrial invasion of less than (1/3). The patients with only one of the unfavorable parameters (clinical stage II or III, poorly differentiated tumors, unfavorable histologic types, and deeper invasion of myometrium) were included in the unfavorable prognosis group. RESULTS: After the treatment, there was a net increase in the progesterone receptors and sex hormone binding globulin and a significant decrease in the estrogen receptors. The increase in progesterone receptors and decrease in estrogen receptors occurred in the patient group with favorable prognosis regarding histologic type, degree of differentiation, and clinical stage, but also in the unfavorable prognosis group regarding the depth of myometrial invasion. Statistically significant decrease in the follicle-stimulating hormone concentration was observed in the groups with favorable prognosis regarding histologic type, depth of myometrial invasion, and grade of differentiation. Concentration of sex hormone binding globulin was significantly increased in groups with favorable prognosis if histologic type and grade of differentiation were taken into account. On the other hand, there was a significant decrease in the concentration of luteinizing hormone in the group with unfavorable histologic type and also a decrease in progesterone concentration in patients with unfavorable prognosis regarding the grade of differentiation. There was no statistical significance either in the concentrations of other hormones measured or in the DNA analysis by flow cytometry. CONCLUSIONS: Our results revealed that Tamoxifen can increase progesterone receptors and decrease estrogen receptors in endometrial cancer. The effect was most pronounced in tumors with favorable clinicopathologic parameters. We conclude that Tamoxifen therapy can induce progesterone receptor synthesis even in tumors with low initial progesterone receptor levels, making such tumors potentially responsive to additional hormonal therapy with progesterone. Copyright 1999 Academic Press.
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 12-16-2008 at 09:13 PM.

I've always thought the idea that combining nolva with deca /tren will make your gyno worse is BS. Sounds like an internet myth to me. Progesterone gyno is very rare, and I really doubt nolva would increase progesterone receptors enough to make any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Coop77 View Post
    I've always thought the idea that combining nolva with deca/tren will make your gyno worse is BS. Sounds like an internet myth to me. Progesterone gyno is very rare, and I really doubt nolva would increase progesterone receptors enough to make any difference.
    want to test it out for us?

Blog Entries
    I've always thought the idea that combining nolva with deca/tren will make your gyno worse is BS. Sounds like an internet myth to me. Progesterone gyno is very rare, and I really doubt nolva would increase progesterone receptors enough to make any difference.
    i used prov/nolva combo yers ago with 19 nor years ago and had no probs at all. To say this study 100% applies to healthy males is a stretch BUT as i said with other options avail why bother. The study is certainly more reliable than some personal doubt based on opinion. Who knows maybe the proviron addition to nolva is what offset any possible sides by synergistically working with nolva to keep estro levels very low which would def help eliminate sides. I'll stick with adex and as i said love the progesterone antagonist properties of winstrol with 19 nors...i usually add it in with all my 19 nor stacks -not entire cycle but def twords the end. Anyway the study is intriguing and i wouldnt chance it personally any more. To each his own....

The problem with using an AI only to combat gyno symptoms is that it doesn't combat existing estrogen, which will continue to make symptoms worse until it leaves the body. Estrodiol (at least according to my doctor) sticks around in the body for a long time, much longer than testosterone .

want to test it out for us?
    Actually I am. I'm using nolva to combat a small lump that appeared in my test+deca cycle that ended two weeks ago. So far so good. Soreness is gone. Lump is a little smaller, i think. certainly not getting worse.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Actually I am. I'm using nolva to combat a small lump that appeared in my test+deca cycle that ended two weeks ago. So far so good. Soreness is gone. Lump is a little smaller, i think. certainly not getting worse.
    watch the size of your nipples. if your progesterone levels go up you wont get fatty or glandular gyno, your nipples (areola) will enlarge.

and yes i have seen pictures of this and seen it at the gym before

Blog Entries
    The problem with using an AI only to combat gyno symptoms is that it doesn't combat existing estrogen, which will continue to make symptoms worse until it leaves the body. Estrodiol (at least according to my doctor) sticks around in the body for a long time, much longer than testosterone.
    why would u want to combat existing estrogen? an estrogen level that exists prior to exo test introduction is actually healthy ...the goal is to prevent further amoitization of high levels of exogenous test you are introducing. An ai will keep estro levels from dramatically increasing by binding to aromitase enzyme and preventing aromitization - estrogen is necessary for progesterone to induce progesterone related gyno.. therefore low estrogen = no gyno progesterone or estrogen induced. Adex letrozole and aromisin are proven to lower estrogen levels to greater extent than nolva blocks estrogen receptor. Oh and your example is treatment of gyno post cycle...did u use nolva on cycle ..if so and its that effective with 19 nor why did u get gyno in the first place...no disrespect but imo u arent making much sense with your points here. It appears you are using nolva as a gyno treatment not as an estrogen control on cycle ...there is a difference....and if u did use on cycle it didnt work .

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    why would u want to combat existing estrogen? an estrogen level that exists prior to exo test introduction is actually healthy
    The scenario I was talking about is the one presented in the original post in this thread, and similar to my own. No anti-E's were used initially and estrogen went sky high and gyno symptoms appeared. At that point, an AI will prevent even more estrogen from forming, but only nolva will prevent the existing estrogen from causing problems before it goes back down to normal.

...the goal is to prevent further amoitization of high levels of exogenous test you are introducing. An ai will keep estro levels from dramatically increasing by binding to aromitase enzyme and preventing aromitization - estrogen is necessary for progesterone to induce progesterone related gyno.. therefore low estrogen = no gyno progesterone or estrogen induced. Adex letrozole and aromisin are proven to lower estrogen levels to greater extent than nolva blocks estrogen receptor.
    I'm not saying don't use an AI. If you continue the cycle after gyno appears, by all means do.

Oh and your example is treatment of gyno post cycle...did u use nolva on cycle ..if so and its that effective with 19 nor why did u get gyno in the first place...no disrespect but imo u arent making much sense with your points here. It appears you are using nolva as a gyno treatment not as an estrogen control on cycle ...there is a difference....and if u did use on cycle it didnt work .
    No I didn't use nolva during the cycle. I used some "research chemical" arimidex which turned out to be arimi-crap. I had my hormones tested during cycle and my estrogen was super high. My progesterone and prolactin were normal. That's the last time I'll use research chemicals. Had the arimidex been real I doubt I would have had problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    watch the size of your nipples. if your progesterone levels go up you wont get fatty or glandular gyno, your nipples (areola) will enlarge.

and yes i have seen pictures of this and seen it at the gym before
    I already had my progesterone tested and it was normal. I was on 500 mg deca per week, so I'm doubting this internet board's great wisdom about the deca-progesterone connection too.

Blog Entries
    The scenario I was talking about is the one presented in the original post in this thread, and similar to my own. No anti-E's were used initially and estrogen went sky high and gyno symptoms appeared. At that point, an AI will prevent even more estrogen from forming, but only nolva will prevent the existing estrogen from causing problems before it goes back down to normal.

I'm not saying don't use an AI. If you continue the cycle after gyno appears, by all means do.

No I didn't use nolva during the cycle. I used some "research chemical" arimidex which turned out to be arimi-crap. I had my hormones tested during cycle and my estrogen was super high. My progesterone and prolactin were normal. That's the last time I'll use research chemicals. Had the arimidex been real I doubt I would have had problems.

a legit ai from jump on cycle obviously best bet.

this interaction below made no sense to me as u arent testing out nolva on cycle with 19nor ???

coop 77: I've always thought the idea that combining nolva with deca /tren will make your gyno worse is BS. Sounds like an internet myth to me. Progesterone gyno is very rare, and I really doubt nolva would increase progesterone receptors enough to make any difference.

Phate: want to test it out for us?

coop77: Actually I am. I'm using nolva to combat a small lump that appeared in my test+deca cycle that ended two weeks ago. So far so good. Soreness is gone. Lump is a little smaller, i think. certainly not getting worse.

I now understand what u mean re gyno treatment not on cycle estro control.. nolva immediate something like letro etc take a while to be effective due to high circulatng estrogen while nolva immedaitely works to block receptor.
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 12-17-2008 at 10:09 PM.

Yeah, when I said "Actually I am", I guess I'm not really, since I'm not on cycle anymore.

Thread Information