jamyjamjr is offline Banned

test cycling 2nding as male birth control??

i recall when i first joined this forum i saw a thread where a guy was worried he might have gotten his chick pregnant full blast on a test cycle and one of the vets said test cycles play a good roll as male controceptives (birth control).....

im kinda in the same predic...

just lookin for some clarification
    im 24 years old btw..
    current cycle

test p 50mg ed
    tren a 50mg ed
    caber .25mg e3d
    a-dex .25mg eod
    finasteride .25mg e3d

if anyone has some credible scientific evidence as to lowered/virtualy non-existant sperm count etc, that'd be great too...

thx guys

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    I know its not what you were asking, but i found the following to be an interesting read.

Contraception for the year 2020
    http://bmb.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/co...tract/49/1/222

Ill do a little research for you bro, but im sure someone will beat me to it. (Peachfuzz, Mammon, or Phate).

Cycling does indeed reduce your sperm count, thats a fact i can provide you with, but it doesnt fully stop sperm production.

You can still absolutely get someone pregnant while on cycle.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Believe me... you can get her pregnant even when juiced to the gills.

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    there's been testing in Europe. Just google "Male Contraception" and scroll through the results. You'll find it

Male birth control pill soon a reality
    Implants, patches and creams also on the way
    By John Schieszer
    msnbc.com contributor
    SEATTLE, Oct. 1 — - Forty-year-old Scott Hardin says he’s glad that men may soon have a new choice when it comes to birth control. But, he adds, he would not even consider taking a male hormonal contraceptive. Hardin is like many men who are pleased to hear they may have a new option but are wary of taking any type of hormones.

“I would rather rely on a solution that doesn’t involving medicating myself and the problems women have had with hormone therapy doesn’t make me anxious to want to sign on to taking a hormone-type therapy,” says Hardin, who is single and a college administrator.

For the first time, a safe, effective and reversible hormonal male contraceptive appears to be within reach. Several formulations are expected to become commercially available within the near future. Men may soon have the options of a daily pill to be taken orally, a patch or gel to be applied to the skin, an injection given every three months or an implant placed under the skin every 12 months, according to Seattle researchers.

“It largely depends on how funding continues. The technology is there. We know how it would work,” says Dr. Andrea Coviello, who is helping to test several male contraceptives at the Population Center for Research in Reproduction at the University of Washington in Seattle.

Coviello and her colleagues have found that a male contraceptive that releases testosterone over three months is potentially a safe and practical method of contraception. The Seattle researchers have been testing a sustained-released, testosterone micro-capsule, which consists of a thick liquid administered by injection under the skin.

“I never had any real noticeable side effects. I didn’t notice any mood changes. I may have put on a little weight,” says Larry Setlow, a 39-year-old computer programmer with a small software company in Seattle. He has taken part in three male hormonal contraceptive clinical trials at the University of Washington and has received both pills and injections.

“They all worked really well and I was able to look at my lab results and see my sperm count drop to zero,” says Setlow.

lookie what i found... humm.. maybe i dont have to worry as much as i thought i did

johnnybigguns is offline Banned
    Don't bank on it I got my girl prego well i was one and so did my buddy and I have seen it enough times in the forum where guys have.

yea.. it's not like imma go on a nut busting rampage... it was a "in the heat of the moment" thing... doesn't usualy happen

yea.. it's not like imma go on a nut busting rampage
    ^^^

Spartan ^ is offline Associate Member
    My wife did a sperm count on me last week. (she's a scientist) I know thats gonna get alot of jokes. I am three weeks into my cycle and my actual swimmers were about 3 to 10,000. So yes it is possible I guess. Just funny that at two weeks in the levels are so low it would be very unlikely in most cases to get your chic preggers.

^^ nice.. backs up the article and puts my mind a bit more at ease.. good post spartan

I am three weeks into my cycle and my actual swimmers were about 3 to 10,000.

WTF? ^^^

"According to a widely used text among nursing and pre-med students, sperm count in the average male is anywhere between 50 million and 150 million sperm per milliliter. The same text states that if sperm count falls below 20 million sperm per milliliter then infertility is likely."

^^^ well then...

im sure there's an explination....

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    i have heard of several here in fact that have gotten pregnant while on cycle

I would NOT bank on a cycle being birth control at ALL !!!

hey.. it just makes sense that it would LOWER sperm count 2nd to testicular atrophy...

im not saying it's 99% effective, im saying it lessens the chances.. what the total percentage is, i dunno.. dont have that data...

this explains both situations...

Thread Information