Money is offline Associate Member

Hitting a Nerve upon Incjection, Very Painful.

Years ago, to break up the monotony of just injecting in my butt, I injected into my thigh. I remember hitting a nerve on the first try and then for days after the injection, my thigh feeling like it had a big bruise.

Last week, to give my butt a bit of a rest, I thought that I would try my thigh again. I tried my left thigh, when I got about 1/2 inch deep, I hit something that was very painful and my muscles twitched all over the place. Upon the second try in a location about 1/4 inch away, I didn't have a problem but of course was very wary putting the needle in. My leg felt bruised and hurt for days.

Last night, I tried my right thigh. Same thing, about 1/2 inche in, I hit something that felt like I was being electrocuted and the muscles were really twitching. I moved the needle about 1/4 inch over and it went in. At first, pushing my gear out of the syringe seemed impossible. I just couldn't move it out. Once I got it going, it went smoothly.

What is going on here, am I actually hitting nerves, the bone or am I just hitting very sensitive muscles?

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Bone at 1/2 inch? How thin are you? Where abouts on your quad? How far up from knee? Side? front? inner?

I thighs are pretty thick. I am not saying that I hit the bone but that is kind of like how it feels. That or a painful nerve.
    I am doing the injection at approximately the place where they show here on Steroid .com:
    http://www.steroid.com/inject.php
    It is about half way between the top of my leg and my knee and towards the outer quadrant.

cerealkiller326 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    If it's the inner thigh and your going half way. Isnt that too high??

I am doing it on the outer thigh. Please take a look at the picture that I put the link for. That is the approximate area.

Blog Entries
    On this forum. Search "how to Inject" it's broken down to understand. How about delta? Also my hometown is Osaka

Quote Originally Posted by cerealkiller326 View Post
    On this forum. Search "how to Inject" it's broken down to understand. How about delta? Also my hometown is Osaka
    Delta? What is that? I have been in Tokyo for 24 years.

smalltime7 is offline Member
    my guess is your to far to the side I hit one there once and could walk for two weeks make sure you closer to the top than the side.

In going through the forums, I am seeing many people having very similar problems with the thighs. Right now, my right thigh feels like I got kicked by a horse. When I did hit the nerve or whatever I hit, it really hurt and my muscles started twitching as though being electrocuted.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Tried quads once and not sure if I ever will again. That was painful for days afterwards.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    In going through the forums, I am seeing many people having very similar problems with the thighs. Right now, my right thigh feels like I got kicked by a horse. When I did hit the nerve or whatever I hit, it really hurt and my muscles started twitching as though being electrocuted.
    when i first read your post i though u were saying you were going through your forearms...lol

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    OP. you hit a nerve. It happens. Quads are a really good place to find a nerve during IM injections

Quote Originally Posted by -Ender- View Post
    OP. you hit a nerve. It happens. Quads are a really good place to find a nerve during IM injections
    There must be a way or an exact spot that people could show by a picture where we will not hit nerves.

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    There must be a way or an exact spot that people could show by a picture where we will not hit nerves.
    nobodys legs are the same.

Blog Entries
    I'm doing my 1st injection Thursday and I assure you I'm not doing legs lol. F that dude.Ive been electrocuted and that was not fun.
    Last edited by cerealkiller326; 01-11-2011 at 07:44 AM.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    I pin quads all the time.
    Yes there are a lot of nerves in the quads.
    After breaking the skin, I push the needle in sloooowly. If I get near a nerve I can tell, leg will start to twitch etc.
    If this happens I retract the needle slightly, change the angle slightly, and continue.

PistolStarta is offline Senior Member
    my guess us your pinning to far to the side and hitting in between quad/hamstring muscles. Ive done this and it can make the injection sting as well as leave me sore for several days I go to the side of my thigh then up 3 inches to center from that point to make sure I'm in the right area.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    A good thing to do is before you inject go ahead and sit in the position you will when injecting (important) and sligthly flex you thigh muscle then with your fingertips locate the midpoint of the muscle (the part you want to hit) as well as the margins of the muscle (where it ends, the part you want to stay away froom) and make a note of it. In my experience there is more geographiic variation in the width attachment and separation points of muscles of the leg than any other starters injeciton location.

Once you have become familiar with you own musculature you should have a lot less trouble with this.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Double post
    Last edited by Far from massive; 01-11-2011 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Double post

kaindawg is offline New Member
    everyone is different i personally never have a problem on the quad but you might wanna try pinching the skin in that area first before sticking. but a good rule is if it doesnt feel right go to a different site completely

I was sitting when I did the injection. In addition, I pinched the skin to get the needle through the first part. Once the needle was in, I let go of the skin and continued to push through. When I hit whatever I hit, it felt like I was electrocuted. I withdrew and moved the needle over about 1/2 inch and did the same without problem.
    Last night, My leg was very red around where I injected from top to bottom about 8 inches and about 5 inches wide. It was very hot in touching it.

Johnyonemove is offline Associate Member
    I hit a nerve once, but was determined on not repinning so i just dumped my gear on it (leg was twitching the whole time)... kinda painful, but not too bad.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyonemove View Post
    I hit a nerve once, but was determined on not repinning so i just dumped my gear on it (leg was twitching the whole time)... kinda painful, but not too bad.
    You don't have to "re-pin" simply retract slightly, change the angle slightly and continue.

I primarily pin quads, half of the injections I get the twitching / hitting a nerve feeling. I just inject anyways, hurts during injection but afterwards its fine.

brokendown is offline Junior Member
    First.........I have never injected myself with anything, but the last shots I received from the Doc were cortisone in the ankles.
    The Doc inserts the needle slowly and I can tell when the needle is getting closer to a nerve, to the point where you cant stand it anymore.

My question I guess , cant you insert a needle slow enough to know the nerve location and move to another spot?

I do inject slowly. For me, the hardest part is breaking the skin. That is where it is most painful. I make a pinch on the skin, push the needle through and from there, it goes without pain. However, this really hurt on both quads. On both, I really hit something. It has been about 5 days now and my left thigh hurts every where. It is as though I was kicked in the thigh from a mule.

You have your illiotibial band that runs down the side of your leg between the quads and the hams. Pretty tough stuff. Near that is your sciatica nerve. There's one branch that runs through the quad and a branch that runs through your glutes through to your ham. The exact location of that sciatica is different in each person. I guess you're mapping your nerve branch with your pinning. Also, if your pinning Prop you're going to feel pain. Especially if you're pinning into virgin muscle. If the pain is shocking and extremely localized it's probably a nerve. The best thing you can do is just map out the area that's painful and just avoid it. I pin right on the top of my quads half way between the knee and the hip. Good luck.

Thread Information