ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries

Your Intake when "ON"

How many Calories do you bump it up to when you are "On"

Or just give me a hint how many each individual is eating.

I know I cvan eat 4450 a day if i do cardio and keep it clean and that is just staying the same weight! Over 5k a day if i want to bulk..
    2500-3200 if i want to bulk

I eat 23-24% from fat
    35-40% from Carbs
    36- 42%Protein

How about You ??????

Atomini is offline Banned
    IMO it is not necessary to eat near as much as some people say (some people saying upwards of 5,000 - 7,000 or more cals per day) unless you are a competitive bodybuilder. That kind of 6,000 cals shit is reserved for ectomorphs. MOST people are usually inbetween a meso and endomorph.

My cal intake varies depending on my cycle goals. Myself being back in the military after a 4 year hiatus, I can't be as hulkingly huge as I used to be able to due to having to keep up my cardio. Having to lug around an extra 20 or 30 lbs of muscle in the field in addition to a lot of kit takes its toll, especially during ruck marches (and not to mention jogging). I'd say I try to stick around the range of 3,000 - 4,000, and I don't do 'bulks' anymore if i'm trying to gain muscle on-cycle. I do lean mass cycles.

When I did my very first cycle, I ended up listening to some of the retarded bro-talk around here about eating 5000 cals to bulk up, and then how people were saying during PCT you should eat even MORE(!!!!) than that to maintain muscle. First of all, I mentioned above that 5k and 6k calories stuff is mostly for ectos. Secondly, increasing it even MORE during PCT, as many people claim you should do, is outrageously stupid. I made the mistake of doing this for 3 months following my first cycle once, and I put on ALOT of fat. I did it because every fvcking momo told me to do it or else I would "lose my gains". It's a bunch of bullshit that seems to be parroted alot for no reason.

When on AAS, the body can utilize 5,000 - 6,000 cals a day to build muscle. When off AAS, the body can NOT use that much, and it will be stored as fat. So, when on PCT, calories should be reduced back to what the body CAN USE, but not so low that you will lose muscle. The idea is to train hard, reduce the volume of the workload, and eat clean but a fair amount (but not as much as you were while on cycle unless you want to start looking like the michelin man).

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I don't even keep anything detailed anymore.... I used to and it made no difference to me. I make sure I get a big breakfast..... big lunch..... and big dinner. Mostly egg whites, oatmeal, chicken, brown rice. Inbetween meals I snack on a variety of things.... pb&j lol - nuts - w/e I can find thats not too terrible to eat. I try and keep shakes to just PWO.

I'd say I get up to maybe 4000 calories..... usually no more and I've consistantly grown.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

I should also add..... I eat until i'm full and then force just a bit more in. Whether I keep a log or not.... I can't possibly fit anymore.

~Haz~

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

Hey Hazard, you do just fine on 3 meals a day when you both gain muscle as well as cut down?

I'm curious to switch to that as well, even just to see what difference it makes. It's really tough being back in the military to keep up eating 6x a day with each meal spaced evenly apart (especially during field training exercises where we're given rations).

Quote Originally Posted by Atomini View Post
    Hey Hazard, you do just fine on 3 meals a day when you both gain muscle as well as cut down?

I'm curious to switch to that as well, even just to see what difference it makes. It's really tough being back in the military to keep up eating 6x a day with each meal spaced evenly apart (especially during field training exercises where we're given rations).
    I seem to do fine.... I can't eat meals every 2 hours because of my job. My schedual is never consistant.....

I try and get 3 big meals..... I do eat between those meals..... just not as much. It really depends how my body is feeling and how y stomach can handle it. Maybe between breakfast and lunch i'll have 1/2lb of chicken with a cup of brown rice. maybe i'll just have a couple handfulls of peanuts..... maybe 2 pb&j's.....

I can't plan anything out and stick to it because my schedual can change at the drop of a hat. For cutting..... i cut back on calories and try to always snack between meals..... and also up the cardio (which I hate)

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Yeah my schedual isn't as solid as it used to be. That's good to hear, I may try what you're doing in a few months.

Do you see any fat gain at all when doing things in this method? What i'm worried about is if I go down to a 3x a day with larger meals that I might:

A. Lose muscle (which shouldnt be the case at all if i'm taking in adequate cals overall per day)
    B. Gain fat due to less frequent meals slowing down the metabolism

Yeah my schedual isn't as solid as it used to be. That's good to hear, I may try what you're doing in a few months.

Do you see any fat gain at all when doing things in this method? What i'm worried about is if I go down to a 3x a day with larger meals that I might:

A. Lose muscle (which shouldnt be the case at all if i'm taking in adequate cals overall per day)
    B. Gain fat due to less frequent meals slowing down the metabolism
    I can't say for sure what'll happen..... I seem to stay 12% bf year round. Like I said tho..... I eat between the meals to keep the metabolism going - Just not a full on 2 cups of brown rice with 1lb of chicken.

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I can't say for sure what'll happen..... I seem to stay 12% bf year round. Like I said tho..... I eat between the meals to keep the metabolism going - Just not a full on 2 cups of brown rice with 1lb of chicken.

~Haz~
    Yeah I hear you, some nuts and small easily accessible things inbetween here and there. How about your intake of fruits?

Yeah I hear you, some nuts and small things inbetween here and there. How about your intake of fruits?
    I eat no fruits or veggies LOL.....

not because I don't want to..... I just can't. I can down bananas but thats about it.....

literally..... i'll puke trying to eat a strawberry lol

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    IMO it is not necessary to eat near as much as some people say (some people saying upwards of 5,000 - 7,000 or more cals per day) unless you are a competitive bodybuilder. That kind of 6,000 cals shit is reserved for ectomorphs. MOST people are usually inbetween a meso and endomorph.

My cal intake varies depending on my cycle goals. Myself being back in the military after a 4 year hiatus, I can't be as hulkingly huge as I used to be able to due to having to keep up my cardio. Having to lug around an extra 20 or 30 lbs of muscle in the field in addition to a lot of kit takes its toll, especially during ruck marches (and not to mention jogging). I'd say I try to stick around the range of 3,000 - 4,000, and I don't do 'bulks' anymore if i'm trying to gain muscle on-cycle. I do lean mass cycles.

When I did my very first cycle, I ended up listening to some of the retarded bro-talk around here about eating 5000 cals to bulk up, and then how people were saying during PCT you should eat even MORE(!!!!) than that to maintain muscle. First of all, I mentioned above that 5k and 6k calories stuff is mostly for ectos. Secondly, increasing it even MORE during PCT, as many people claim you should do, is outrageously stupid. I made the mistake of doing this for 3 months following my first cycle once, and I put on ALOT of fat. I did it because every fvcking momo told me to do it or else I would "lose my gains". It's a bunch of bullshit that seems to be parroted alot for no reason.

When on AAS, the body can utilize 5,000 - 6,000 cals a day to build muscle. When off AAS, the body can NOT use that much, and it will be stored as fat. So, when on PCT, calories should be reduced back to what the body CAN USE, but not so low that you will lose muscle. The idea is to train hard, reduce the volume of the workload, and eat clean but a fair amount (but not as much as you were while on cycle unless you want to start looking like the michelin man).
    excellent post

yung_blood is offline New Member
    there are always certain tricks you can use to put back a few more calories after you are full or if you want to eat but have no appetite. for example getting oatmeal and water, warming it up and literally drinking it, then chasing it back with 2% milk. you'll put in an extra 300-600cal after you've already eaten your meal, or in between meals or whatever. another tip that has worked for me is a cup and a half of cottage cheese before bed with a cut up banana. and lastly, a litre of chocolate milk post workout helps me put on a ton of size.

grumpee is offline Associate Member
    Lots of good info here. I have been caring a ice chest packed with food and water every time I leave the house to make sure I eat every 2 hours and get my calories in. Maybe now I will try the 3 large meals like hazard mentioned..

Thread Information