Thread: Epo

powerws is offline Associate Member

Epo

IS EPO ilegal? I haven't heard anything about it and there is nothing that comes up in the search. Who knows about it? Thanks

DCannon is offline Knowledgeable Member

Sounds like killer stuff! I'm assuming it's oral? Need liver support? Ect?

Nope, it injected.

It can be killer, literally, if you don't monitor with blood work.

Do you know what industry standard doses are?

Vullfromsc is offline Associate Member
    for EPO dosing i have read mixed things.. some do it like this:

Day 1-14 1000iu-2000iu ED
    Day 15-42 500iu-1000iu ED

i had a close friend who runs D1 XC who did it more like this:
    Day 1-10 2000iu-3000iu ED
    Day 11-50 1000iu EOD

you get the idea

you need about 40,000-50,000 iu for a cycle to seek the true benefits of drastic RBC increases from what i have seen, and yes it is very dangerous if you are predisposed to thick blood or have heart problems

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Don't bother. It isn't worth it unless you're a high-level endurance athlete. And if you are one, you're probably being drug-tested, so it'll show up.

Vullfromsc is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Don't bother. It isn't worth it unless you're a high-level endurance athlete. And if you are one, you're probably being drug-tested, so it'll show up.
    i agree about the high-level endurance thing, but it actually is only detectable for 3 months after you use it, while the benefits can last up to 6 months after you stop. sure your RBC count will be high if you get tested, but the traces of erythropoietin will not be there.

just be like every pro cyclist and marathon runner out there and say you sleep in an elevation chamber (LOL)

depfife is offline Associate Member
    If you compete at a national class level, you will be tested. But after 8 days, The difference between EPO generated RBC and natural RBC cannot be determined... so at that point they go by percentages.. Most sports tolerate 50% hematocrit with no penalty, because perhaps 20% of the population have that level naturaly. Excess endurance training effects/increases blood plasma volume, that is the non-cellular, liquid portion of whole blood. This dilutes your red cells giving you a lower hematocrit, so it is not uncommon for such an athlete to have levels as low as 40-42%... Just think what you could do with an extra 8%!!!! That's like 20% more oxygen to your muscles!!! It is easy to see why endurance athletes do it!! I have for 4 years streight!! I feel great!! My doctor sees my bloodwork and says I'm in superb health!!! Even in a advanced state of dehydration, the chances of dying of "thick blood" are very remote!! Not enough to warrent concern... Most the bloggers in here say that EPO is so dangerous, have little to no experience with EPO!

Forest is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by depfife View Post
    If you compete at a national class level, you will be tested. But after 8 days, The difference between EPO generated RBC and natural RBC cannot be determined... so at that point they go by percentages.. Most sports tolerate 50% hematocrit with no penalty, because perhaps 20% of the population have that level naturaly. Excess endurance training effects/increases blood plasma volume, that is the non-cellular, liquid portion of whole blood. This dilutes your red cells giving you a lower hematocrit, so it is not uncommon for such an athlete to have levels as low as 40-42%... Just think what you could do with an extra 8%!!!! That's like 20% more oxygen to your muscles!!! It is easy to see why endurance athletes do it!! I have for 4 years streight!! I feel great!! My doctor sees my bloodwork and says I'm in superb health!!! Even in a advanced state of dehydration, the chances of dying of "thick blood" are very remote!! Not enough to warrent concern... Most the bloggers in here say that EPO is so dangerous, have little to no experience with EPO!
    What sport do you compete in? If you don't mind me asking.

BTW, I am a competitive endurance athlete who recently began HRT...150 TestE ew, and I must say I really, really feel the RBC bump. For those athletes who have trained for decades and thousands of hours will actually feel even a minute increase in RBC. I cannot imagine what EPO would feel like...crazy!

Thread Information