T-99 is offline New Member

Question Planning for 2nd cycle - some questions about Anavar

36, 5'8, 175lbs, approx 17% bf.

I've read up on Anavar and like the idea that it's the safest oral(very little sides if any), doesn't shut down your nuts, great strength gains, lean mass(not a lot, I know), keep most if not all of gains, improved cardio respiratory function, and accelerates fat loss.

For my next cycle, I'm looking at taking Var for a minimum of 8 weeks @ 50mg ed...my goal is to gain strength, conditioning, muscle, and keep it. Is that a sufficient dose/length of time?
    My first cycle back in October was 4 wks of Dbols(kick start) and 9 weeks of test-c. Gained 25 lbs, lost 20 of it but I came out leaner and kept a bit of strength, but the mass I lost became very noticeable to those who know me personally and I want to avoid the same happening in the future.

Now I'm wondering what the difference would be if I took this on its own or stacked with some kind of test? Is stacking Var with test neccessary?

For a Var only cycle, what would I need for PCT?

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

Cheers,

T-99.

Jawcep is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-99 View Post
    36, 5'8, 175lbs, approx 17% bf.
    Wouldn't generally recommend a straight var cycle. Generally go with a test base as well. The only really thing that stands out to me though is your BF. Might want to get that down a little bit before you hit up your next cycle. I have read that var will do a little cutting but I think if you naturally decreased your BF% before starting your results would be so so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawcep View Post
    Wouldn't generally recommend a straight var cycle. Generally go with a test base as well.

...I think if you naturally decreased your BF% before starting your results would be so so much better.
    Why is this?

Jawcep is offline Junior Member
    If your goals are to gain etc, test with var will definitely produce greater results - var alone will not give you as great an increase. I started my first cycle (sust 500mg/wk for 8 wks) being very lean and at the end of it was still lean just bigger. I would think that the less fat someone has the less area the body has to hold water. I could be completely wrong there but it seems like a fair assumption. Having a low BF before beginning will also mean that the cut you get will end up being more aesthetic.

Also at age 36 your natty test may be starting to slightly decline. Getting bloods done will give you an indication if this is that case. This is another indicator that Test during the cycle may be beneficial, even at a TRT dose.

If you are concerned about being "shut down" maybe you should have a really good look into PCTs. Oh yes yes yes if you are cycling you are always going to need a PCT. Var DOES shut you down a bit but with any cycle if the PCT is good (and I'm talking more than just Nolva 20/20/20/20) you should be right for everything to be started again.

What is your diet like?

Cheers dude...I know you're trying to help and I appreciate the replies.

Any vets have some thoughts?

You can run a straight var cycle if you want. It works. I like the higher end at 80mg/ed for 6 weeks. I've experienced good gains for the first 6 weeks and the gains tapered off quite a bit for me. Var will shut you down some so you should run PCT. Also, because you do shut down I would also run a small dose of Test P to maintain the endogenous level of Testosterone . I normally run about 200mg/wk for the duration of the cycle. I start Test P 1 week before I start var. So I'm on Test P for 7 weeks and var for 6 weeks. A good controlled diet and cardio really starts to shed fat in a couple of weeks. Don't skip the PCT.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    You can run a straight var cycle if you want. It works. I like the higher end at 80mg/ed for 6 weeks. I've experienced good gains for the first 6 weeks and the gains tapered off quite a bit for me. Var will shut you down some so you should run PCT. Also, because you do shut down I would also run a small dose of Test P to maintain the endogenous level of Testosterone. I normally run about 200mg/wk for the duration of the cycle. I start Test P 1 week before I start var. So I'm on Test P for 7 weeks and var for 6 weeks. A good controlled diet and cardio really starts to shed fat in a couple of weeks. Don't skip the PCT.
    Sweet, thanks for the reply! Would Test-C be ok as a substitute for test P? I ask because I know how my body reacts to test-c as I have taken it before.
    And what would be a sufficient PCT for Test and Var?

Cheers,

T-99

Thread Information