Marty_4 is offline Associate Member

leaving air in the syringe

I've read in a few places lately AND WATCHED A VIDEO ON YOUTUBE that in order to get all the gear out of a shot some people leave air in the syringe that pushes all the fluid out. 0.3 ml
    Have I read wrong or is this safe?
    surely you can't fit 0.3ml in the dead part of teh syringe and needle can you?

Regards
    Marty

mikail is offline Junior Member
    I've always wondered the same thing, I've always kept the bubble out just in case

buffgator is offline king of mass
    i leave maybe .1ml but i think that's plenty. i can hear it clear the needle at the end of the shot

barakelium is offline New Member
    technically since its going into a muscle (and not a vein)... that little amount of air would not be a problem, especially since you can tell when the gear is out of the sight area of the needle... personally i dont do that... the extra couple bucks you might save in gear isnt worth peace of mind to me... lol

itsmrgreen is offline Junior Member
    go post might try this one day because im not worried about the amount of air left in the needle like if its a little bubble because in a sticky it says that you would need about 20ml of air to die so your safe there

Marty_4 is offline Associate Member
    Cheers lads.
    I'm going to think about it ha.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    The hub and syringe fit .1-.15ml.
    But I do .2-.3ml of air. Why not? It can't hurt you.

abel13 is offline New Member
    Just from my medical experience, air will not cause harm in the muscle. I wouldnt put 5cc of air in my muscle, but your body would fix it if u did. A little air will deff not hurt you. It is when air gets into arteries and veins that causes problems. Then it is called air embolisms, but it takes more then a simple air bubble.

mikail is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmrgreen View Post
    go post might try this one day because im not worried about the amount of air left in the needle like if its a little bubble because in a sticky it says that you would need about 20ml of air to die so your safe there
    20ml all at once? or does the air add up? :S

MR10X is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    This works very well with stuff like HGH,HCG and peptides where you only use 1ml to mix and do small .1ml shots. With an insulin syringe you have to draw a small bubble .1ml and hold it with the needle pointing down and tap the syringe with your finger to get the bubble to float to the top. I also do it with my oil based stuff too but you need a bigger bubble with the bigger 3ml syringes and longer needles. I have done SC and IM injections with the bubble.

abel13 is offline New Member
    Hmm, I do not know to be honest. But like i said, totally depends on where the air goes. If the air goes only muscle, u can prob put 60ml< in it. You will cause major damage and pain, but it wont kill you. If the air goes via vein/artery not sure on a exact number. But if i had to guess, I would say 10ml< is deadly. I will ask some of the doctors at work for a better number.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Like pretty much any overdose, the amount of air needed in an IV injection to cause a fatal embolysm will depend on a number of factors: age, physical condition, bodyweight, rate injected, location injected, etc.
    You'll never find an exact number.

But if you aren't already in the middle of having a stroke, even a few mls of air won't hurt you, especially IM.

tony1032 is offline Junior Member
    I've done this since the first time I've pinned, love it, works great.

DGK
    DGK is offline Member
    Works fine and im still alive. I leave a bubble in the syringe and use it to get all the gear out. Works good. Waste not want not

Thread Information