Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member

Swollen Glute after shot

I took a test e 300mg shot about Tuesday Morning. Second shot form bottle and I am a excessive with rubbing alcohol swabs. I have not been able to sit my right ass check is swollen. If I have had any pain form test shot its 24-48 hours the max. This is 3 days and it does not seem like it will going away in the next couple of hours. I know I am probably being a *****, but just incase when should I worry if its an infection and not a reaction to my gear?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    if it gets hot and red, or you have a fever i would then worry
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    On point as always^ Discoloration is the first bad sign.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yep ^^ while red is a warning sign if it starts to have yellowish hues this is a particularly bad and scary thing.

Rwy
    Not really red its a little warmer then my left check. Its feels more like I was hit with a baseball bat then an infection but than again i dont really know what an infection feels like.

Thanks for the info. I will keep an eye on it.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    How many times have you pinned this site?300mg was that equal to 3ml?

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by ironbeck View Post
    How many times have you pinned this site?300mg was that equal to 3ml?

Its been about a month since i pinned my glutes. My first time pinning my glutes with this test. It was one cc

I feel perfectly fine. This happened when I took t4 many many years ago. I could not sit down for a week. What is strange is the site pain did not start until about a day and half after the shot. Thats why I am worried

Rwy
    after doing some research online (i am still going to pay attention to it) I realize my technique is not good on my glutes and this paticular shot did not got smoothly. I def could have done some more damage to tissue then normal.

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    On point as always^ Discoloration is the first bad sign.
    Good LORD! Avatar............

Rwy
    I said **** it and went to the dr.

She said it looks like it was on its way to getting infected. Got anitbiotics. Better be safe then sorry

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwy2778
    I said **** it and went to the dr.

She said it looks like it was on its way to getting infected. Got anitbiotics. Better be safe then sorry
    Sounds like an access. I had that once on my glutes but it resolved on its own.

Access?!?! Wtf. That should have said abscess. Lmao.

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Access?!?! Wtf. That should have said abscess. Lmao.
    lol my iphone did that today when I was texting my friend telling him what happened he is like wtf are you talking about who has access on your ass

lol my iphone did that today when I was texting my friend telling him what happened he is like wtf are you talking about who has access on your ass
    Yes. Access to my ass is restricted! Lol

Damn iPhone auto correct.

Rwy
    Def glad I went to Dr. This thing doubled in size through the day.

Def glad I went to Dr. This thing doubled in size through the day.
    Wow, sounds unpleasant. Any other symptoms?

Rwy
    I cant sit down on my right cheek. It is pretty painful.

I am hoping this does not turn into abcess that needs to be drained. I told my dr is was a test replacement shot from another dr

probably was not good if she has it marked down on record. not sure what to do I am hoping otmorrow when I wake up it has gone down a little bit

I have been on antibiotics for 2 days now

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Keflex?
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Rwy
    ummm starts with a d

Let me see if I can find on net.

Rwy
    actually its cephalexin

geez gix you know your shit those are the same anti biotic

How long before this starst going down or I need to drain
    Last edited by Rwy; 07-14-2012 at 11:30 PM.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwy2778 View Post
    I cant sit down on my right cheek. It is pretty painful.

I am hoping this does not turn into abcess that needs to be drained. I told my dr is was a test replacement shot from another dr

probably was not good if she has it marked down on record. not sure what to do I am hoping otmorrow when I wake up it has gone down a little bit

I have been on antibiotics for 2 days now
    Always be honest with them. They aren't there to judge or inform authorities of the current situation regardless of it being a crime or not. Remember their confidentiality policy they have to abide by or it's their ass and you getting paid. That aside, this will also allow them to treat you properly, vs treating an issue stemming from folly data which could potentially be counter-productive.

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    Always be honest with them. They aren't there to judge or inform authorities of the current situation regardless of it being a crime or not. Remember their confidentiality policy they have to abide by or it's their ass and you getting paid. That aside, this will also allow them to treat you properly, vs treating an issue stemming from folly data which could potentially be counter-productive.
    I read off another message board I could get dropped form insurance. That's what I was worried about.

Anyhow is went down a little today. Really hoping that I dont need anything drained.

rage223 is offline Junior Member
    I would'nt worry about it too much. I get swollen cheeks a day after my test cyp shot almost every time. It'll blow your sides (of your cheek) out a bit but it usually will subside before its time to pin that site again. I read it was do to the BA concentration in UG test types.

Rwy
    I pinned a half cc of this test with my old bottle of test. So I am not sure if it was the gear our most likely me

Do you guys think I should dump the test?

rage223 is offline Junior Member
    Why dont you try the new bottle by itself. See if you have the same soreness. If so, then no I wouldnt dump it. If it gets better then yes I would dump it. But I feel like your just sore from pinning. I swear sometimes I get so sore I cant sit straight.

Rwy
    bro my right ass check is just not sore. Did you see my other replies? My right ass check is the size of a melon, rock hard and now red

I know what being sore from an injection is like. Tuesday will be 7 days since injection this is def something else.

dbw1968 is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    I guess my wife is the bomb when it comes to pinning me. I am on my first cycle and terrified of all needles, but I have hardly felt one injection so far. I have alternated delts for 8 pins. I moved to glutes for 4 pins now. Both are extremely painless. I take all of my weight off of whatever glute I am getting pin by putting all my weight on the opposite leg. Also, she injects it 1.5 inches in by pretty much burying into my glute. I think some people dont inject deep enough into the muscle. She injects about 1in into my delts. I guess I have been fortunate to not have any issues thank God cus I am a poon when it comes to needles. Lol

bro my right ass check is just not sore. Did you see my other replies? My right ass check is the size of a melon, rock hard and now red

I know what being sore from an injection is like. Tuesday will be 7 days since injection this is def something else.
    Any discoloration yet (other than redness)? Are you running fever, experiencing any chills? How is your appetite? Still sounds like a developing abscess. How long have you been on the cephalexin now? Do you have any sensitivities to penicillins? It's possible you are not responding to the cephalexin or you just need a bit more time. If non-responsive, an alternative treatment (bactrim, chloromycetin, amoxicillin, erythromycin, etc.) might be necessary. For some people it can take 3-4 courses of antibiotics to finally eradicate an infection. Schedule a follow-up visit with your MD this week if you are not seeing any improvement or if conditions/symptoms are escalating.

Rwy
    No discoloration. I had a fever yesterday but I was at the beach and over did it a bit. No fever today. She gave me 600 mg ibuprofen I havent been able to shit all day from either that or antibiotics. I wish I had no appetite because I think I ate a 3 foot long hero today that probably ****ed up my great dieting for the week.

The dr circle the swollen part and said if it grew out of the circle to get there today and if it didnt follow up. 60 hours on antibiotics. I doubled up the dose today and it went down a bit. I think its an abcess also. I just hope I dont need to get it drained. I

No discoloration. I had a fever yesterday but I was at the beach and over did it a bit. No fever today. She gave me 600 mg ibuprofen I havent been able to shit all day from either that or antibiotics. I wish I had no appetite because I think I ate a 3 foot long hero today that probably ****ed up my great dieting for the week.

The dr circle the swollen part and said if it grew out of the circle to get there today and if it didnt follow up. 60 hours on antibiotics. I doubled up the dose today and it went down a bit. I think its an abcess also. I just hope I dont need to get it drained. I
    Follow her advice and seek immediate medical attention if symptoms worsen. It should clear up on its own. A warm compress general helps move leukocytes to the area to clear the infection but if you were not instructed to do so, please do not do this.

.....also, do NOT push on the are or attempt to drain it. This can make a bad situation worse.

Rwy
    I am done pinning my own ass. I hate it. lol

I ****ing despise it

I would rather pin my trap before my ass again lol

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by dbw1968 View Post
    I guess my wife is the bomb when it comes to pinning me. I am on my first cycle and terrified of all needles, but I have hardly felt one injection so far. I have alternated delts for 8 pins. I moved to glutes for 4 pins now. Both are extremely painless. I take all of my weight off of whatever glute I am getting pin by putting all my weight on the opposite leg. Also, she injects it 1.5 inches in by pretty much burying into my glute. I think some people dont inject deep enough into the muscle. She injects about 1in into my delts. I guess I have been fortunate to not have any issues thank God cus I am a poon when it comes to needles. Lol
    My gf is useless lol

dbw1968 is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    My gf is useless lol
    Lmao. U need my wife to pin u?

Quote Originally Posted by dbw1968

Lmao. U need my wife to pin u?
    My gf gave me an abscess in the glute. Fortunately it cleared on its own with no complications. I think her problem was she pushed the gear too hard through the needle.

I only let her pin my delts now. I pin my own quads. Not sure about traps. I heard its pretty brutal.

I've done calves and biceps.....but never again. Gear burned like hell and muscles were sore for days!!!

Rwy
    Delts are such a walk in the park for me but I have so many veins there. I am sure I have def gone through veins plenty of times

Thread Information