hockeyman59 is offline New Member

Smile 100% newbee...need simple advise

Hi everyone - i am new here and very VERY new to the whole steroid scene so I do apologize if this question has already been asked and answered. But i would love the "idiot version" of the answer since I don't know anything about any type of steroid.

to start:
    I am 36 generally in good health - 185 lbs (not sure how much body fat, more than i would like )
    I am in the gym 5-6 days a week for at least 2 1/2 hours with 30 minutes of cardio (bike or run) each time.

I have not taken any supplements outside of creatine and a test booster (t-up and a-hd) but I did not notice any gains with that... creatine just made me bloated(although i still take it) and the t-up and a-hd just drained the bank account.

I am looking to put on some size. I guess I am what you call a hard gainer. No matter how much i lift, high reps low weight or low reps high weight I cannot put on any considerable size. and I have been in the gym for several years now.(more when i was younger)

I am looking to get a simple easy to understand advise on what I should start with. I would like to try a few cycles to see if it works for me (i know I am not going to be Arnold over night)

I need to know what to take from you guys out there... what to take from the first week all the way into the post cycle (don't want to get man boobs or any heart defects)

I would rather stay with pills than shots(not that I am a sissy about needles cause i have tattoos all over) I just don't know where to inject and how to tell if i hit a nerve, etc .. so pills would be a better choice for me.

So can anyone help a first timer out? Please be kind, don't tell me to search the forum for the answer cause I already did and i don't see something that relates to my personal situation.

I really respect your personal opinion on what I should start with because after all.... you all know what your doing more than me.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    finding out your bf first is important. i would recommend different things depending on your bf
    also you have to be over training. 2 1/2 hours 5 to 6 days a week is way to much. And doing you more harm then good. More isnt always better
    oral only cycles pretty much suck. So either take the time to learn how to inject or i wouldnt waste the time or money
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Cut your 2 1/2 hr work out in half. Your over training Work on your diet. Cardio eod. Ther are no hard gainers just people who don't eat enough or right. List everything you ate today and lets see where you are. Then we can talk about aas.

Damn it Gixxer beat me again

lol, great minds think alike

pre work out 4:30am - amino acid supplements / jack3d
    workout - creatine
    post workout 7:00am - protein (mucletech beef protien) / 2 bananas

10am - protien bar (32 grams)

12:30 lunch - peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread with protein shake

3:00pm - protien shake / amino acid supplement

5:00pm - thai noodle dish (wife is thai so i get feed thai dishes every day lol)

8:00pm protien shake

10:30pm - craving food but the kids at all the cookies ;-(

that is pretty much what i eat every day more or less.... nothing outside that except 1 day a week for 1 meal i will cheat with a hotdog or chick-fl-a chicken sandwich

well thats why you are stuck where you are. And steroids wont fix a bad diet.
    Your best bet is to check out the nutrition section. Get a good diet and cut back your time in the gym. And i know you will see a huge difference

Buddy I eat more than than in my first 2 meals out of 6. You have way too many shakes and not enough real food. You need to figure out your macros and tdee. Please take advantage of the nutrition section. You have a lot of growing to do naturally. Food is the most anabolic substance you can take. Besides insulin but that's not an option.

Damn it Gix this is getting old. Just kidding

lets say 15bf.. and if i was going the injection way... which would you recommend? If i am going to do it, i want to do it right.

so ok, i will cut the training down to 1 1/2 with cardio ramped up

if you want to do it right dont even worry now. Get your diet sorted. Because you know whats going to happen. Your going to run it anyway. You will get a little bigger not even close to what you could with a good diet and then loose it all. So your going to waste time, money and put your health at risk,.

you have no protein besides shakes and bars. worry about that for now

stpete is offline Banned
    Yep. Diets the issue.

castiron is offline Associate Member
    Well the most obvious thing I see is the fact that you arent eating before you workout (at 4:30!). Perhaps you need more sleep... Unless you are cutting you need to have a meal first thing in the AM, also a large portion of your carbs should be coming in this meal. so if you are 186 your macros should look something like this 300g protein, 400g carbs, and 150g fats. shoot for at least 6 small meals a day I think you should only be having 2 replacement shakes or bars per day as well. Try to make those 6 small meals around 600 cals. If you have multiple small meals it will be easier to take in more calories. And it is IMPERATIVE that you get in your Postworkout meal within 15 mins of dropping that last weight. Also limit cardio to 3 times a week and maybe switch that ridiculous 2.5 hrs of workout into a 45 minute MAX powerlifting workout, heavy weights, low reps 5x5 is great. Im sure I will be corrected but I think im on the right track with this advice. Eat and you will get bigger. Then you can start out with a basic Test based AAS cycle when you have made gains from your diet. Diet is obviously your problem.

When I was powerlifting I was taking in 6000-10000 calories a day! My postworkout snack was an entire rotisserie chicken from publix! I had no problems gaining weight...Also I was drinking up to a gallon of milk a day but alot of these guys will say thats bad.

stpete is offline Banned
    I wouldn't go so far as to say it's imperative to get a meal within 15 minutes of your workout. Ideal? Yeah. I've always liked picking up a shake at the gym to hold me till i got home. And eating is then priority #1.

Guys, I wanted to say thanks for all your advise. I will defiantly work on getting my diet in check. That has always been my problem, fear of eating too much puts on the pounds around the midsection but not enough food and I can't get big.... so where is the balance...?

I do quite a bit of card to stay somewhat in hockey shape. I am on the bike every day (sometimes just to keep my legs from getting tight before a game) but i always worry about if I start eating hordes of food i will not be able to do enough cardio to get it off... i don't think i will ever get my six pack abs back like when i was 20, but a flatter stomach would work better than rolls ;-)

again, thank you guys for helping me out and pushing me off into the right direction.

Wish people were at my gym to tell about this stuff, but i work out at la fitness(Atlanta) where the most of the "big" guys just rather spit on you than talk to you.... Cant get to a real gym like Golds where the hardcore lifters are at.

Thread Information