Thread: new to steroids

mckie is offline New Member

new to steroids

As the title goes I'm new to steroids . My issue is I'm pretty scrawny to begin with and going to the gym everyday hitting the weights I see no improvement at all which I work out with my brother that's in the army. What I'm looking for would be something to help me put on some lean muscle mass in the beginning so I can at least start lifting heavier weights. idk how steroids work but I'm only looking to use it a few times to gain some muscle not a forever thing. Any help will be appreciated. And as I said before I know nothing about steroids so feel free to explain everything. Oh yes almost forgot my stats are 6'2 175-185 I tend to bounce in that range since early high school and I'm 23

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Welcome.

You need to learn how to eat. If you do a cycle now, you likely will not keep any of it because you have not built a foundation for any new muscle to grow on. You first need to build some solid dense muscle in order to maintain any new muscle. Then, you need to eat more to maintain your new muscle. It’s all about eating. Figure out your TDEE and up your cals at least 500 each day to gain some weight. Workout regularly and eat a high calorie clean balanced diet. There's no magic pill. The magic is EATING.

You need to learn to eat properly before you learn to use AAS. Post your intended diet here including macros and the pros in there will assist you in tweaking your diet to fit your intended goals. Good luck!

Hard Gainers - Gaining Weight

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...!#.UISXU2fX_ft

Nutritional Forum

http://forums.steroid.com/forumdispl...M#.UHNufa7X_fs

Awesome thanks but what's TDEE?

Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    Total daily energy expenditure.

You need to calculate how many calories you need to stay at same point.

And than you can eater add some to gain, or eat less than that to lose.

BTW you got some shape Mickey at that avi!
    Last edited by Gaspaco; 02-05-2013 at 01:11 AM.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Total Daily Energy Expenditure. Google it to learn how it works.

You can also determine your TDEE buy using your LBMX15.

(LBM = Lean Body Mass). To determine LBM, you need to know your BF (body fat) percentage. Subtract the BF% form your body weight and you'll have LBM.

Ex: 200lb man has 15% BF. 200lbs - 15%BF = 170lbs of Lean Body Mass or LBM. LBMX15 = 2550 Calories.

Okay well after reading the links you guys sent me ive figured im not taking enough calories in. I also figured i will change my eating habits to 6 times a day. i rounded up to 4000 calories a day to help put on some weight but i dont really know what eating habits i should adapt. And what types of food are low or no carbs. I guess my biggest question how do i eat healthy by still taking in 4000 calories.

okay i reread the Hardgainers-gaining weight and i noticed this
    "Try eating 300g protein, 400g carbs, and 150g fats."
    I have no idea how to figure the amount of Proteins Carbs and fats? any links or help would be very appreciated

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    To the OP, i'm in the Army and i'm not trying to bash your bro at all but EVERYBODY in the Army thinks they know everything about fitness. Lol just be careful

Quote Originally Posted by mckie View Post
    okay i reread the Hardgainers-gaining weight and i noticed this
    "Try eating 300g protein, 400g carbs, and 150g fats."
    I have no idea how to figure the amount of Proteins Carbs and fats? any links or help would be very appreciated
    In the nutrition section clean food sources for proteins, carbs and fats are posted along with their caloric and macronutrient values. Check in the stickies.

awesome thanks for the help

No problem brotha. Stick around. There's tons of good info here.

Soar is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    Total Daily Energy Expenditure. Google it to learn how it works.

You can also determine your TDEE buy using your LBMX15.

(LBM = Lean Body Mass). To determine LBM, you need to know your BF (body fat) percentage. Subtract the BF% form your body weight and you'll have LBM.

Ex: 200lb man has 15% BF. 200lbs - 15%BF = 170lbs of Lean Body Mass or LBM. LBMX15 = 2550 Calories.
    I highly suggest you use this formula rather then google... Google will ask your total body weight then figure out your TDEE from there. Big mistake...

Thread Information