BigBrick is offline New Member

Upcoming doctors appointement, need advice.

I have to preface this post with the fact that I am only recently registered on this forum and am still learning the ropes. This may be a better question to pose via pm to a senior member, but I don't have those privileges as of yet. If this is an inappropriate question for the forum, please let me know. Moving on....

I had blood work done by a doctor for the first time two years ago, but we weren't looking for testosterone levels then. I was simply told, "Oh and by the way, your testosterone levels were fairly low." I don't remember what they were nor do I have access to those results anymore.

Fast forward to today as I embark on prepping for my first ever AAS cycle, (At least two to three months away until my BF% is lower).

I am scheduled to see my new GP next week and I complained of many typical symptoms associated with low T. Of course I expect blood work will be done before offering any further diagnosis.

In the event my new blood work does indicate low T, I imagine a typical treatment would be via trans-dermal gel or patch to start with.

My question is this- If I am prescribed any of the above (patch or gel), can I use this in addition to the 400mg Test Prop only cycle I am considering running in the near future, or is this comparing oranges to apples since the formulation and delivery methods are totally different?

Is there anything I can say to my doc to encourage at home injections (if a medical need exists) to "supplement" anything I purchase on my own to reach the 400mg amount?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Stats:
    42yrs
    229 lbs
    6-0
    18% BF (via bod-pod)
    No medical or health issues

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Not much you can do or say each physician has his or her own methodology you can work with them to educate.

Thunderforge is offline Associate Member
    I can't think of any reason to continue gel while cycling prop. The 400mg you are planning to do will be considerably greater than anything you would get out of the gel.
    I would simply bank the gel during that time.

A word of advice though. Plan your cycle time carefully. If you go on TRT it would not be uncommon to be retested periodically by the doctor. You don't want your test levels testing abnormally high then.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    As Thunderforge said plan on being retested by your doc. My endo had me coming in monthly for about 6 months when I first started TRT. I wouldn't plan on any cycle until he cuts you loose for your 6 month or yearly visits. And no there is no need to continue the gel while on a cycle.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by 600@50
    As Thunderforge said plan on being retested by your doc. My endo had me coming in monthly for about 6 months when I first started TRT. I wouldn't plan on any cycle until he cuts you loose for your 6 month or yearly visits. And no there is no need to continue the gel while on a cycle.
    Yes I recommend you get your trt sorted out before cycling otherwise you labs will not be accurate as your dr will more than likely want to retest at 60-90 day mark of you starting

BigBrick is offline New Member
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll update next week.

Thread Information