frighteous is offline Junior Member

Looking to hear feedback pertaining to negative affects to running

I consider myself a somewhat avid runner. I like to get in at least 3 miles a day, but keep it under 25 or 30 a week. I'm 6'5, 255lbs.

I guess to make my question simple...Here goes...Just how bad does the dark side dick up your connective tissues, and what measures can I take to mitigate the damage as much as possible? Also, are there are other guys in here that love to run like me, that have done a few cycles already? Please, feel free to chime in. It's really the only concern that I have.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Used to do a lot of running because I was a fat fvcker I got obsessed then I started getting a lot of jip from my knees so had to calm it down a bit then I got in to weight lifting so don't do so much now maybe 2 x wk but never seen a difference since cycling as in my knees getting worse

bigsiv is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frighteous
    I consider myself a somewhat avid runner. I like to get in at least 3 miles a day, but keep it under 25 or 30 a week. I'm 6'5, 255lbs. I guess to make my question simple...Here goes...Just how bad does the dark side dick up your connective tissues, and what measures can I take to mitigate the damage as much as possible? Also, are there are other guys in here that love to run like me, that have done a few cycles already? Please, feel free to chime in. It's really the only concern that I have.
    That's a decent bit of mileage to undertake so well done, back in my youth I would run something similar and we were taught to do full body stretching everyday. It use to help with flexibility in the tendons and ligaments and reduce injury. Although a totally different sport (boxing) I still find it helps tremendously in weight training

Nothing like a nice 1,3,4,5,2 to relieve that stress

I was thinking about maybe swimming more , but I love to go on runs with my music. I don't even do it to stay in shape or burn calories, I do it for stress relief, lol. After a run it feels like I just pounded 2 or 3 beers lol, and I don't have the hangover to go with it. Been doin it for years

bigsiv is offline Productive Member
    If it ain't broke don't fix it mate . Carry on and just listen to your body. If you start having problems just ease up. I wish I had that motivation to do cardio

and treadmills suck so hard. I don't know how those guys do it. I feel like a hamster on a wheel. I like running around traffic and people and scenery and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsiv View Post
    I wish I had that motivation to do cardio
    I remember I used to have to motivate myself to do it but now it's weird...I just do it because I know the benefits of it. It improves your mood all the way into the next day at work etc, if you run in the evenings.

My motivation would be in the toilet with it if it weren't for running with music, that is key for me to making it interesting.

Thread Information