Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By DrewZ
  • 1 Post By dk94
  • 1 Post By diesel101
  • 1 Post By DrewZ

Thread: body fat percentage

Jimmi Johnson is offline New Member

body fat percentage

Hi, quick question. Im 6'9 302 pounds and a bf% of 25%. I put on alot after highschool. I want to build muscle and loose the the fat. Should strictly burn off the fat with running and cardio before i start lifting? Like a 30day cardio cycle then hit the weights for 30? Im planning on takine supplements but i just need to know if i should do it all at once or better to do em separate? Thanks

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    Welcome Jimmi,

If I were you I would hit the iron from day 1, and finish up each lifting session with some light cardio - 20-30 mins.
    When I say light I mean 125-150bpm heartrate

The king here is going to be the diet, make sure your macros are in check
    devil-1986 likes this.

dk94 is offline Associate Member
    hit the weights, more muscle = more calories burned
    devil-1986 likes this.

Jimmi Johnson is offline New Member
    Thanks. Should i go on a high calorie or low calorie dietbto do what im trying to do?

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^^ agree with above ---few years back I had around 50 pounds to loose to get back to normal weight. What I did for first 2 months was hit cardio hard and strict diet to jump start weight lost I defiantly felt weaker when I went back to strict weight lifting. If you want to build muscle spend your energy on weights first then hit cardio- that will spare muscle lost, but it what to cut fat faster hit cardio first for 30-45 mins first then hit weights IMO and experience
    Good luck and don't give up

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Absolutely hit weights I made the mistake of loosing 50 lbs a few years ago by hardcore diet and a lot of cardio with no weights and I bet half of what I lost was muscle.
    devil-1986 likes this.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    what I was loosing the weight I always hit weight cardio first (want to lose fat fast) then I hit weights I would hit gym 5 days a week and would work two major muscle groups each day nothing crazy like I do now but still would get in about 8-10 good sets in each muscle group. Seemed to work good for me.

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    I've shed over 100 lbs of fat, and I too did my first 50 doing cardio only.

If I only knew what I know now! I would definitely hit weights first.

Other than to warm up joints, I would never do cardio immediately before I lift.

You want to use that energy, those glycogen stores on tearing down your muscle fibers in the weight room.

When you're done with your lifting session, the light cardio does wonders for recovery and fat loss.
    devil-1986 likes this.

devil-1986 is offline Associate Member
    I do it as same as DrewZ do and final result wondering me you can fast in recovery and fat loss and if your diet and supplementation are good enough u can save 90-95% of your muscle mass and strength even get some muscle mass if you do your sets heavily enough just make sure your cardio is between 30-45 min . you can do it for under 30 min in HIIT after lifting and dont go over 30 min of HIIT cardio training because of your muscle

Thread Information